Coaching Interesting article regarding Mississippi HS coaches perception of Kiffin

I mean the dude won 10 games at Ole Miss (something no one has done) and has a top 3 offense. Not sure how he is a charlatan? Certainly seems like he’s got the answers needed to be successful

He also has a top QB and senior laden team full of the last coaches kids that he didn't recruit and the talent level at Ole Miss is going to plummet next year. Larry Coker went 12-0 at Miami, you know.

Advertisement
Lane Kiffins recruiting classes at USC
2010: 3rd
2011: 3rd
2012: 8th

2 out of the 3 years he was at FAU he had C-USA's top recruiting class.

no one is saying Kiffin is the elite recruiter Mario is. there aren't 5 HC in the nation who recruit like Mario. but people are to trying to create this narrative that Lane can't recruit and have zero evidence to back that up. there is, however, evidence that he can recruit.
I’ve already told y’all where I stand on his role in recruiting at SC and Tennessee..Clay Helton had top 10 and top 5 classes at SC also..Lane had never been regarded as a recruiter..but y’all keep drinking that lane Kool aid. Ask Tennessee, usc, and Bama how that ended

Advertisement
This is not something to just be blown off. South Florida coaches can be hard to deal with, and will hold a grudge forever.

He better fūcking take this into consideration if he’s going to be successful recruiting South Florida.

Let’s hope if he’s hired here he’s going to take seriously the “building relationships“ part.
You do realize he has been recruiting south florida for years right?. The whole building relationships thing wouldnt be hard for him.

I mean he has 2 or 3 guys on his current staff with DIRECT SOUTH FLORIDA connections as they are from here and hold weight in south florida. (Devin Bush, Kevin Smith (yea that one from ucf)

He might needed to build relationships in Miss....but he is ok down here.

Looks like...hes done what he always does which is go national for guys (WHICH IS WHY HE IS RANKED WHERE HE IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING) and the Miss coaches who seem to be similar to s.fla coaches wanted him to placate for their kids. Plus sounds like these dudes sees the writing ont he wall....hes out lol

Y'all going to ignore his recruiting success at UT and USC?
What does that have to do with me replying to someone that typed bs that he was the closer at Bama? You are arguing something I’m not. I’m specifically saying Lane had absolutely no effect on recruiting at Bama. What he did at USC and Tennessee has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

Did you see the way he talked about county fairs and lakes? And you thought the old timers down there were gonna like him? Lmao.

You are hiring Lane for his play calling not his recruiting. FIU out recruited FAU when lane was in charge.
FIU ALWAYS out recruits FAU.

They also always get their *** handed to them.

Im an FAU alum which is why i know exactly how that goes from the Mario days of taking L's to the owls with more talent.

Advertisement
This is not something to just be blown off. South Florida coaches can be hard to deal with, and will hold a grudge forever.

He better fūcking take this into consideration if he’s going to be successful recruiting South Florida.

Let’s hope if he’s hired here he’s going to take seriously the “building relationships“ part.
There's like a 3% chance he's going to change a single thing about himself. He's too full of himself to change anything in order to build relationships or get anything done. He'll come here and fail and all these's Lane fans will wonder what went wrong.

You do realize he has been recruiting south florida for years right?. The whole building relationships thing wouldnt be hard for him.

I mean he has 2 or 3 guys on his current staff with DIRECT SOUTH FLORIDA connections as they are from here and hold weight in south florida. (Devin Bush, Kevin Smith (yea that one from ucf)

He might needed to build relationships in Miss....but he is ok down here.

Looks like...hes done what he always does which is go national for guys (WHICH IS WHY HE IS RANKED WHERE HE IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING) and the Miss coaches who seem to be similar to s.fla coaches wanted him to placate for their kids. Plus sounds like these dudes sees the writing ont he wall....hes out lol
You don't think there's anything to the idea that SFLA coaches will expect special treatment and some @ss kissing which Lane's personality will keep him from being able to give them?

Advertisement
the talent level at Ole Miss is going to plummet next year. Larry Coker went 12-0 at Miami, you know.
if you know the talent level is going to plummet, would you take a class full of HS kids that's going to take a couple years to develop? or would you take less HS kids and get proven guys out of the portal? I'm asking because you just brought up his class ranking in a previous post.

He also has a top QB and senior laden team full of the last coaches kids that he didn't recruit
when Mario comes here I expect you to keep the same energy. Mario is only winning because he has a top QB and talent that he didn't recruit.

Advertisement
THIS IS ACTUALLY HILARIOUS...

JUST SAY YOU WANT MARIO CRISTOBAL AND YOU DONT LIKE KIFFIN ...

ALL OF THIS LANE KIFFIN CANT RECRUIT SH*T HAS ME LAUGHING. IT WAS ONCE THOUGHT...THATS ALL HE COULD DO.

HE's obvious not our top choice so all this mental gymnastics yall are trying to do you can cut it out..

FIU ALWAYS out recruits FAU.

They also always get their *** handed to them.

Im an FAU alum which is why i know exactly how that goes from the Mario days of taking L's to the owls with more talent.
Lane had splash Tranfer portal talent..Francois and that 6-1 220 WR/ath comes to mind..I think he did bring in Devin singletary also

I mean the dude won 10 games “in the Regular Season” at Ole Miss (something no one has done) and has a top 3 offense. Not sure how he is a charlatan? Certainly seems like he’s got the answers needed to be successful

FIFY

THIS IS ACTUALLY HILARIOUS...

JUST SAY YOU WANT MARIO CRISTOBAL AND YOU DONT LIKE KIFFIN ...

ALL OF THIS LANE KIFFIN CANT RECRUIT SH*T HAS ME LAUGHING. IT WAS ONCE THOUGHT...THATS ALL HE COULD DO.

HE's obvious not our top choice so all this mental gymnastics yall are trying to do you can cut it out..
Lmao..brother I can’t stand Lane. I’ll admit to that. **** him and the click he claim. Bring me Mario..or another **** not named lane..you can’t trust that joker.

Advertisement
Back