Official NCAA Tourney Thread

Advertisement
I can’t put into words how badly I wanted GCU to pull that off. Goddammit
GCU had NBA (or at least G League) quality athletes (look the part, long, and can run and jump) who had very little in the way of true basketball skills, i.e., shooting and passing, to name two.

Bunch of bricklayers at the FT line and from beyond the 3 pt arc (2 for 20).

GCU had NBA (or at least G League) quality athletes (look the part, long, and can run and jump) who had very little in the way of true basketball skills, i.e., shooting and passing, to name two.

Bunch of bricklayers at the FT line and from beyond the 3 pt arc (2 for 20).
To be fair, GCU shot 75% for the season. They shot 77% against St Mary's.

Not a great 3 shooting team but still 34% for the season. They were 28% against St Mary's.

They did not play well. Physical game.

You see FAU's bull**** resume?

Teams are all trash. Meanwhile the Big East is 6-0. Gonna have at least two in the Elite Eight.

Total joke.

I think honestly FAU was a tough one. OOC Wins vs Arizona, TAMU, VT, and Butler is not a bad resume. Their record in Q1&2 was tournament worthy.

They had some bad losses that would have kept them out if they weren’t a story (or if they were an ACC or Big East team)… but they weren't totally undeserving of a bid imho.

Advertisement
I think honestly FAU was a tough one. OOC Wins vs Arizona, TAMU, VT, and Butler is not a bad resume. Their record in Q1&2 was tournament worthy.

They had some bad losses that would have kept them out if they weren’t a story (or if they were an ACC or Big East team)… but they weren't totally undeserving of a bid imho.

Metrics didn't apply to FAU. It's like the NCAA decided that they'd be in regardless. Witnessed it throughout the bubble fiasco.

Wasn't a surprise to see them get slapped game one. Rightfully so.

Advertisement
Brutal swing for Clemson with the missed call leading to a transition basket, momentum swinger

Advertisement
Advertisement
Caleb Love is the absolute worst kind player to have in college basketball. Can drop 40 with ease, but will absolutely shoot you out of a game eventually.

In a sport where the postseason is single elimination, that's a recipe for disaster.

Advertisement
Back