Michael Jackson-Kerr DB from Alabama committed-unconfirmed

If this kid was the goods then these SEC schools would be all over him. This just reeks of desperation. You don't leave SoFla for CBs unless they are ultra talented.

Advertisement
This has to be a **** joke. Hoggins is absolutely dominating and deserves an offer..... And we get this kid. **** you ***

sticking to strictly "miami" kids is lazy and poor management of recruiting. just saying.

Not gonna knock the kid, but these types of players come a dime a dozen in South Florida. You could throw a dart and hit a guy like this at Northwestern, BTW, STA, Central, Carol City, Homestead, Glades Central, Miramar, Norland,...

The cloud has been lifted!

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

Advertisement
I'm clinging to hope that this is a Trevill Holcy situation.

i was hoping the same thing, but I see that the kid was offered when he came down here and camped, so you'd think that it was an offer he got at camp, that it's a commitable offer. I hope I'm wrong though. He's not a bad player per se, but from what I see on his tape, there's a myriad of kids down here in SFl that look just as good, if not better, and dont have offers. I just dont get it

sticking to strictly "miami" kids is lazy and poor management of recruiting. just saying.

It's so stupid and short sighted, most of these same people were talking this garbage about Courtel Jenkins too.

Now he's out best defensive tackle as a true freshman.

They NEEDED a boundary corner in the class. The other candidates for that position aren't making decisions until January/February (The Davis's, Marcus Lewis, etc.)

Gunter is a Senior
Burns could be gone next year

Which leaves you with Ryan Mayes as your only boundary corner on the roster. This kid isn't some scrub off the scrap heap. On first glance, he looks to have solid tools.

This thread is simply an exercise in frustration and stupidity.

Advertisement
The idea that we have to go into SEC country and take a corner that no SEC teams have offered should tell you all you need to know.

Year 4 and we are going to whiff on all the big time CBs in our backyard. The myth that Golden is a great recruiter proves false more and more each day. Ryan Mayes, this kid, and whoever else we can find off the scrap heap as our 2 year haul at CB. ****.

Advertisement
Always be weary of an SEC area kid without an SEC offer...

Lmao at him playing 15 yards off the ball in the video. It all makes sense now. Another JAG added to Golden's ode to Shannon's 2011 class.

Last edited:
Great size. He'll be great. Plays for Hoover's Spain Park (Hoover High School's main rival). Probably recruited after seeing our CBs mostly get creamed on the edge by GA Tech, Nebraska, and Louisville.

I have no idea how to watch a DB's tape:

He is tall
he makes some plays
he might be flying around

can someone tell me if that is impressive or what?

Advertisement
I have no idea how to watch a DB's tape:

He is tall
he makes some plays
he might be flying around

can someone tell me if that is impressive or what?

For DB's you're looking at 4 things:

Length
Hips
Ball Skills
Physicality

1) Check - He's 6'2
2) Incomplete - There's a couple of times you see him flip his hips and it's fluid. Not a struggle for him like most other big corners but would like to see more.
3) Check - High points the football and made a terrific over the shoulder grab for a pick
4) Check - Comes up in run support and isn't afraid to tackle. Doesn't hurt that he's probably 190+ either.

Advertisement
Back