I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Advertisement
We can do more with $$ in basketball than football
We discussed this in another thread, but the ROI on bball is higher than any other sport.
You can just about buy a championship level starting 5.

I think we evaluate Pack incorrectly. The guy needs to be an assassin, benefitting as a trailer in fast break opportunities (probably the biggest drop off from this team from the last). He does not need to ever be the primary ball handler. It’s never been his game.

Advertisement
These are the rules. We can’t control the state of college sports. We can control being the best NIL program within the rules. That gives us, as fans, more of an ability to impact the outcome than with any other sport in the world.

If we care enough to devote countless hours of our lives to this stuff, and we can afford to help, we may as well do it. This is the hobby we chose.

Just a suggestion for you and, honestly, anyone who does this for the Hurricanes:

I don't think fans are against giving money to the school, even though many will say this is panhandling. The issue, from a small donor perspective, is that nobody knows where this money is going or how much money is needed. I think that creates general apathy.

A better strategy would be to set goals around fundraising that are attainable and come with a sense of achievement from the community. It also would provide those who are budgeting at the collective level a better sense of how much in small donor donations they can allocate to the pool when planning. If I was in their shoes, I would much rather know, "Canesinsight have set a goal of $50,000 for NIL and they've historically hit those targets" than "Canesinisight is asking for donations, we'll see how that goes".

If this site regularly hits NIL targets and players come aboard as a result you'll see people have a better sense of attachment. In that strategy, it also allows you more opportunity to advertise repeatedly as the achievement numbers change than just bringing up every week, "don't forget to donate". It makes it a natural conversation.

I’m in the minority but i dont think Bethea is gonna be a day 1 starter or a 30 mins per game guy. L wants more experienced guards on the roster. It shows in his persuit of Dinkins and Perkins

Advertisement
Do Pack and Perkins have a relationship? Same age/year from Indianapolis. Maybe they want to play together?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m in the minority but i dont think Bethea is gonna be a day 1 starter or a 30 mins per game guy. L wants more experienced guards on the roster. It shows in his persuit of Dinkins and Perkins
Bethea isn't coming here to not play heavy minutes. L wouldn't have recruited him, if he didn't believe that he will play heavy minutes. There's no point in sitting a guy like that, because it's unlikely you won't have him for multiple years. L wants veteran guards, to not only fill out the rotation, but to provide him flexibility and roster cohesion. Bethea is going to start at the 2 guard spot, period.

L is trying to recruit for Bens' spot right now, he needs someone that can be a spot starter or a solid bench option. Pack and Bethea is the starting backcourt.

Bethea isn't coming here to not play heavy minutes. L wouldn't have recruited him, if he didn't believe that he will play heavy minutes. There's no point in sitting a guy like that, because it's unlikely you won't have him for multiple years. L wants veteran guards, to not only fill out the rotation, but to provide him flexibility and roster cohesion. Bethea is going to start at the 2 guard spot, period.

L is trying to recruit for Bens' spot right now, he needs someone that can be a spot starter or a solid bench option. Pack and Bethea is the starting backcourt.
100% correct. Pack is injury prone as well

No it won’t. Pack is an off guard spot shooter. He is who he is. We run an O through Perkins/Bethea combo.
Bethea isn’t coming in to not start. Him Pack and Perkins is an odd fit. Perkins is pretty well put together but I don’t know that him or Bethea could hold up against a lot of 3s. That would be concerning defensively.

Bethea isn’t coming in to not start. Him Pack and Perkins is an odd fit. Perkins is pretty well put together but I don’t know that him or Bethea could hold up against a lot of 3s. That would be concerning defensively.
Wait for the entire roster to take shape before jumping to these conclusions. Keep in mind, we don't know whether Wooga comes back, we don't know who else is added in the portal. Bethea isn't a smurf, he's got solid size, although like most freshmen, isn't a finished product physically. It's very likely that Pack and Perkins would be splitting minutes, they most likely won't be on the floor at the same time regularly. Perkins could possibly be the Bens replacement, a guy that is a spot starter/first guy off the bench that gets a ton of minutes.

Advertisement
Back