Coaching Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose, Monday 10/10

Advertisement
I see teams every week playing well with a lot less talent. I am so sick of this excuse from coaches. I see teams lining up right, knowing assignments and executing at a high level that are way down the recruiting lists compared to Miami. I understand rankings are not everything but at some point, it is on coaches to get the most out of their players.

I can appreciate the fact they said the offense was not working and changed up some things. Why are you coming into Miami and trying to pound the rock anyway? You know you don't have the horses so until you get them air it out.

He simply said we dont have enough talent to make mistakes and still win big. He isn't wrong.

No your wrong and the coaches are wrong and the NFL scouts are wrong. Everyone is wrong... cept this board.

The way you tell how good someone is by their stars coming out of high school. Nothing else matters.

For example James Williams is the highest star rated safety in the ACC right now and is obviously one of its best players.

Last edited:
Gattis about to win his second Broyles

TAKE THAT HATERS

Cracking Up Lol GIF

No your wrong and the coaches are wrong and the NFL scouts are wrong. Everyone is wrong... cept this board.

They way you tell how good someone is by their stars coming out of high school. Nothing else matters.

For example James Williams is the highest star rated safety in the ACC right now and is obviously one of its best players.
question, if JW wasn't a diehard cane and went to UGA, you think hes better or at least playing in the right spot?

Advertisement
Highlights:

"At our current talent level we’re going to be in a lot of close games that come down to the wire, to the fourth quarter. So ball security, re-pointing a Mike when he walks outside, maintaining leverage on a pass rush so a guy doesn’t escape and he moves the chains and they exchange a drive, those things have to show up consistently when we practice for them to show up consistently in the games in the most critical moments. Because these games are going to come down to 3, 4, 5, 8 plays. So they have to show up better in practice to show up better in the game. And we’re working on it.”

This line right here made me want to pull my pendeckers out from the roots.

He’s trying to set the narrative that this roster is full of C-USA players and that is not the case.

You don’t get out played and out schemed by MTSU, and lose a winnable game VS an overrated TAMU team and then say the talent sucks.

YOU SUCK!

SOME OF YOUR HIRES SUCK!

Alot of posters owe TS an apology. I said in another thread that after looking at film breakdowns people will realize these safeties are hanging him out to dry. And TS has caught alot of flack on here.

Glad that Mario made a point to say that TVD played lights out because he absolutely did. To pass for almost 500 yards in this BS offense is something im looking at if im an NFL scout. Did any Michigan QB pass for even 300 yards in this offense last year at all?

Im glad that Mario is admitting that we dont have enough natural talent across the board to lolly gag around as much as we do. We come out flat and we play like we have this "We are going to somehow win this anyway because well..we are the U!" attitude. I felt that at the MTSU game. That the players just knew we were going to win at some point so they were just waiting for the W to just fall in their lap. Not sure why either! Smh. Thats on the coaches IMO. These kids need some internal humbling of some sort.
If MTSU didn't provide that, I don't know what to say.

Advertisement
This line right here made me want to pull my pendeckers out from the roots.

He’s trying to set the narrative that this roster is full of C-USA players and that is not the case.

You don’t get out played and out schemed by MTSU, and lose a winnable game VS an overrated TAMU team and then say the talent sucks.

YOU SUCK!

SOME OF YOUR HIRES SUCK!
So what you're saying is that we should win on talent alone. What's overlooked is that mental mistake are the big equalizer. And there were numerous both offensive and defensively, players and coaches, the last few games.

Also, don't underestimate the lingering effect of bad coaching and training habits. You could be more talented but if poorly coached, you won't perform close to your capabilities. Particularly with upper classman that have been trained poorly, it can take a couple of cycles (years) to wash away it's negative effects.

So what you're saying is that we should win on talent alone. What's overlooked is that mental mistake are the big equalizer. And there were numerous both offensive and defensively, players and coaches, the last few games.

Also, don't underestimate the lingering effect of bad coaching and training habits. You could be more talented but if poorly coached, you won't perform close to your capabilities. Particularly with upper classman that have been trained poorly, it can take a couple of cycles (years) to wash away it's negative effects.

We should’ve beat MTSU on talent alone, absolutely. TAMU is more physically talented, but if you could believe it they’re coached worse than Miami is.

Mental breakdowns, especially repeated ones, fall on coaching. You either stop calling it, fix it with the player, or you put someone who can execute.

There are way too many guys still making the same mistakes they’ve been making all year (in some cases, whole careers) who should not be out on the field or on the team.

Coach decides that.

Advertisement
Just gonna light this bomb and walk away...

Miami is currently 16th in passing offense and 22nd in total offense.
This is the equivalent is Pujols’ first year with the Angels. Everyone thought there was something wrong with him bc his power numbers dipped. When in reality if he had hit those same warning track fly outs in STL, they would’ve been home runs and he would’ve been a 35+ HR guy again. He was still the same guy, he just didn’t have the juice to hit in a bigger park with a marine layer. Gattis doesn’t have the juice to get it done in the red zone without that Michigan O line and backfield.

Nothing matters but points and wins.

Last edited:
We should’ve beat MTSU on talent alone, absolutely. TAMU is more physically talented, but if you could believe it they’re coached worse than Miami is.

Mental breakdowns, especially repeated ones, fall on coaching.
Not necessarily. JJ once said he recruited for speed and intelligence because those were the two qualities you can't coach up. Everyone remembers the speed part of the quote, but they forget the intelligence part. I stated that once and got called out for it.

Well, this is where it shows up, repeated mental mistakes. Smart (high football IQ) teams don't do that. And yes, if egregious enough, it can lower a talented team down to a MTSU level. As bad as MTSU is coached, they didn't make the mental mistakes. That alone should be convince anyone whose mind isn't already made up.

You either stop calling it, fix it with the player, or you put someone who can execute.

There are way too many guys still making the same mistakes they’ve been making all year (in some cases, whole careers) who should not be out on the field or on the team.

Coach decides that.

question, if JW wasn't a diehard cane and went to UGA, you think hes better or at least playing in the right spot?

I have no doubts that until he got more size he wouldn't play any meaningful minutes at Georgia.

If he played with leverage and speed it might be different but he doesn't like to tackle, skips to guys in the open field, thinks chest bumps are the most effective way to tackle and takes horrible angles.

He grades out well in cover skills but it ends there.

If he was hungry and put on 20lbs he would be a diff player. Which is what sitting at Georgia would do for him.

Advertisement
Alot of posters owe TS an apology. I said in another thread that after looking at film breakdowns people will realize these safeties are hanging him out to dry. And TS has caught alot of flack on here.

Glad that Mario made a point to say that TVD played lights out because he absolutely did. To pass for almost 500 yards in this BS offense is something im looking at if im an NFL scout. Did any Michigan QB pass for even 300 yards in this offense last year at all?

Im glad that Mario is admitting that we dont have enough natural talent across the board to lolly gag around as much as we do. We come out flat and we play like we have this "We are going to somehow win this anyway because well..we are the U!" attitude. I felt that at the MTSU game. That the players just knew we were going to win at some point so they were just waiting for the W to just fall in their lap. Not sure why either! Smh. Thats on the coaches IMO. These kids need some internal humbling of some sort.
TS made a mistake on that play by not jamming the Wr. So he isn’t fault free. Honestly for such a big corner he isn’t very physical at the LOS on the receivers and that puts him in bad spots.

Advertisement
Back