Coaching Interesting article regarding Mississippi HS coaches perception of Kiffin

Lane Kiffins recruiting classes at USC
2010: 3rd
2011: 3rd
2012: 8th

2 out of the 3 years he was at FAU he had C-USA's top recruiting class.

no one is saying Kiffin is the elite recruiter Mario is. there aren't 5 HC in the nation who recruit like Mario. but people are to trying to create this narrative that Lane can't recruit and have zero evidence to back that up. there is, however, evidence that he can recruit.
I wouldn’t trust lane. I’d rather CIS user @RedPill Stepdad coach the canes if I’m keeping it 💯

Advertisement
You don't think there's anything to the idea that SFLA coaches will expect special treatment and some @ss kissing which Lane's personality will keep him from being able to give them?

Did Manny do those things?.

It doesnt have to be him personally he has members of his staff that are s.fla guys already.

Also his name holds a little weight...all he would have to do is say Hi to some of these guys...they are like THOTS.

I think he and Mario would do well recruiting from here. His personality is more in line with south florida honestly.

Lane had splash Tranfer portal talent..Francois and that 6-1 220 WR/ath comes to mind..I think he did bring in Devin singletary also
Portal is here to stay. Look at Mich St. basically brought in a new team and got them a top 15 ranking. I still think Mel is a corch, but he’s got that bag now.

Small sample size of HS in coaches in MS and were they cherry picked for their negative opinions. I always take articles like this with a grain of salt. Lot’s of variables in play here.

Advertisement

TLDR: Kiffin is an egomaniac charlatan with Twitter fingers according to a group of anonymous Mississippi high school football coaches

I’m neither pro or anti lane, just found this an interesting read given our HC circumstance
An egomaniac hc in the sec? Can’t be....

TLDR: Kiffin is an egomaniac charlatan with Twitter fingers according to a group of anonymous Mississippi high school football coaches

I’m neither pro or anti lane, just found this an interesting read given our HC circumstance
Easy to see this...u have to be a complete ****** to not know this dude has some Diaz slip n slide type ****. He won't recruit well vs the elites trust me. I'm not wrong about these things

Advertisement
Easy to see this...u have to be a complete ****** to not know this dude has some Diaz slip n slide type ****. He won't recruit well vs the elites trust me. I'm not wrong about these things
So Lane's a no go for you? Mario is the only relentless recruiter of the top guys being discussed. I don't think Stoops is know for being a recruiter. Or Herman for that matter.

Who gives AF about kissing the asses of South FL HS coaches?

Why can’t we just recruit the best players regardless of where they are?

Why do we have to have a coach who has to bend over backwards to appease a bunch of coaches who don’t like us anyway?

What exactly has being South FL centric in our recruiting earned us thus far???

If throwing rose petals at the feet of HS coaches means that much, then yes, this is big deal, but IMO, the best recruiter in the world is spending money & winning football games, as long as we do those two things idgaf if we have a coach who literally slaps HS coaches in the face every time he sees them lol.

Mario is the coach Miami wants.

Lane is the coach Miami needs.

Lane + TVD + skill players = 10+ wins (f^ck it we split with A&M and Clemson, Lane already wiped his ******* all over Jimbo's defense) and our first ACC Championship title.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is not something to just be blown off. South Florida coaches can be hard to deal with, and will hold a grudge forever.

He better fūcking take this into consideration if he’s going to be successful recruiting South Florida.

Let’s hope if he’s hired here he’s going to take seriously the “building relationships“ part.
Did he recruit south Florida at Bama or Tennessee? I’m sure he did but can’t name a recruit he was responsible for.

Who gives AF about kissing the asses of South FL HS coaches?

Why can’t we just recruit the best players regardless of where they are?

Why do we have to have a coach who has to bend over backwards to appease a bunch of coaches who don’t like us anyway?

What exactly has being South FL centric in our recruiting earned us thus far???

If throwing rose petals at the feet of HS coaches means that much, then yes, this is big deal, but IMO, the best recruiter in the world is spending money & winning football games, as long as we do those two things idgaf if we have a coach who literally slaps HS coaches in the face every time he sees them lol.

We should recruit better outside of south Florida, but we also need to get some of those guys that have been getting away from us in the last 15 years..

Some HS coaches down here are a pain in the ***, but that’s the landscape, and it’s not changing. You still have to recruit SFL well to win.

Does that mean you exclude other areas? Absolutely not. Does it mean that some years you might have fewer SFL guys than in in other years? Yes.

But you don’t go in behind the eight ball with an attitude or respect problem. At the very least, you treat them with respect and expect the same back.

I don’t know how he would do recruiting wise as a Miami coach - there are varying views about his recruiting ability - but I do know he needs to recruit his *** off if he’s going to be successful here - in state AND out of state.

Advertisement
This is not something to just be blown off. South Florida coaches can be hard to deal with, and will hold a grudge forever.

He better fūcking take this into consideration if he’s going to be successful recruiting South Florida.

Let’s hope if he’s hired here he’s going to take seriously the “building relationships“ part.
Uncle Luke already endorsed him lol

He’d put 50 on FSU every year and laugh in their fans’ racist inbred faces the whole time.

**** do I care what a bunch of amateur hour chud high school Wannabe Mussolinis in Mississippi think about him? He’s already recruited south Florida everywhere he’s been just fine.

This board would find ******* holes in Tom Landry’s resume. This guy is probably the closest thing personality wise to Jimmy we’ll find.

Advertisement
Back