I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Bethea isn’t coming in to not start. Him Pack and Perkins is an odd fit. Perkins is pretty well put together but I don’t know that him or Bethea could hold up against a lot of 3s. That would be concerning defensively.
I promise you Pack will be on the bench next year with Perkins/Bethea being the 1 and 2. There’s no reason Pack should be starting here ever again with his performance when healthy last year.

He’s an off guard spot shooter. That belongs on the bench.

Advertisement
Wait for the entire roster to take shape before jumping to these conclusions. Keep in mind, we don't know whether Wooga comes back, we don't know who else is added in the portal. Bethea isn't a smurf, he's got solid size, although like most freshmen, isn't a finished product physically. It's very likely that Pack and Perkins would be splitting minutes, they most likely won't be on the floor at the same time regularly. Perkins could possibly be the Bens replacement, a guy that is a spot starter/first guy off the bench that gets a ton of minutes.
Man I don’t need the whole roster to take shape to know that 5’11 Pack, 6’3 Perkins, and 6’5 180 Bethea could be a defensive liability. If that’s what we’re doing just shut the forum down until the season starts.

There are 40 minutes in a game, none of those 3 would be playing significantly less than 30.

What a thread…

D$…. The bank is open, please deposit accordingly, let’s help the U in the portal

CIS: every player we have, or are after, including top ranked recruits, suck…

Well balanced..

I promise you Pack will be on the bench next year with Perkins/Bethea being the 1 and 2. There’s no reason Pack should be starting here ever again with his performance when healthy last year.

He’s an off guard spot shooter. That belongs on the bench.
Pack isn't coming back not to start

Man I don’t need the whole roster to take shape to know that 5’11 Pack, 6’3 Perkins, and 6’5 180 Bethea could be a defensive liability. If that’s what we’re doing just shut the forum down until the season starts.

There are 40 minutes in a game, none of those 3 would be playing significantly less than 30.
How big do you think the typical college guard is? Keep in mind, Miami has won big with guards smaller than what you just listed. If you have a 6'3'' guard, a 6'5'' and the smallest is 5'11, you are doing okay, especially if you have a guy like Wooga come back. Honestly, if you need stops, you are going to have Perkins and Bethea as your backcourt, and that's not a terrible defensive backcourt, size wise.

Advertisement
How big do you think the typical college guard is? Keep in mind, Miami has won big with guards smaller than what you just listed. If you have a 6'3'' guard, a 6'5'' and the smallest is 5'11, you are doing okay, especially if you have a guy like Wooga come back. Honestly, if you need stops, you are going to have Perkins and Bethea as your backcourt, and that's not a terrible defensive backcourt, size wise.
I’m talking about those 3 playing together. I don’t know who really thinks Pack is coming off the bench but that isn’t happening. If Perkins comes, he’s starting too.

I’m talking about those 3 playing together. I don’t know who really thinks Pack is coming off the bench but that isn’t happening. If Perkins comes, he’s starting too.
It's likely that both will play starter's level minutes, but L will have certain matchups for each. It's similar to last year, when Pack and Bens split minutes(Wong was always out there late as the 2 guard), and L went more to Bens late in games, when he needed defensive stops. People forget that Bens played a ton of high pressure minutes on the Elite 8 and Final Four runs.

Advertisement
This post doesn’t mean we are poor. It just means with CIS in bed with Canes Connection, we will see posts like this pretty often.

It's likely that both will play starter's level minutes, but L will have certain matchups for each. It's similar to last year, when Pack and Bens split minutes(Wong was always out there late as the 2 guard), and L went more to Bens late in games, when he needed defensive stops. People forget that Bens played a ton of high pressure minutes on the Elite 8 and Final Four runs.
He played high pressure minutes but he played 10 and 16mpg in those two tourney runs.

All I’m saying is those 3 guys are all going to be expecting 27-30 minutes a night. That’s tough to stagger out if you’re trying to keep 2 of them on the floor instead of all 3.

Advertisement
We can do more with $$ in basketball than football

Especially considering the respective coaches.

Coach L doesn’t need an absurd amount of resources and a major talent advantage to cover his deficiencies. He needs a level playing field so he can fight with both his hands.

Advertisement
Bethea isn't coming here to not play heavy minutes. L wouldn't have recruited him, if he didn't believe that he will play heavy minutes. There's no point in sitting a guy like that, because it's unlikely you won't have him for multiple years. L wants veteran guards, to not only fill out the rotation, but to provide him flexibility and roster cohesion. Bethea is going to start at the 2 guard spot, period.

L is trying to recruit for Bens' spot right now, he needs someone that can be a spot starter or a solid bench option. Pack and Bethea is the starting backcourt.
He’s not the starting 2 unless he gains a lot of strength! He’s lean really lean and when he gets pushed around is a no factor in the game. They lost there state semi cause that team got physical they gave him the lane all night and he sat on the outside being a none factor he’s not a killer shooter he relies on his athleticism and 9 out of 10 he’s the most athletic

He’s not the starting 2 unless he gains a lot of strength! He’s lean really lean and when he gets pushed around is a no factor in the game. They lost there state semi cause that team got physical they gave him the lane all night and he sat on the outside being a none factor he’s not a killer shooter he relies on his athleticism and 9 out of 10 he’s the most athletic
No one is asking him to be a finished product on day one. People forget that guys like Wong and others were thin coming in, got minutes anyway, and they weren't nearly as developed offensively. This is a guy that can score at all three levels, I expect him to do most of his damage in the midrange and from deep, until he gains confidence hitting the lane. Keep in mind, with the proliferation of one and done, it's not like he is going to spend most of the season playing against grown men with NBA talent. A lot of the dudes that are stronger(due to age), will not be as athletic. The athletic, strong guys are usually long gone from college. It's the Zach Edey concept: If they were legit NBA players, they likely wouldn't be playing in college as upperclassmen.

Amazing that if Bethea hadn't signed with Miami, a lot of people here that are trying to sell us on this dude not being legit would be saying "Why didn't Miami close the deal, he's going to be a legit starter at (Insert School Here)." He isn't a finished product, but talent like this, will figure it out as he goes along. Never mind the fact that he will have veterans around him to help out. No one expects him to carry this program, but he will be a valuable piece. Barring him having an early season injury like Walker, Bethea should be fine.

Advertisement
Back