Coaching Monday Media: Mario Cristobal, Josh Gattis & Kevin Steele

Advertisement
Josh Gattis could have portaled up some WRs this off season. Maybe that would have brought the desire to win? No? Oh well. At least he got out recruited at Gulliver Prep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The way Steele responds to questions at least demonstrates some degree of humility and accountability.
But Gattis... how is this man in any position to talk about rallying the troops and dealing with adversity when his method of dealing adversity has been to blame it all on the troops?
It's because that it what corches who are in way over their heads do. Steele gets it. He knows he sucked. Gattis thinks its all the players fault and not his. He has no clue and he has to know he will be looking for a job soon. I think Steele will get some time. He is at least answering questions like he will.

Advertisement
the stark difference in coaches responses is wild.

If Mario bets on Gattis and next year offense is looking the same( which I think would happen) he’s more a idiot than I already think

Advertisement
I would fire Gattis for his press conference alone. As a leader of a large corporation; I understand I need to protect employees. I understand Mario's want/need to defend him. But Gattis has to have a little self reflection, ownership, and humility. It's so obvious by his comments that he is the cancer creating the offensive issues. Regardless if his offensive play calling ability is crap. He is the reason his offense doesn't care. I'd respond by firing him publicly this week.

"Gattis says they need more players who care about the team winning than their own stats."

lol.. that checks out. There are no stats to be had in his offense. No TDs. No yards. Nothing.

But yeah if they'd quit being greedy and just stop caring about those nonexistent stats.. problem solved.
Lol Gattis is leading by example with that. He cares more about taking credit for good and deflecting blame for the bad and the players are following in his lead.

They don’t respect him clearly. If he treated them with more respect and tried to help them shine some maybe they’d be more inclined to believe in his boring offense and put some more heart in it.

It isn’t easy as a player going out and trying to do something that hasn’t worked over and over again and hearing the coach say you just don’t want it bad enough. Especially when you’ve experienced success doing it another way before. I played on a team like that and it sucks the fun out of the game

Gattis is a certified bum. He may be better with X’s and O’s than I give him credit for because his biggest failure this year is leading and inspiring the guys and listening to them when they communicate what works and what doesn’t.

Even guys who are dogs will lose morale in a game when their coach continues to do sht that hasnt worked ever in a game against college athletes and BARELY works against the scout team/first two games of the year

Lol Gattis is leading by example with that. He cares more about taking credit for good and deflecting blame for the bad and the players are following in his lead.

They don’t respect him clearly. If he treated them with more respect and tried to help them shine some maybe they’d be more inclined to believe in his boring offense and put some more heart in it.

It isn’t easy as a player going out and trying to do something that hasn’t worked over and over again and hearing the coach say you just don’t want it bad enough. Especially when you’ve experienced success doing it another way before. I played on a team like that and it sucks the fun out of the game

Gattis is a certified bum. He may be better with X’s and O’s than I give him credit for because his biggest failure this year is leading and inspiring the guys and listening to them when they communicate what works and what doesn’t.

Even guys who are dogs will lose morale in a game when their coach continues to do sht that hasnt worked ever in a game against college athletes and BARELY works against the scout team/first two games of the year
if he were better at Xs and Os Michigan wouldn't have let him walk and removed duties from his job description.

Advertisement
Back