Kiy Hester heading home for family reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that his mom gets better. on another note. he should have taken that into consideration already being committed to Rutgers at one point. He knew his mom was sick, that wasnt going to change when he came to Miami. He came here and got beat out as well that didnt help either. well its one more scholly we have that can go to a person this year. we need DB's bad.

Advertisement
Add "mother killer" to the already stellar list of Golden's accomplishments at Miami.

Hope that his mom gets better. on another note. he should have taken that into consideration already being committed to Rutgers at one point. He knew his mom was sick, that wasnt going to change when he came to Miami. He came here and got beat out as well that didnt help either. well its one more scholly we have that can go to a person this year. we need DB's bad.

It's hard for kids that age to live beyond of "in the moment". He gets caught up in recruiting, excited to go to a new school not really knowing how challenging it can be. Then, he's away from home for an extended period of time and it's much harder than he thought. I get it. Not the first time it's happened (remember the DJWilliams saga?). Hope he finds a good solution to this.

Advertisement
no problem with blocking the rutgers transfer. you do not make it easy for kids to break their commitments. maybe he can transfer to monmouth university or hofstra in new york if he wants to help his mom.

even though they approved it i have no problem blocking it. however i understand why it would be bad PR to block it.

I really thought he could have been a stud. A lot played into this. Homesick, his mom is very ill. I wish him the best.

The article claims that there are "new" health issues.

Advertisement
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1443607.html

Kiy Hester chose Miami because of his affinity for the school and the football program, and although that didn’t change in the summer, the health of his mom and the need to be closer did.

So in the middle of August, citing a need to be close to his mother, the freshman safety from northern New Jersey asked for his release to transfer home, his mom, Karla Alexander said.

And here is where it gets tricky and frustrating for Hester and his family.

Miami blocked the transfer to the school closest to Hester’s home, Rutgers, and the one closest enough for him to be able to help the most.

“He was coming back to help out with my aftercare,” Alexander said. “Even before he went away, he did a great deal of it. Between he and my other son (Glenn), taking me back-and-forth to the doctors, running errands because a lot of times I don’t go out. I can’t do heavy lifting.

Sounds like a bullshyt story. Was she sick before he left in August? If so, then what changed? On top of that, how's he going to live at Buttgers, spend all week practicing/playing football, and take care of his mom?

He wanted to quit and wanted to slink out the easiest way possible, so he brings sick family into play.

You know what this does sound like a BS story this sound like storm Johnson a few years ago but ima give the kid the benefit of the dout i wish his mother the best of health and a full recovery...

Prayers for his mother but given the amount of time students athletics supposedly have to spend I would think he should forget football for a year and get his mom healthy.

This kid has retweeted many anti um topics lately i call bull**** he couldnt handle the depth chart simple as that

Advertisement
After seeing the coaching the last two weeks can anyone be surprised he wanted to get the **** out of dodge.

Hope his moms gets better soon.

Wish the kid and his family the best but Marcus Gayot had a great deal to do with this choice.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1443607.html

Kiy Hester chose Miami because of his affinity for the school and the football program, and although that didn’t change in the summer, the health of his mom and the need to be closer did.

So in the middle of August, citing a need to be close to his mother, the freshman safety from northern New Jersey asked for his release to transfer home, his mom, Karla Alexander said.

And here is where it gets tricky and frustrating for Hester and his family.

Miami blocked the transfer to the school closest to Hester’s home, Rutgers, and the one closest enough for him to be able to help the most.

“He was coming back to help out with my aftercare,” Alexander said. “Even before he went away, he did a great deal of it. Between he and my other son (Glenn), taking me back-and-forth to the doctors, running errands because a lot of times I don’t go out. I can’t do heavy lifting.

Sounds like a bullshyt story. Was she sick before he left in August? If so, then what changed? On top of that, how's he going to live at Buttgers, spend all week practicing/playing football, and take care of his mom?

He wanted to quit and wanted to slink out the easiest way possible, so he brings sick family into play.

I totally agree... he will have no time to tend to her... football is a year round sport now... she is not a good person if she wants him to give up and run like that... he didn't start so he quits and she enables him to do so... my mothet would even had told me because she would want me to exceed.

Advertisement
Bunch of easy marks falling for the sick mom in the tailpipe shyst. I remember when Aikeem Jolla needed to transfer to help his sick mom in Louisiana and wound up at New Mexico.

Bunch of easy marks falling for the sick mom in the tailpipe shyst. I remember when Aikeem Jolla needed to transfer to help his sick mom in Louisiana and wound up at New Mexico.

Exactly. Kid was hot sh*t coming into college, got beat out by a run of the mill Miami kid. Bye Felicia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back