Official NCAA Tourney Thread

Advertisement
Women don’t make it in.
They got JOBBED. Get it right. There's no way the strongest conference in Women's CBB doesn't get 9 teams in, and Miami had significantly better resumes than a lot of the legacy selections that did get in. It's almost like even when Miami is in theory SAFELY in, the committee will find a way to hose us. Keep in mind that Miami has been historically underseeded, with both men's and women's teams affected. The 2012 Tournament will always come to mind in regards to us getting screwed. How do we get sent to a region as a 3 seed, we don't get to host and the 11 seed Gonzaga team hosts? Yep, that happened. Miami as a 3 seed had to play a second round tournament game in a road environment. I doubt it's happened before or since.

They got JOBBED. Get it right. There's no way the strongest conference in Women's CBB doesn't get 9 teams in, and Miami had significantly better resumes than a lot of the legacy selections that did get in. It's almost like even when Miami is in theory SAFELY in, the committee will find a way to hose us. Keep in mind that Miami has been historically underseeded, with both men's and women's teams affected. The 2012 Tournament will always come to mind in regards to us getting screwed. How do we get sent to a region as a 3 seed, we don't get to host and the 11 seed Gonzaga team hosts? Yep, that happened. Miami as a 3 seed had to play a second round tournament game in a road environment. I doubt it's happened before or since.
D1 WBB Committee Chair said this:

It came down to Miami's losses and how it looked in those losses. Said there were "flashes of brilliance" but also tough struggles. She also said the Hurricanes were No. 12 of 15 SOS in the ACC.

Apparently they had a reaction cam set up and everything only to not get in. Beyond tough.

D1 WBB Committee Chair said this:

It came down to Miami's losses and how it looked in those losses. Said there were "flashes of brilliance" but also tough struggles. She also said the Hurricanes were No. 12 of 15 SOS in the ACC.

Apparently they had a reaction cam set up and everything only to not get in. Beyond tough.
Complete and utter nonsense from the chair. They had no problem letting Columbia in, despite getting rolled in their tournament conference final. They had no problem letting Tennessee and Maryland in, just because of who they are. There's no justification for Miami, a team that was SAFELY in in EVERY SINGLE BRACKET released the last two days, not getting in. I could make a case if we were truly on the bubble, but we weren't. The committee just felt like sticking it to Miami, and I wouldn't be shocked if they said "Well, we have to let the legacy programs in, who can we ***** over with minimal blowback? Miami works".

Advertisement
Complete and utter nonsense from the chair. They had no problem letting Columbia in, despite getting rolled in their tournament conference final. They had no problem letting Tennessee and Maryland in, just because of who they are. There's no justification for Miami, a team that was SAFELY in in EVERY SINGLE BRACKET released the last two days, not getting in. I could make a case if we were truly on the bubble, but we weren't. The committee just felt like sticking it to Miami, and I wouldn't be shocked if they said "Well, we have to let the legacy programs in, who can we ***** over with minimal blowback? Miami works".
Agree. I watched the selection show and started getting worried toward the end. Never thought a team that was predicted to be a 10-seed was going to be snubbed.

All I will say is that the NET ratings are a pile of **** metric that mean absolutely nothing to the selection committee.

Mountain West got six teams in, while the BE only got three.

Those scum on the selection committee excluded some amazing teams to push their expansion agenda. Hopefully they all burn in ****.

/endrant

Advertisement
Do the women go to the NIT or they don't give a **** about it? Didn't see them in that field either.

1711031783859.png

Advertisement
He's a **** good Coach.
He's a very good MIDMAJOR coach. He's won at his midmajor stops, but was nothing special at Alabama. Some guys are at their best working at a specific type of program. If L was to retire tomorrow, he'd be in that second/third wave of candidates I'd consider. That said, he's one of the names fans love to throw around, mostly because he was raised in Miami.

I was shocked that he has only been to the NCAA Tournament 5 times in sixteen years and that's with me giving him a bid in the COVID year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back