Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Advertisement
This reminds me of the Henry Parrish situation I brought up on here time proved out I was correct that he was small and not explosive we’ll see how this one goes i personally would’ve went after better portal guys at corner from the first wave but to each is own.
weird attempted flex

Stating facts is now hating? You are saying stuff that has no facts. Ponds was a physical tackler and real good in coverage. But man who actually got abused in coverage and in the run game, im hating on them yeah? Amos must have been doing something to npt only get to Bama but them Kiffin took him up.
I dont speak on anything that’s not a fact all this confidence you all have in this kid he better actually be good and I’m not talking about sun belt ball.

Kiffin took graves who couldn’t get any burn here lol that man will take anybody in the portal he can convince to come to that country **** Amos was actually a big corner with size we should’ve been on him to. Again I didn’t say ponds couldn’t play I said he’s short and I’m not a fan of short corners I would rather ones with ideal size and speed who can play against anyone without being a mismatch.

Advertisement
except this guy is explosive being state champ in the 100m (and Parrish was good for us albeit not elite).
cant lie y’all boys give credit to average dudes who did nothing to make Miami actually Miami again im glad he’s gone and im glad we tried to get a better back who can actually truly be someone people fear.

Hes small and fast hopefully he doesn’t cost us games getting abused by kids who know how to take advantage of his deficiency’s

Last edited:
cant lie y’all boys give credit to average dudes who did nothing to make Miami actually Miami again im glad he’s gone and im glad we tried to get a better back who can actually truly be someone people fear.

Hes small and fast hopefully he doesn’t cost us games getting abused by kids who know how to take advantage of his decency’s
Here's where your argument keeps falling apart...

You keep referencing him potentially getting abused by bigger WR's when he literally played as an OUTSIDE CB on a weekly basis against bigger WR's & was successful. WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY saying that Damari Brown & Ja'Dais Richard are good or can be good when they showed the exact opposite when given the opportunity.

Your confidence in thr Corners we already have is founded in NOTHING, while the confidence that people have in Ponds is founded in actual GAME FILM & empirical data that supports his play on the field.

You're hung on the idea that because he played at JMU that he can't possibly be good enough to play at Miami, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY, completely missing that the CB's we already got have shown that they're likely not good enough to play at Miami either.

You're not a fan of short CB's, but there's a mountain hill of evidence that shows short CB's can play on both levels (college & pro) & still exceed.

Beanie Bishop lead the Nation in Passes Defensed last season with 20PD's & he's only 5'10. How is that possible?

Advertisement
Im just gonna keep posting facts. Last 2 CBs i can remember us recruiting out of high school we were decent here and made some big plays here, 1 drafted. 5'10 Corn Elder who has had a good pro career, and 5'9 Trajan Bandy who for whatever reasons didnt get drafted and likely would have if he came back

Darrell green and this man deserve to be compared?
Your argument has been Ponds is to small when in fact Green is smaller and one of the best ever in the NFL. Like Memnon and others have laid out pages of examples and facts that 5' 11" CBs or smaller are some of the best.

Advertisement
Here's where your argument keeps falling apart...

You keep referencing him potentially getting abused by bigger WR's when he literally played as an OUTSIDE CB on a weekly basis against bigger WR's & was successful. WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY saying that Damari Brown & Ja'Dais Richard are good or can be good when they showed the exact opposite when given the opportunity.

Your confidence in thr Corners we already have is founded in NOTHING, while the confidence that people have in Ponds is founded in actual GAME FILM & empirical data that supports his play on the field.

You're hung on the idea that because he played at JMU that he can't possibly be good enough to play at Miami, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY, completely missing that the CB's we already got have shown that they're likely not good enough to play at Miami either.

You're not a fan of short CB's, but there's a mountain hill of evidence that shows short CB's can play on both levels (college & pro) & still exceed.

Beanie Bishop lead the Nation in Passes Defensed last season with 20PD's & he's only 5'10. How is that possible?
Does he play the same competition in the sunbelt that we play? No brown has good film to and so does Richards but to fit your narrative of course you won’t pull that up those guys have talent and can get better if not then somethings wrong with our staff for not developing them.

Our corners can improve browns a true freshman playing in a very good conference with top nfl talent year in and out. I’m not against getting new corners but again I’m not trying to go for a kid who obviously is small and not a clear upgrade over anything we have currently.

Were ranked as a highly effective and efficient pass defense top 35 to be exact while this kid is coming from a terrible pass defense we pick and choose what stats to bring up to try to justify this kid instead of being conscious that these g5 kids aren’t all gonna come up here and be the same type of player out here they were down there.

Not saying there’s no short cbs who can play but bringing up an undrafted free agent to prove a point isn’t something I’m hoping we’re trying to bring into the team some difference makers I’m looking for guys like khyree Jackson who was a high upside backup at Bama who went to Oregon and turned into a nfl draft pick and did very well at Oregon and he wasn’t some top of the board portal guy

Your argument has been Ponds is to small when in fact Green is smaller and one of the best ever in the NFL. Like Memnon and others have laid out pages of examples and facts that 5' 11" CBs or smaller are some of the best.
This dude ain’t none of them corners I have watched everyone of those guys and they’re elite this man is an ok player playing for a team with a team pass defense that’s ranked behind these same corners you all want to bad mouth lol

Advertisement
^^ Memnon literally showed you the receipts of the poor technique or step too slow coverages we saw from Brown and Richard. Of course they can improve. But it is also true that they are currently not as solid production wise as this kid, and don’t have the athleticism. They’ve got a couple inches on him in height, but that doesn’t make them better corners.

Does he play the same competition in the sunbelt that we play? No brown has good film to and so does Richards but to fit your narrative of course you won’t pull that up those guys have talent and can get better if not then somethings wrong with our staff for not developing them.

Our corners can improve browns a true freshman playing in a very good conference with top nfl talent year in and out. I’m not against getting new corners but again I’m not trying to go for a kid who obviously is small and not a clear upgrade over anything we have currently.

Were ranked as a highly effective and efficient pass defense top 35 to be exact while this kid is coming from a terrible pass defense we pick and choose what stats to bring up to try to justify this kid instead of being conscious that these g5 kids aren’t all gonna come up here and be the same type of player out here they were down there.

Not saying there’s no short cbs who can play but bringing up an undrafted free agent to prove a point isn’t something I’m hoping we’re trying to bring into the team some difference makers I’m looking for guys like khyree Jackson who was a high upside backup at Bama who went to Oregon and turned into a nfl draft pick and did very well at Oregon and he wasn’t some top of the board portal guy
Show me the good film of Brown & Richard, I have literally every snap they played in every game cataloged, so go ahead show me their good film.

And then you say Ponds isn't a clear upgrade over what we have; WHICH CB THAT WE HAVE IS BETTER THAN PONDS & SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM.

And again back to the short CB point, I already referenced guys like Jaire Alexander & Asante Samuel Jr who are short CB's who played well on both levels, so what part aren't you understanding???

AGAIN, 4 of the top 10 leaders in Passes Defensed in CFB were 5'10 or shorter & Ponds was in the top 15. SHOW ME ONE MIAMI CB IN THE TOP 20? Go ahead, do it.

You're not making any sense whatsoever, you're simply arguing against size, which is fkin stupid to be quite honest.

All I need you to do is SHOW SOME EVIDENCE to support everything you're arguing for & against. Do that & I'll leave it alone.

Advertisement
Back