Nigel Bethel To Be Formally Charged

I have to ask this question...was this an attack, or was this a fight? Seems odd no one pulled him off of her the second he threw the first punch.

Advertisement
I Guarentee as ESPiN covers this story,,they will refer to Bethel as the "Former Miami verbal commit"!!

By the time ESPN is done, Bethel will have been "a once prized recruit and crown jewel of the Miami Hurricane 2014 recruiting class, slated to be a starting corner".

I have to ask this question...was this an attack, or was this a fight? Seems odd no one pulled him off of her the second he threw the first punch.

Maybe they did after a few seconds. Who knows...maybe he would have beat her even worse if no one pulled him off. Or after a couple punches and kicks he realized what he did and stopped by himself.

Only people that really knows are the ones that were present.

That's not odd. What's odd is that we haven't seen any video footage of the fight.

That's what bystanders do these days. They don't rush to help, or stop a fight. No, there's no room for the decent thing anymore. They film it.

WORLDSTAR BABY

Advertisement
It kinda sounds like they may have viewed some surveillance tapes as I'm assuming that even Lubbock has joined the rest of us in 2014 and put cameras everywhere.

I made a joke of a fake tweet yesterday about Marshall but there are quotes in the Herald by Ice about schools already reaching out. A) Ice should shut up about this other than a generic statement condemning violence and B) the NCAA shouldn't allow a transfer if you have a pending felony case. But back to Ice- he needs to realize he's in a different position now. Shut your mouth and if you want to be loyal or talk to the kid then do it quietly and privately. We don't need any public connection to this kid.

I think if you are under indictment you are not allowed to leave the state, so that would make a transfer difficult.

Advertisement
From a TTU blog, this is allegedly somebody's account of the incident.

Texas Tech Pharmacy School student Eugenio Hernandez was watching the pickup basketball game when the incident went down. He says the punch Battle took to the face was absolutely intentional.

"They were playing, and all of a sudden, one guy was guarding her, they go for a rebound," he explains. "Well, when they came back down, [Battle] got upset, I guess because [Bethel} pushed her, and she kind of pushed him back."

Hernandez watched as the two players continued to get heated.

"Then all of a sudden, I see him get back up," he continues. "And he just straight up punches her with his fist closed. In the face."

Hernandez says that after Battle was hit, another male player in the game attempted to go after Bethel, but others held him back. He also says that watching Battle get hit angered him, even as simply a spectator.

"I almost felt the reaction of going up to him, running up to him and punching him," Hernandez says. "What kind of guy does that, you know? You never punch a girl, you never touch a girl. That's not a real man, you know?"

1.jpeg

Looks like she should be able to take a punch

Low blow, Vanquish. Funny, but not appropriate.
My question is, how many times did he hit her? From the witness, it sounds like 1 punch. From the report we got from the school/cops is that she was hit multiple times. I have a few questions. What the **** were the other guys doing? watching? recording to put it on youtube? On top of that, why the fucc were the other guys holding back the ONE dude that was trying to defend the girl?

Advertisement
From a TTU blog, this is allegedly somebody's account of the incident.

Texas Tech Pharmacy School student Eugenio Hernandez was watching the pickup basketball game when the incident went down. He says the punch Battle took to the face was absolutely intentional.

"They were playing, and all of a sudden, one guy was guarding her, they go for a rebound," he explains. "Well, when they came back down, [Battle] got upset, I guess because [Bethel} pushed her, and she kind of pushed him back."

Hernandez watched as the two players continued to get heated.

"Then all of a sudden, I see him get back up," he continues. "And he just straight up punches her with his fist closed. In the face."

Hernandez says that after Battle was hit, another male player in the game attempted to go after Bethel, but others held him back. He also says that watching Battle get hit angered him, even as simply a spectator.

"I almost felt the reaction of going up to him, running up to him and punching him," Hernandez says. "What kind of guy does that, you know? You never punch a girl, you never touch a girl. That's not a real man, you know?"

Well, presumably this will end those defending the indefensible.

No way do I condone putting hands on a female, unless she is throwing non stop haymakers at you. Even then, I.would say try and grab her first and put her in some kind of hold.

If im his parents/guardians, I would see about getting Bethel some kind of anger management. Think about it for a second. You are a prized recruit. Do you want the first impression on a school to be you knocking out a female? I think that once they started arguing, Betel got mad and let his anger get the best of him without thinking. She was probably getting the best of him during the argument in front of everyone and thus hurting his lil feelings.

As someone who has made a life changing dumb decision while in college, im just not so quick to talk down on the kid. Stupid, and irrational, yes. But just a straight up horrible person, I would not be so quick to say.

Last edited:
The strange thing is, Nigel will probably can't nailed bad for this, but RAPE was a capital offense carrying the death penalty in many states--including FL. The Tally Rapist didn't even have to show up for questioning!!!!! How did rape become less than a parking ticket while battery is suddenly some sort of treason? Let's see, if Nigel had become a criminole he could have gone back a raped the poor girl and got off free.(See, he is too poor to afford drugs so he had to use other MO). Kid needs to be punished but Rapist should be in prison much longer.

Advertisement
The strange thing is, Nigel will probably can't nailed bad for this, but RAPE was a capital offense carrying the death penalty in many states--including FL. The Tally Rapist didn't even have to show up for questioning!!!!! How did rape become less than a parking ticket while battery is suddenly some sort of treason? Let's see, if Nigel had become a criminole he could have gone back a raped the poor girl and got off free.(See, he is too poor to afford drugs so he had to use other MO). Kid needs to be punished but Rapist should be in prison much longer.

How is this the same thing? The rape case has no witnesses coming forward. This case has tons of witnesses that saw him punch her.

the penitentiary is packed with chumps like Bethel who can't keep their hands to their motha lovin self....book'em Dano!

Advertisement
Back