Josh Pate on the post spring football landscape

The future model already exists. All over the world multiple levels of “football” exist. The top teams pay the best and compete at the highest levels. Barca, City, PSG fans love it. The lower teams lose stars. But, through it all fans support their teams even it they compete at lower levels…..I still go to Rowdie games….

Advertisement
Explain your first paragraph more.

Ncaa had a rule, 1 free transfer and after that you need to sit. Courts shot that down and said you can transfer infinitely with no restriction.

So what would be different from the new p2 body trying to regulate that? It was the courts that lifted that restriction, not the ncaa saying well **** this do what you want.
To be legal, the players would need to form a union which negotiates a collective bargaining agreement giving the owners the right to restrict movement.

I must have not been paying attention but when did the NCAA drop the one time transfer rule? Didn’t the FSU DT who used his one time transfer to come here in 2022 have to sit out the 2023 season?

Advertisement
I must have not been paying attention but when did the NCAA drop the one time transfer rule? Didn’t the FSU DT who used his one time transfer to come here in 2022 have to sit out the 2023 season?
I think it dropped when the TFP was introduced. Henry Parrish is on transfer #2.

His story about the school knowing guys that won’t be on their roster post spring and who the backfill is already is in regards to a conversation he had with our staff about the running back position.
So...we talking suitable swap for Parrish or an upgrade?

Feels like all our regular sources are hinting at this.

While help is OTW with Fletcher coming off injury, Ajay Allen, and a sensational first year guy in Lyle, we need a dude with plenty of proven production ready for August 31st when we take a trip to the Gainesville Landfill and set their program back five years with a 31-17 victory.

So...we talking suitable swap for Parrish or an upgrade?

Feels like all our regular sources are hinting at this.

While help is OTW with Fletcher coming off injury, Ajay Allen, and a sensational first year guy in Lyle, we need a dude with plenty of proven production ready for August 31st when we take a trip to the Gainesville Landfill and set their program back five years with a 31-17 victory.
Wish Ray Davis had another game of eligibility left.

From December 2023. Federal judge ruling.

Advertisement
I thought it was hard enough to keep track when guys were changing numbers every offseason and we had two guys with the same number.

Advertisement
i'm gonna get ahead of this now: any talented player who leaves our school is a bad culture fit
Crazy how long it takes to change a culture…

And if we’re worrying about players leaving because we want to upgrade the roster, well is the culture fixed? In particular, players recruited by the head man himself?

It’s going to be fun watching the same people that were saying spring portal is depth pieces now swing the pendulum the complete opposite direction and panic about not being able to field a team this year

CIS: portal is not sustainable
CIS: no talent in the portal
CIS: portal players are cheeks

When Mario adapts to the portal and pays millions of monies for Cam Ward:
- CIS: Long live the portal! Long live the portal!
- CIS: pots of gold at the end of all portal cycles just follow the loafer…

But: all our players who enter: cancers, not cultural fits, busts

Advertisement
We've heard this the past few years and usually the spring news doesn't live up to the hype. I understand the differences this time around but I'll hold my breath for now. This sounds like more of the same with the richer getting richer (hopefully that includes UM). Being a college HC must be infuriating - just constantly re-recruiting your own roster, negotiating deals, evaluating the portal, evaluating HS, evaluating your own roster, etc. Sometimes I wonder when they have time to focus on actual football.
Not necessarily a bad thing…

The future model already exists. All over the world multiple levels of “football” exist. The top teams pay the best and compete at the highest levels. Barca, City, PSG fans love it. The lower teams lose stars. But, through it all fans support their teams even it they compete at lower levels…..I still go to Rowdie games….
yeah but when the lower teams lose stars they receive millions of dollars from the buyer.

Advertisement
Back