I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Advertisement
Josh Pate had a good segment on this. He said it was utterly ridiculous with how much money schools make with sports and media deals, that they ask the fans of average income to help out to pay players.

Hes not wrong. I'm sure we will look back to these times in like 5-10 years, when players are employees of schools, and laugh at the stupidity of that notion that fans were having to give money to pay players.

But anyway, this is what it is for now. And I think if schools want you to give your money, you need to be able to specifically pick where it s going. And I'm not talking about, here's 5 grand for UM sports. Or he's 5 grand for UM football in general.

Nah, here's 5 grand for DJ Pickett specifically and if you don't land him, refund. People should have that right over their own money.

Just my opinion.
They need a way for the whale$ that make major contributions to get a tax writeoff. Not everyone is a Ruiz, and if they don't prefer football, they prefer (funding) infrastructure and coaches and managers or things that can be tax-deductible. If you specify 50,000 for Player X, IRS never gonna change. At least the Collective- if it remains a sort of general fund - has a chance to one day get better IRS treatment (or Congress.)

Advertisement
@DMoney since this is an nil thread, is Ruiz out of the nil game now or just gone quite?

I assume his business and its troubles are taking most of his time up.

Advertisement
These are the rules. We can’t control the state of college sports. We can control being the best NIL program within the rules. That gives us, as fans, more of an ability to impact the outcome than with any other sport in the world.

If we care enough to devote countless hours of our lives to this stuff, and we can afford to help, we may as well do it. This is the hobby we chose.

This is not a we’re poor post, it is a we need more post.

The whales are doing their thing, but many hands make light work and we need the everyday fans to give what they can (one or a couple hundred bucks) to close the gap and get the players we need.

Jose Mas is having a fundraiser at his house in the near future for Canes Connection. Everyone just needs to do what they can do and we’ll be back in the 2nd weekend next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it the announcement that Pack is coming back? Because that was just posted.
Damnit.

Just made the rebuild a little bit tougher in my opinion. I have nothing but respect for Pack. He came up massive for us on our run but he is totally maxed out as a player and makes landing a legit guard even more important now.

Damnit.

Just made the rebuild a little bit tougher in my opinion. I have nothing but respect for Pack. He came up massive for us on our run but he is totally maxed out as a player and makes landing a legit guard even more important now.
If he can stay healthy, he's going to benefit from playing next to Bethea. Also increases the likelihood Norchad comes back

Advertisement
Back