Rumor Lane Kiffin to Auburn

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh wow yea Lane trolling big time here lol, one of these two fan bases gonna end up upset and ****ed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s levels to college football programs and Ole **** and Auburn aren’t on the same one. I would put Auburn in that tier just below the elite. You CAN win a national championship there. Is it easy? Of course not but there’s really only about 10-15 schools that can seriously make a run at a title. Auburn is one of them. You can recruit at a top 5 level there and they’re willing to spend a ton of money.

I’d argue that Kiffin has peaked at Mississippi. This is as good as they’ve ever been. Winning 10+ games and keeping it close against Alabama is their ceiling. Lane’s done a great job but how many years in a row is he going to have to raid the transfer portal to stay competitive? You’re not getting the consistent high end recruiting classes there that you can get at Auburn. Without that extreme talent advantage, you’re only going to be so good. At Auburn, Lane would have a chance to go toe to toe with Alabama, Georgia and LSU for recruits. At Ole Miss, he’s just picking through the leftovers after those guys get the best players.

There’s also the built in disadvantage of coaching at any Mississippi school where a ton of the in state kids don’t qualify academically because their schools are so terrible. I know you can chase out of state kids but it’s really tough when you don’t have a local recruiting base to lean on.

Gene is a terrible coach. Guy needed the best college football qb ever to win the natty. Next year they win like 3 games
Add him to the list of average or below average coaches who have won a national title. Including Larry Coker, Ed Orgeron, Les Miles and Jimbob Fisher.

If you’re at one of the higher tier schools, can recruit at a high level and make the right coordinator hires, you can win a championship. It’s the reason I still have hope for Mario Cristobal. He’s not winning anything because of his incredible coaching acumen but…if he can recruit and hire the right assistants, even his terrible game day coaching won’t be able to stop them.

Add him to the list of average or below average coaches who have won a national title. Including Larry Coker, Ed Orgeron, Les Miles and Jimbob Fisher.

If you’re at one of the higher tier schools, can recruit at a high level and make the right coordinator hires, you can win a championship. It’s the reason I still have hope for Mario Cristobal. He’s not winning anything because of his incredible coaching acumen but…if he can recruit and hire the right assistants, even his terrible game day coaching won’t be able to stop them.
Interesting you bring up lsu. I think saban turned that place into the best college job alive. Every one of their coaches have won a title.

Advertisement
Back