Official NCAA Tourney Thread

Advertisement
**** of a game between Oregon and Creighton tonight, Oregon just ran out of steam.

Two games in the tournament and they scored 160 points as a team. Cousinard and Dante combined for 123 of them.

**** of a game between Oregon and Creighton tonight, Oregon just ran out of steam.

Two games in the tournament and they scored 160 points as a team. Cousinard and Dante combined for 123 of them.

Big East is undefeated.

NCAA absolutely ****ed the conference over with only three bids.

Meanwhile, the MWC and SEC have **** the bed, like I said they would.

Deep down, the committee is polluted with a bunch of agenda-driven pussies that don't want the Catholic / private schools to win.

Big East is undefeated.

Deep down, the committee is polluted with a bunch of agenda-driven pussies that don't want the Catholic / private schools to win.

And ACC is 6-1… though I agree Big East got screwed harder.

Football revenue buys slots in March too. Also efficiency rankings (as currently used) are too susceptible to being gamed and should only be an ancillary selection criteria.

Sec and Big 12 overrated again.

Football revenue buys slots in March too. Also efficiency rankings (as currently used) are too susceptible to being gamed and should only be an ancillary selection criteria.

Agreed. Feel like the lean in to advanced metrics has gone too far, and some of the main ones have been weirdly low on the ACC for several years now. The quad system is also, in my opinion, the worst thing to happen to the sport and has removed so much nuance. The idea that there are only 4 levels of games is absurd, and to act like beating UConn on your home floor gets dropped in the same bucket as beating Memphis on the road is completely insane.

Wake and Pitt both should have been tournament teams imo. But Virginia probably shouldn’t have been

Advertisement
Good for NC State.

I hate this stupid conference, but once again the ACC has a middling regular season team do something special in March.
And today you’ll see Clemson win and of course Clemson doesn’t want to be in the ACC.

How awesome would it be for Clemson to cut down the nets and the AD go oh by the way here’s $100M to leave your $hitty league, mic drop.

Big East is undefeated.

St. John’s was playing excellent bball towards the ends of the season. But they had early non-conference losses to BC and Mich which killed them.

Clearly a team that improved as the year went on under pitino. Not much to account for that kind of thing in the selection committee.

(I’d say we were underseeded the last 2 years for similar reasons, overly punished for early season losses before the transfers start gelling)

On what planet should a Mississippi State team, 8-10 in SEC play and losers of 5 of their last 7 make the tournament? Even A&M finished 9-9 in conference play and finished 5-5 over its last 10 with only 1 marque win over Kentucky in their tournament had no business making the tournament.

Advertisement
St. John’s was playing excellent bball towards the ends of the season. But they had early non-conference losses to BC and Mich which killed them.

Clearly a team that improved as the year went on under pitino. Not much to account for that kind of thing in the selection committee.

(I’d say we were underseeded the last 2 years for similar reasons, overly punished for early season losses before the transfers start gelling)

Johnnies finished with a 32 NET, and were a BE semifinalist.

Do you know the last time a team with those credentials got snubbed?

I do.

Never

Meanwhile, the MWC and SEC are ****ting the bed because they play in very overrated conferences.

On what planet should a Mississippi State team, 8-10 in SEC play and losers of 5 of their last 7 make the tournament? Even A&M finished 9-9 in conference play and finished 5-5 over its last 10 with only 1 marque win over Kentucky in their tournament had no business making the tournament.
And those were 8 and 9 seeds to boot. They weren’t even on the bubble

Every Purdue possession that doesn’t get a post touch makes me want to pull my hair out, I can’t imagine how ****ed I’d be if I were a fan.

Advertisement
Johnnies finished with a 32 NET, and were a BE semifinalist.

Do you know the last time a team with those credentials got snubbed?

I do.

Never

Meanwhile, the MWC and SEC are ****ting the bed because they play in very overrated conferences.
Mississippi State and A&M got bids over St John's and Seton Hall. Disgraceful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back