Josh Pate on the post spring football landscape

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
He spoke at length about what he expects to happen after spring football practices are completed. In his opinion, we haven't seen anything like what he expects to happen....

For reference, Pate has been travelling around the country visiting programs in all conferences...

Advertisement
He spoke at length about what he expects to happen after spring football practices are completed. In his opinion, we haven't seen anything like what he expects to happen....

For reference, Pate has been travelling around the country visiting programs in all conferences...

On which are we going to be? Victims or Victimizers?
It is clear we need first to clear space and then get guys in so we will have to see if we are a better team overall for this year and the next.

I feel like every year every window we hear the same thing. Every year it increases is this really news?

Advertisement
I feel like every year every window we hear the same thing. Every year it increases is this really news?
Actually, it is. This is the first time that multiple transfer rules and NIL unchecked and NCAA lawsuits coexist in the most wild, wild, wild West moment the College football world has seen.

Last edited:
It is different this yr bc NCAA has no limit on players transferring. They can transfer 10 times if they want.

Nothing holding these kids back now (previously it was the thought of having one transfer only so choosing wisely)

On a side note, pate made a cryptic comment about backfilling for Parrish when he hit the portal. Also separately said he expects Miami to make moves in the spring portal.

He was in Miami last week, so probably got news right from the source.

Advertisement
And D$ brought back the Portal forum.
Well, that was just a wise decision reversing a tragic error of a beloved part of canes history on this site

And here’s the wonderful thing for those that think this is not news – we will all find out in the next four weeks or so as we can compare what we see happen overall in the spring portal this year versus last year. It will be pretty obvious they will be no gray area. Someone is right and someone is wrong.

Well, that was just a wise decision reversing a tragic error of a beloved part of canes history on this site

And here’s the wonderful thing for those that think this is not news – we will all find out in the next four weeks or so as we can compare what we see happen overall in the spring portal this year versus last year. It will be pretty obvious they will be no gray area. Someone is right and someone is wrong.
Conveniently in time to capitalize on the seismic shift.

Advertisement
It is different this yr bc NCAA has no limit on players transferring. They can transfer 10 times if they want.

Nothing holding these kids back now (previously it was the thought of having one transfer only so choosing wisely)

On a side note, pate made a cryptic comment about backfilling for Parrish when he hit the portal. Also separately said he expects Miami to make moves in the spring portal.

He was in Miami last week, so probably got news right from the source.
Wasn't that rule supposed to be temporary? I don't remember seeing anything on it recently.

Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement

I think its easy to remember that the legal term you are looking for is "que sera, sera". Just close your eyes for the next month and that old feeling will return, and you will be singing in the rain. @TheOriginalCane anything I missed?

1711387382638.png

Advertisement
Back