Coaching Interesting article regarding Mississippi HS coaches perception of Kiffin

How is that possible when he never stays anywhere long enough for his recruits to play? Ole miss for two years, fau for 3 years, tennessee for one, usc for 3+.
Recruiting is getting the players on campus.

Development is getting the most out of the recruits.

He was a closer at USC and Bama. He also recruited well at Tennessee

Advertisement
Mullen never led Miss State to a top 10 final ranking.
Dan Mullen had miss state ranked number 2 in the nation ..he won at least 9 games there multiple times..won 10 games in the middle of his tenure..but y’all hard off lane winning 10 games..all I’m saying is..**** kiffin and don’t trust a man named lane..other than that he’s a good coach

Well this goes back to the issue of support staff.
Assuming Lane is not a natural recruiter, he will need coaches and a support staff that can handle the bulk of those responsibilities.
Assuming Mario is not a great play caller/game day coach, he will need to right coaches to fill that hole.

All coaches need the correct support staff because every human being is flawed. If UM really cares about winning it will hire a good coach, identify the coach’s flaws and be ready with a fix. it can work if everyone is realistic and willing.
Look. Point is does he emphasize that? A HC isn’t expected to be in the nitty gritty when it comes to the trail..but it must be emphasized as a building block foundation. That means the staff HE wants. I want a HC Who has a track record of that

I'd disagree on the narrative that Kiffin is not a recruiter. A big part of his success has been his recruiting efforts.

With that being said, there's more to being a great coach than just recruiting.
U must be talking about USC and Tennessee.. other than that when was he labeled a recruiter

Lane is a very polarizing personality. He will never escape his past and i doubt he cares about how people view him in the present. No matter where he ends up, i would wager a bet there's always going to be an equal number of people (if not more) who dislike him vs those who like him.

Putting it in terms i relate to in business - he's the type of guy i tolerate bc he's really good at what he does, vs the guy i enjoy working with bc he's a helpful, team oriented hard working guy who puts in the hours and has earned the respect of his peers and direct reports.

Advertisement

TLDR: Kiffin is an egomaniac charlatan with Twitter fingers according to a group of anonymous Mississippi high school football coaches

I’m neither pro or anti lane, just found this an interesting read given our HC circumstance
If true, that crap won't fly in the 305.

Advertisement
He was part of the success

Ok...show me where he wasn't
So I guess that mean bill O’Brien.. mccelwein (😂). Jeremy Pruitt etc are great recruiters too. I mean **** Larry Coker saw Butch build what he built up close..he was a great recruiter also

Advertisement
This is how trustworthy and how much “he was apart of success”lane was at Bama..The HC at Alabama would rather go into a NC game with a AA rehabilitation patient as his OC than lane kiffin..and that’s who ppl are clamoring for. It’s so bad UF wouldn’t even take this dude as a serious candidate

Shhh.

USC, Alabama and Tennessee all recruit themselves. Everyone knows that, it's why they're all in the Playoffs every year.
Hmmm

Tennessee and USC are in the playoffs every year?

You literally can't make a coherent point. Quit using your parents wifi.

Advertisement
This is how trustworthy and how much “he was apart of success”lane was at Bama..The HC at Alabama would rather go into a NC game with a AA rehabilitation patient as his OC than lane kiffin..and that’s who ppl are clamoring for. It’s so bad UF wouldn’t even take this dude as a serious candidate
Lane's figured out 2 things. 1) Bama's "protein shakes" mean more than recruiting 2) The recruits will come when they know about the "protein shakes". Although perhaps I'm wrong about 2 because he's gone to the NFL soon.

So I guess that mean bill O’Brien.. mccelwein (😂). Jeremy Pruitt etc are great recruiters too. I mean **** Larry Coker saw Butch build what he built up close..he was a great recruiter also
You literally make no sense.

Put down your first beer and stop using your parents wifi.

Have a great day

Shhh.

USC, Alabama and Tennessee all recruit themselves. Everyone knows that, it's why they're all in the Playoffs every year.
USC coming off Pete Carroll’s years **** sure recruited itself. Tennessee has had top 10 class through different coaches even if that program has fallen off. In 2008/09 that program was considered a top tier sec program.

Advertisement
Back