Rumor Keontra Is Not in the Portal

Advertisement
Them boys really took a 190 pound DB, fattened him up, put him next to a fat/slow/small LB then moved a LB to DE, had to be the smallest front 7 and they said yea lets go ahead and ball against Bama.. He shoulda bounced when they tried to sell him on that bs.. Good luck to him
hmmm... has anyone ever seen al golden and charlie strong in the same room?

This would be the right move for both parties. Likely should've always been an in the box safety but never developed much.

Advertisement
The LB room, like the Safety room will be revamped.

I’d hate to lose a kid like Keontra Smith, but the vision for the program and the recruiting staff are driving hard to body types is body types recruiting.

5’10; 200lbs LB’s won’t cut it here.

Advertisement
Feels a little like we're rewriting history on Keontra. I did not see him as a bad eval by Manny. While it's true he was a tweener like Gil, I personally thought he could be a good one at the P5 level. Hope he realizes his dream elsewhere.

Exactly! One of our higher ranked commits in that class. Simply doesn’t fit this current system and should’ve never been moved to LB for a coach who couldn’t properly develop him.

Advertisement
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Advertisement
this.

completely sums up the manny diazaster recruiting era.

kids who were good performers in HS, but didn't have upside projection to be really good players for UM.

contrast that with the potential upside of guys Mario and Alonzo have evaluated and targeted like Acheampong, Jackson Carver, Emory Williams, Jayden Wayne, Robby Washington ... the ceilings for guys like that are night and day to the Keontra Smith's and Allen Haye's of the world.

Every UM coach has recruited kids with "upside" that never realized their "upside", Mario's no different. Projecting kids is a crap shoot at best.

Advertisement
Back