I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
..and the message I got was it is going to be expensive.

If you haven't done so already, please be part of the solution. Join Canes Connection, Miami's official NIL collective.

Click the link below and pick a plan. When you enter promo code “CIS” in the blue link titled “Add promotion Code” (right under “Subtotal”) you get 20% off your first month Canes Connection subscription. More importantly, you get access to a regular, private Zoom call with me where I share information I can’t share publicly. This is in addition to the other member benefits Canes Connection provides.

https://www.canesconnection.com/membership

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never a good sign when messages like this are going out. Are we already being turned away by transfers because our NIL isn't up to snuff?
We are in the game. But if we want the elite players, we need to be an elite NIL program.

A grassroots movement that starts here can take our already-good NIL program to a whole new level. Let’s be part of the solution.

Advertisement
oh god this is bad
Yea this reeks of not having sufficient NIL dedicated to basketball transfer portal recruiting, whereas football doesn't seem to have that issue. I wish @DMoney had just led with that instead. It's great that we seem to be aggressively pursuing a number of guys but I may have to recalibrate my expectations as far as who we'll actually end up with.

G****…

Is every single thing in our society nowadays really just one big money suck??

Ticket prices raised, everyday items inflated… and oh yea, now YOU the consumer of sports entertainment, now needs to supplement (ie: pay) players income….in the name of having a chance to be good.

Just further zapping the joy and fun out of sports - which is why most of us follow it to begin with.

This **** just reeks…. And my love for sports wanes the more it pops up. Gotta feeling I’ll be spending more and more time on golf courses and paying no mind to team sports in the near future.

Advertisement
G****…

Ticket prices raised, everyday items inflated… and oh yea, now YOU the consumer of sports entertainment, now needs to supplement (ie: pay) players income….in the name of having a chance to be good.

Just further zapping the joy and fun out of sports - which is why most of us follow it to begin with.

This **** just reeks…. And my love for sports wanes the more it pops up. Gotta feeling I’ll be spending more and more time on golf courses and paying no mind to team sports in the near future.
Later

To get this at least a little back on topic, @DMoney do you have much intel regarding names at the top of the board?

Advertisement
Well I am. I think we're going to have to temper expectations.
1711576245384.gif

G****…

Josh Pate had a good segment on this. He said it was utterly ridiculous with how much money schools make with sports and media deals, that they ask the fans of average income to help out to pay players.

Hes not wrong. I'm sure we will look back to these times in like 5-10 years, when players are employees of schools, and laugh at the stupidity of that notion that fans were having to give money to pay players.

But anyway, this is what it is for now. And I think if schools want you to give your money, you need to be able to specifically pick where it s going. And I'm not talking about, here's 5 grand for UM sports. Or he's 5 grand for UM football in general.

Nah, here's 5 grand for DJ Pickett specifically and if you don't land him, refund. People should have that right over their own money.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Back