Coaching Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose, Monday 10/10

He didnt say that about Tyrique at all. He said "obviously Tyrique needs to get his hands on the reciever and reroute him". Thats my biggest complaint about both Ivey (MTSU) and Tyrique at least twice this season getting burnt. They dont put their hands on the recievers before passing them off into the next zone. Cant let wr go full speed into the safeties zone. Will get Kam and Williams burnt alot. Plus watch that play again, James Williams takes the rb in the flat, no reason for Tyrique to avoid contact with wr and leave him so fast.

And i will add that yes i recognize Kam f**** up. Mario said that too. But Tyrique knew where he was supposed to end up on the play and forgot all the technique he was supposed to use getting there fast. It happens but when 2 guys both make mistakes on same play thats when big plays happen. If he bumps wr, Mayes throw is off or Kam might have a chance to recover and make the tackle because wr isnt already in a full sprint. Its on both dbs.
I get what you're saying but is TS supposed to jam the receiver 30 yards inside? Kam was nowhere near the receiver

Advertisement
Do the same for RedZone and scoring

If they can just figure that out who knows what's possible.

Btw, Ohio State this year has a 100% redzone conversion score with 93% of those visits ending in TD's. That's not just the best this year, those numbers are historically ridiculous.

Advertisement
The way they catch, the WRs will be blue in the face pretty quickly off the JUGS machine….

But I get the point he was making

I’m really getting tired of the “not enough talent” line. Everything else was good to hear from coach.
Is he entirely wrong? Agree we shouldve Won that game but this is the same ol we had last year minus out best tackle, we have talent but we also have holes all over the roster.

Advertisement
He actually addressed some of the biggest issues and didn’t just push coach speak. Hope we can regroup and get to .500 this week
Yes, he definitely doesn't default to coach speak. For a guy who isn't "X's and O's," he breaks down miscues better in the media than any of the last three in Right, Diaz, or Golden.

We're going to have a ton of transfers out and in next year IMO. I'm here for it.

I'm really sick and tired of hearing about receivers not working on the Jugs machine or with the qb's consistently after practice

Advertisement
Is he entirely wrong? Agree we shouldve Won that game but this is the same ol we had last year minus out best tackle, we have talent but we also have holes all over the roster.
There are coaches scattered throughout this country that would take this roster and win more games than Mario cristobal in year one. Mario brought in a dozen portal additions. Maybe we needed a dozen more. If we were in the sec west I could accept the talent argument. It’s embarrassing to pump this narrative when you look at our schedule this year

"Joe, Joe..... guys were out there freelancing not playing assigned football." Big Al.

Now do scoring

RED ZONE OFFENSE
  • Canes are #73 tied with Duke
  • Ole Miss #51 and Bama #53 and Turds #70
Last updated October 9, 2022 - Through games October 8, 2022

RANKTEAMGRZATTRZ RUSH TDRZ PASS TDRZ FG MADERZSCORESPCT
-

ole-miss.svg
Ole Miss
-
alabama.svg
Alabama
-
-
texas.svg
Texas
-
wisconsin.svg
Wisconsin
oklahoma.svg
Oklahoma
baylor.svg
Baylor
east-carolina.svg
East Carolina
-
louisville.svg
Louisville
-
-
appalachian-st.svg
App State
-
auburn.svg
Auburn
-
nebraska.svg
Nebraska
-
smu.svg
SMU
-
texas-tech.svg
Texas Tech
-
ucla.svg
UCLA
florida.svg
Florida
-
texas-am.svg
Texas A&M
duke.svg
Duke
-
miami-fl.svg
Miami (FL)
-
south-carolina.svg
South Carolina

Advertisement
red zone offense is a head scratcher. Something needs to to change up there
They need to spread 5 out and do hitches right at the goal line or just heave it up to Skinner/Young. They're making it harder than it needs to be imo.

red zone offense is a head scratcher. Something needs to to change up there

IMO, this is the most fair coaching gripe w/ the offense. The play-calling in the RZ has been uninspired, overly simplistic (and sometimes slow developing in a baffling sort of way), and stubbornly run-centric. I understand wanting to play physical and imposing your will on a defense, but our OL just isn't built for it. That should be even more obvious after seeing the two OL most of us have viewed as the worst of the starters (Justice and Jakai) go down and seeing their replacements play just as bad if not worse (Denis didn't look 100%, though).

They need to spread 5 out and do hitches right at the goal line or just heave it up to Skinner/Young. They're making it harder than it needs to be imo.

Young looked pretty good out there, a big body that can get separation. I also like Skinner out there even though he is a freshman and that seems to spook some people. But I could see some red zone packages with him flexed out as a receiver.

Advertisement
Back