Pinstripe Bowl - Miami vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come everyone thought JB was going to be night and day different than he was last year after his reps

How come he was 3rd string behind a freshman Williams...(yes we win this game with Williams, despite a thin DL)

You guys keep blaming coaches with all.of this, but it's our coaches that are trying to turn this roster over....I will eat crow right now. I was an advocate for Addae at one point, but right now we need a better DB coach...HOWEVER, the way the game is called right now we have to be careful what we ask for. This game is just not friendly to DBs anymore. Discipline is a must, and recruiting is a must...I don't think Addae is helping is any aspect at all

Most of the people on this board are just out of control.

I still like where we are headed. And YES, I still think we need a game manager QB. I watched the dual threat capability with JB and its there, but Rutgers sold out on the run and JB was a part of that. Our next QB has to be a threat to throw an ACCURATE pass! Especially in the intermediate game. Otherwise the dual threat QB (who is almost always a one read guy, or holds the ball waaayyy too long in college) won't matter. You can't be dual threat and also can't throw an accurate short pass.
I don't know who you are addressing when you typed: "everyone thought"... "You guys"... "Most of the people", etc.
Please leave me out of this. :monkey-serious:

Advertisement
I can’t disagree. I guess I just didn’t expect much more so I’m less upset. Low bar of expectations.
It doesn’t matter if he keeps getting top 3 classes if they have the iq of asses

TELL ME THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING....LET'S ******* GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T **** THIS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eddie murphy film GIF

I don't know who you are addressing when you typed: "everyone thought"... "You guys"... "Most of the people", etc.
Please leave me out of this. :monkey-serious:
I only quoted you because I don't feel like finding the other guys that spend too mich of their lives on this site, *****!ing.

Sorry, you were a bit of a scapegoat.

How come everyone thought JB was going to be night and day different than he was last year after his reps

How come he was 3rd string behind a freshman Williams...(yes we win this game with Williams, despite a thin DL)

You guys keep blaming coaches with all.of this, but it's our coaches that are trying to turn this roster over....I will eat crow right now. I was an advocate for Addae at one point, but right now we need a better DB coach...HOWEVER, the way the game is called right now we have to be careful what we ask for. This game is just not friendly to DBs anymore. Discipline is a must, and recruiting is a must...I don't think Addae is helping is any aspect at all

Most of the people on this board are just out of control.

I still like where we are headed. And YES, I still think we need a game manager QB. I watched the dual threat capability with JB and its there, but Rutgers sold out on the run and JB was a part of that. Our next QB has to be a threat to throw an ACCURATE pass! Especially in the intermediate game. Otherwise the dual threat QB (who is almost always a one read guy, or holds the ball waaayyy too long in college) won't matter. You can't be dual threat and also can't throw an accurate short pass.
Great analysis. Also critical is the need to get rid of JaPenalty George. I’m so happy with the wrs coming in because on that first play and drive of the game for the offense Jacurri threw a perfect pass and JaDrop George made an appearance. Kid is a problem we don’t want or need next year

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter if he keeps getting top 3 classes if they have the iq of asses
It’s the same sh! !t Saban runs at Bama and you know this. It’s always about recruiting! Is the reason Bama hates the NIL because the bag game is now legal. Right now Mario is weeding out all the roster and putting all these boys through the fire 🔥. It’s only season 2. Dawsons play calling is not it. He gots to go! Enter Ken Dorsey!!!!💪🏾

I agree with you on the play calling but don’t tell me that recruiting top 3 classes don’t matter because in games the talent usually wins out off rip. Coaching does matter and I agree Dawson is not what the Canes need. But right now during the game many were going crazy about this game when in reality a few mistakes were the difference of the ball game. I think Jacurri played well. He is serviceable and can still develop. Dawson on the other hand has to go. Mario stuck up for him and took the blame for the Honey Bee 🐝 incident but it’s evident he’s not a good OC

Laugh all you want. I enjoyed seeing our kids fight today. Marquise Williams is a heck of a tackler. Didn't see Citizen, unfortunately. Maugoia hitting. Jacurri. Say what you want but the dude rallied. Restrepo balling. Enjoy something every once in a while. Our players played hard. Isn't that what everyone was complaining here for years about? Go Canes!

Advertisement
I only quoted you because I don't feel like finding the other guys that spend too mich of their lives on this site, *****!ing.

Sorry, you were a bit of a scapegoat.
Fair enough.
Actually, I didn't think we had a chance of winning today's game, but as it turned out Jacurri performed well especially in the second half... btw the officials robbed us of a touchdown. Also, I believe that you need to have elite talent for a coach to create greatness... but of course bad coaching does exist.

Fair enough.
Actually, I didn't think we had a chance of winning today's game, but as it turned out Jacurri performed well especially in the second half... btw the officials robbed us of a touchdown. Also, I believe that you need to have elite talent for a coach to create greatness... but of course bad coaching does exist.
I actually JB looked a little better with a decent OL...but he's still too much 'one read and go'

Yes it's just a sample size...

No, i don't think that will change in him

He already knows what he can do with his feet, and if he doesn't want to be realistic with his abilities as a football player, than guess what, his calendar as a football player is shorter than those that have realized their potential.

BOTTOM LINE

I actually JB looked a little better with a decent OL...but he's still too much 'one read and go'

Yes it's just a sample size...

No, i don't think that will change in him

He already knows what he can do with his feet, and if he doesn't want to be realistic with his abilities as a football player, than guess what, his calendar as a football player is shorter than those that have realized their potential.

BOTTOM LINE
I missed the game so I can't speak on it. Help me out here. How many games has JB actually played in since he's been here at UM? How many game reps has he had throughout this year? You've seen enough of him to say he needs to switch positions? Bottom line??
Look at how long it took J Milore to put together.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back