Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

You need to go look at all the portal qb’s that came in to compete , it’s a pretty good sized list. Ole Miss brought in two. But please keep making excuses. I mean the bar is low for Tvd so a pretty good to decent qb has us undefeated as Cis tells me lol.

ASU brought in Drew Pyne to challenge Rashada and Bourget
- Bama brought in Buchner to challenge Milroe and Simpson
- Oklahoma St brought in Alec Bowman to challenge Gundy's son and Rangel
- Brohm took Brady Allen from Purdue to challenge Jack Plummer
- Auburn brought in Payton Thorne to challenge Ashford and others
- TCU took Chance Nolan from Oregon St to give Chandler Morris some healthy competition
- Missouri took in Jake Garcia to battle Cook and Horn.
I'm not making excuses. The mistake they made is Miami should have jumped into the portal early and told TVD you are going to have to compete.

We also did not have an OC which was significant.

BTW, there is not a QB on the list that is worth a **** except for Thorne. He isn't very good. Bowman actually was worse than TVD.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He threw 1 int and other than that the O played well enough to win. The other int came on the last play of the game. We got blew out because the d couldn’t stop UNC in the third quarter when they went tempo. Then players came out and said they wasn’t prepared for that. That’s TVD‘s fault too? You want to hand that loss on him even though UNC scored 41 lol. Too funny. Like I said i‘ll shut up because nobody wants to answer any of my questions. It’s all Tvd’s fault even the GT game when the game was over if we kneeled lol. I give up.
You know how I know You didn't read past the first sentence? Cause literally the second sentence I said TVD didn't even play bad against UNC. In fact I said the offense as a whole wasn't bad against GTech or UNC. The difference in those games? Turnovers - and defense against UNC like I said lol. And sure the not kneeling at the end of GTech lol. But if this is a discussion about Dawson and TVD, TVD was definitely more the issue those games, which was what I was trying to say

And trust me you can even check the receipts on the UNC game. I was one of the only ones defending TVD and the offense lol

Last edited:
I'll inject the 2c that Miami took the TE coach off the field and put him in an office job, the new TE coach managed to get not much out of a 30 year old TE, and a pair of blue chip TE's (with a 3rd injured 3x). Maybe the roles should switch back?

So it's either the TE's suck (multiple blue chips), the scheme sucks (debatable), or the TE coach sucks (quite possible) when you have McCormick, Skinner, Williams, and Arroyo and get 17 catches with one TD out of the 4 of em.
Or ... Those blue chips consist of a guy that was injured all but like 1/2 games in Arroyo, true freshman in Riley/Carver, and a twig in Skinner. TE is a position that usually takes development. I don't expect Riley Williams to be a stud as a freshman.

Now I get saying Skinner could have gotten PT over Cam when split out, but has everyone forget what we've seen out of Skinner every time he's touched the field? It hasn't been good lol.

Now also Cam is ******* booty cheeks too. But he at least had some trust out of the staff

The solution was running 10 personnel. Problem is if you need to run 11 with inline TE, Skinner is obviously not an option, arroyo was hurt, and then youre asking a true freshman to block grown as men on the DLine... So obviously Cam is the guy.

Idk this just wasn't complicated to me. We need to hope Cam leaves, and get another portal TE or Two (expecting Arroyo+ Skinner to leave tbh)

When your whole argument is “ buh buh buh Tyler threw a thousand picks “ to defend the staff I pretty much just ignore you now. You refuse to talk about how the O looked the last two games and will avoid scheme related things to instead fellate the coaches. We all know why that is, the player is gone and the coach isn’t going anywhere. It’s a form of copium to put it all on a player. Coaches are beyond reproach until they aren’t. Then it’ll suddenly be all their fault with no blame on the players. When in fact it should always be spresd around equally.

Something else i find funny is people rip Tyler saying he makes one read and can’t throw against zone. Well if that’s the case and so obvious why did our HC bring him back not once but twice? While getting him a huge Nil bag?I mean it’s obvious right? Why did he keep throwing him out there injured knowing all this ? Why didn’t he bring in a backup to at least challenge him like other schools did? Instead riding with a true Fr as a backup. Lastly If he‘s in fact a one read qb that needs a simple offense why bring in two OC’s / schemes that doesn’t cater to his skill set ? Once again Mario went out of his way to hitch his wagon to the guy “who can’t read defenses or zone coverages”. On top of that he struggled last year too. So we can’t act like him having issues was out of the realm of possibility.

I keep asking these questions but I’ve yet to receive a good answer so I’ll just shut Up now. I get it. The coaches are beyond reproach and there’s nothing on their resume‘s that could cause one to dare question them.
Respectfully my belief : Because Van Yikes was too **** selfish even when injured to give up his spot to any of the freshman. Situational awareness Coaches!! If Jacurri would’ve been Qb vs honey bees 🐝? A win. vs NCST = win Louisville or at least tie the ball game with Jacurri from the 3 with a 2nd and goal? We score. It’s obviously a given that Jacurri just shut down and was redshirting for he was looking to enter the portal. I think that Van Yikes is an egocentric Cancer and I’m glad he’s gone. No good Qb in the portal in their right mind would’ve came here with Van Yikes here for possibly two more seasons. Let’s be real. Now it’s truly up for grabs and Jacurri is going to have an opportunity to eat with no pressure on whose #1. I truly hopes he balls out. It’s going to be an interesting bowl game whome ever The Canes face. Again I feel like Van Yikes is like fools gold, Fu-gey-Z. Fock him for threatening to leave for Bama! Fock him for acting like he was going to play and then decided not to and taking away 1st team reps. If you knowingly are hurting the team sit down. Team sports is about team. It’s a band of brothers with one objective and trust is another thing. Now I’ve been really thinking 🤔 this one thing and maybe I’m off my rockers but maybe that DT from Bama beat TVD up during the bye week and just might be why he was jacked up.😂🤣 I’m joking about the last. Goodbye Van Yikes

Advertisement
Or ... Those blue chips consist of a guy that was injured all but like 1/2 games in Arroyo, true freshman in Riley/Carver, and a twig in Skinner. TE is a position that usually takes development. I don't expect Riley Williams to be a stud as a freshman.

Now I get saying Skinner could have gotten PT over Cam when split out, but has everyone forget what we've seen out of Skinner every time he's touched the field? It hasn't been good lol.

Now also Cam is ******* booty cheeks too. But he at least had some trust out of the staff

The solution was running 10 personnel. Problem is if you need to run 11 with inline TE, Skinner is obviously not an option, arroyo was hurt, and then youre asking a true freshman to block grown as men on the DLine... So obviously Cam is the guy.

Idk this just wasn't complicated to me. We need to hope Cam leaves, and get another portal TE or Two (expecting Arroyo+ Skinner to leave tbh)
I bet you could justify **** near anything. I'm impressed.
You've justified FIVE tight ends being bad, all five were acquired by this staff if I'm not mistaken.

A 6-6 240# TE from IMG doesn't need time to develop.

Skinner was on campus, if you can't teach him how to catch, why acquire him?
How could he play last year but not this year?

Where's the development from this staff?
Isn't that why they swapped the TE coaches? To get the recruiter in an office and the coach on the field?

How is the TE position always injured at Miami (and that's over 3 regimes)?

I bet you could justify **** near anything. I'm impressed.
You've justified FIVE tight ends being bad, all five were acquired by this staff if I'm not mistaken.

A 6-6 240# TE from IMG doesn't need time to develop.

Skinner was on campus, if you can't teach him how to catch, why acquire him?
How could he play last year but not this year?

Where's the development from this staff?
Isn't that why they swapped the TE coaches? To get the recruiter in an office and the coach on the field?

How is the TE position always injured at Miami (and that's over 3 regimes)?
Wait you think saying 2 Tes being True Freshman and another being injured all year is making excuses? Lol. It's just the truth. Expecting a true freshman TE to be a dude immediately is insane. Can it happen, yeah. Expected? No. Idgaf if he was from IMG or not. Same way I wouldn't say I EXPECT a true frosh DT to contribute immediately. TE is a difficult job. He contributed this yr.

I didn't make any excuse for Cam. I think he's just not very good. He's fine as a blocker.

And you can't teach someone to catch before acquiring them lol. And once they're acquired they're on the team. It's his job to improve his catching lol. Acting like hes not responsible for working the jug machine himself. And whether you like it or not Skinner isn't and in-line TE. And he probably just wasn't trusted much at all.

The TE position wasn't always injured - 1 player was.

You wanna ***** about TE, ***** that they took Cam, or that they didn't take anyone with Cam

This thread is about coaching. You just outlined how Mario let TVD hold the team hostage and how Dawson hamstrung the team by letting TVD work through his issues. You’re proving my point.
And my original point was in regarding your 26 points a game only. Pretty difficult to average greater than 30 turning the ball over as much as we did. Did we lead the conference in giveaways?

Coaching does not get a pass.

And you can't teach someone to catch before acquiring them lol. And once they're acquired they're on the team. It's his job to improve his catching lol. Acting like hes not responsible for working the jug machine himself. And whether you like it or not Skinner isn't and in-line TE. And he probably just wasn't trusted much at all.

The TE position wasn't always injured - 1 player was.

You wanna ***** about TE, ***** that they took Cam, or that they didn't take anyone with Cam
I expect an IMG TE to be a step above a regular HS TE. Freshmen TE's make more than 10 plays. Espc ones from IMG that are blue chip prospects. Skinner "sucks" but managed a year ago to catch as many TD's as 5 TE's did this season.

I'm saying if you can't teach a man to catch, why bring him in. He didn't start dropping balls all of a sudden in college. That was on his HS tape. So don't acquire someone you don't know how to develop their weakness.

The Juggs isn't going to fix a catching issue, that's a great marketing tool for their sales rep though. They should hire you to do the commercial.

Advertisement
I'll just say this regarding TVD and Dawson: TVD has a lot of gaps and I am happy both sides are moving on. But there are a lot of QBs worse than TVD out there. And Dawson/Mario did not make it easy. The QB room is entirely theirs once JB hits the portal after the bowl game. Hope they do something with it.

And for the record, I'm a big Mario supporter. I know he's building something special. But I don't trust the Mario/Dawson dynamic and I don't like his Bro Offense fall-back when the going gets rough.

You need to go look at all the portal qb’s that came in to compete , it’s a pretty good sized list. Ole Miss brought in two. But please keep making excuses. I mean the bar is low for Tvd so a pretty good to decent qb has us undefeated as Cis tells me lol.

ASU brought in Drew Pyne to challenge Rashada and Bourget
- Bama brought in Buchner to challenge Milroe and Simpson
- Oklahoma St brought in Alec Bowman to challenge Gundy's son and Rangel
- Brohm took Brady Allen from Purdue to challenge Jack Plummer
- Auburn brought in Payton Thorne to challenge Ashford and others
- TCU took Chance Nolan from Oregon St to give Chandler Morris some healthy competition
- Missouri took in Jake Garcia to battle Cook and Horn.
They should have done it before but as soon as the Bama saga. I would only bring in. 1 high school QB and 2 portal QBs now.

There is no way to say its only TVD fault. I dont think its all his fault. I have schematic misgivings and things i question. Lack of diversity at times among other things. Yet...

TVD was the MAIN problem. He was not the only problem. People praise Lincoln Riley all the time for offensive coaching but how many plays i seen it was Caleb Williams, or Baker Mayfield or Kylar Murray running around to make shyyt happen.

@Cribby bad offense play call should not mean u throw 3 or 4 picks. Sorry. U have control over the ball, u can take a sack, u can scramble, u can dump it off if nothing is open due to bad play call or design, especially since alot of them he had good protection. Also the problem was not even that he threw a pick, its that once he threw one, he was likely throwing, 3, 4 and possibly more if the opponent defense could catch.

I seen Penn St couldn't do anything v Ohio on offense and they never turned the ball over and they had a chance through out.

The coaches are not beyond reproach. I still have a question mark on Dawson. I have a question mark if Cristobal is meddling with the offense.

Yet i dont think any of that is as critical to what happened as a QB who was a head case.

The GT game was totally on Cristobal. The game was over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back