Nigel Bethel To Be Formally Charged

really dodged a bullet with him not signing here. good riddance to him. good luck at some junior college in hicksville

Advertisement
It kinda sounds like they may have viewed some surveillance tapes as I'm assuming that even Lubbock has joined the rest of us in 2014 and put cameras everywhere.

I made a joke of a fake tweet yesterday about Marshall but there are quotes in the Herald by Ice about schools already reaching out. A) Ice should shut up about this other than a generic statement condemning violence and B) the NCAA shouldn't allow a transfer if you have a pending felony case. But back to Ice- he needs to realize he's in a different position now. Shut your mouth and if you want to be loyal or talk to the kid then do it quietly and privately. We don't need any public connection to this kid.

Coach Ice will protect his players, no matter what. He's a father figure to alot of kids at Booker T. The man speaks from the heart, he's is as real as it gets. The Herald bugs him about this story and calls him all day to get his statement.

If you coached a player on your team, and a incident happened, and the media drags the players name in the mud, will you protect a 18 year old boy that's like a son to you? He's no "Politically Correct" type person. It's just something he's not.

527.jpg

It kinda sounds like they may have viewed some surveillance tapes as I'm assuming that even Lubbock has joined the rest of us in 2014 and put cameras everywhere.

I made a joke of a fake tweet yesterday about Marshall but there are quotes in the Herald by Ice about schools already reaching out. A) Ice should shut up about this other than a generic statement condemning violence and B) the NCAA shouldn't allow a transfer if you have a pending felony case. But back to Ice- he needs to realize he's in a different position now. Shut your mouth and if you want to be loyal or talk to the kid then do it quietly and privately. We don't need any public connection to this kid.

Coach Ice will protect his players, no matter what. He's a father figure to alot of kids at Booker T. The man speaks from the heart, he's is as real as it gets. The Herald bugs him about this story and calls him all day to get his statement.

If you coached a player on your team, and a incident happened, and the media drags the players name in the mud, will you protect a 18 year old boy that's like a son to you? He's no "Politically Correct" type person. It's just something he's not.

I get that and respect his loyalty and he did say he was blown away (or something to that effect) by the story/accusations. I'm just saying that him throwing out that other schools have already reached out about Bethel in an apparent effort to make things look hopeful comes of as inappropriate and amateurish as a member of our staff. Not a huge deal but he needs to be more media/pr savy as he could have had it both ways. Like I said, be that father figure in private and gaff off the Herald in public with a generic statement. The later isn't turning your back on one of your former players.

527.jpg

Some serious **** in this thread and you post this? how old are you? 2?

Advertisement
The quotes in the herald were by Tim Harris jr. Current coach at booker T. Ice sr wasn't the one giving the quote.

The quotes in the herald were by Tim Harris jr. Current coach at booker T. Ice sr wasn't the one giving the quote.
They are clueless man. The person in that interview was tim ice harris jr.... But that's none of my business lol. I can't believe he would actually do something like that. Such a disgrace... This is shocking news

Last edited:
Advertisement

Thanks for catching that. My bad. Just read the entire piece. Scratch everything I said about Ice Sr. I should have read the entire thing instead of just the quotes that were forwarded and inaccurately attributed. I still kinda think it's dumb to already be talking about Bethel having options to land elsewhere but Ice Jr's public statements aren't of my concern.

Thanks for catching that. My bad. Just read the entire piece. Scratch everything I said about Ice Sr. I should have read the entire thing instead of just the quotes that were forwarded and inaccurately attributed. I still kinda think it's dumb to already be talking about Bethel having options to land elsewhere but Ice Jr's public statements aren't of my concern.

Bethel should have stayed with his home boys at the U and they would have checked him....

This also begs to question- will Dade high schools ban Texas Tech now for snitchin'? Where's Luke at to weigh in?

Advertisement

527.jpg

gif of the year props

Advertisement

527.jpg

gif of the year props

I thought it was adults on this board, I thought wrong. Do me a favor and find a Life.

People always want to highjack threads and act like clowns to get "cool points".

Bring something to the table or GTFO

Nigel Patten would have never pulled a stunt like this. He is quiet and humble. Nigel Bethel on the other hand...that kid is a loose cannon.

527.jpg

gif of the year props

I thought it was adults on this board, I thought wrong. Do me a favor and find a Life.

People always want to highjack threads and act like clowns to get "cool points".

Bring something to the table or GTFO

lighten up man.....its a football forum

I Guarentee as ESPiN covers this story,,they will refer to Bethel as the "Former Miami verbal commit"!!

Advertisement
Back