Coaching Horror Show

Do you defend Josh Gattis and this Offensive Scheme

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys have been getting open.

I think there is an issue with the way we are teaching the offense.

There must be a ton of option routes. I have never seen so many receivers running routes in the same spot. They can’t all not know the playbook, can they? God help us if those bad routes are the actual play design.
we've said the guys are open with 2 QBs now. what does it tell you that both QBs somehow can't find all these open guys? maybe there's something more to it? we wont know if those "open" guys are just decoys with the offense bc it'll never get admitted but if every QB has the same issue, its not the player

Advertisement
Guys have been getting open.

I think there is an issue with the way we are teaching the offense.

There must be a ton of option routes. I have never seen so many receivers running routes in the same spot. They can’t all not know the playbook, can they? God help us if those bad routes are the actual play design.

Usually takes 2 years to learn a detailed playbook and that’s with kids caring and actually studying/film work on their own. I doubt we have that level of commitment from this roster so I agree it’s hard to say who all is at fault. I think it’s both players and coaches currently .

Advertisement
Gattis has to be gone at the end of the season
At the end of the day he's running the offense that Mario wants.

We did see changes under TVD's 3 game run of over 1k in passing yards.

The 8 turnovers from last week was an early Halloween that scared them back to being conservative.

I doubt Gattis is doing anything in a vacuum.

I DON'T like his offense. It's like Mario and Gattis think offensive football should be hard. It's about putting points on the board in the most efficient way your personnel can execute.

I don't care if we have injuries and some of the players can't execute the type of offense they want to run.

You have to design an offense to score 30+ points with the guys you have. That's the job and the bottom line.

Advertisement
At the end of the day he's running the offense that Mario wants.
I keep seeing people state this. I also see a lot of Mario isn’t an X and O coach but a program builder.

Gattis is running his offense. Mario let morehouse run his O at Oregon, too.

I also see Mario wants to run it 100 times and pass 10 times yet Miami has been taking whatever works to try and win.

Facts:
miami has a ton of talent on the sidelines injuried. Top OT, RBs, 2nd TE, X, 2nd C

Miami has 5 blue chip OL and only 1 who has been on campus for more than 2 years: Scaife. Rivers, Seymour, McLaughlin, Denis(hurt).

Coaching has a code it lives by and the coaching/admin network is tiny. You aren’t going to fire Gattis in the middle of the season as it reduces your likelihood of landing better options.

His best play call of the season was the last play yesterday...where Jake ran it in and also had 18 open. Not sure why we havent utilized that play more often in the red zone. I know TVD is bit less athletic but there is no rhyme or reason to this offense. Next please.

I keep seeing people state this. I also see a lot of Mario isn’t an X and O coach but a program builder.

I also see Mario wants to run it 100 times and pass 10 times yet Miami has been taking whatever works to try and win.

Facts:
miami has a ton of talent on the sidelines injuried. Top OT, RBs, 2nd TE, X, 2nd C

Miami has 5 blue chip OL and only 1 who has been on campus for more than 2 years: Scaife. Rivers, Seymour, McLaughlin, Denis(hurt).

Coaching has a code it lives by and the coaching/admin network is tiny. You aren’t going to fire Gattis in the middle of the season as it reduces your likelihood of landing better options.
no amount of talent is fixing this offense where it'll be what Oregon has right now. Mario had this roster last year (at Oregon I mean) and they scoring less points. the QB Oregon brought in wasn't good at Auburn and was benched. now hes good?

no amount of talent is fixing this offense where it'll be what Oregon has right now. Mario had this roster last year (at Oregon I mean) and they scoring less points. the QB Oregon brought in wasn't good at Auburn and was benched. now hes good?
So you are on the side that Mario is 100% at fault for Miami?

Mario has more 10 win seasons in last 5 years than Miami has had in 20! Gattis’ offense mixed with the players on campus don’t fit together!

Patrick Nix played for a bad Auburn team and looked ok at times and bad at others. He now plays for a good Oregon team and still looked like dog **** vs UGA. Maybe he is simply better around better talent on O?

I’m not defending Gattis as I’m sick of seeing bunched formations with this OL. I also saw the same freaking play run almost every down on the drive to tie the game. Not a ton of variance with fakes off that play until the winning play. We also failed to identify Colbie as our best WR and Brantley as our best blocking TE. Now if they were on campus together for 3 years and both emerged, I’d be ****ed but we are talking 3 months and 10 months. Still can be better and I expect Gattis to land a job elsewhere.

Advertisement
So you are on the side that Mario is 100% at fault for Miami?

Mario has more 10 win seasons in last 5 years than Miami has had in 20! Gattis’ offense mixed with the players on campus don’t fit together!

Patrick Nix played for a bad Auburn team and looked ok at times and bad at others. He now plays for a good Oregon team and still looked like dog **** vs UGA. Maybe he is simply better around better talent on O?

I’m not defending Gattis as I’m sick of seeing bunched formations with this OL. I also saw the same freaking play run almost every down on the drive to tie the game. Not a ton of variance with fakes off that play until the winning play. We also failed to identify Colbie as our best WR and Brantley as our best blocking TE. Now if they were on campus together for 3 years and both emerged, I’d be ****ed but we are talking 3 months and 10 months. Still can be better and I expect Gattis to land a job elsewhere.
Mario will win games but the offense will never be what we want it to be in terms of output and production w the current philosophy overall. It doesn’t help that we have too many game day errors from a management standpoint

Mario will win games but the offense will never be what we want it to be in terms of output and production w the current philosophy overall. It doesn’t help that we have too many game day errors from a management standpoint
Mario went 12-2 at Oregon. If he can pull 12-2 off at Oregon then he sure as **** can go 13-1 at Miami. Once you get into that 12-2/13-1 territory consistently, you have to hit on one NFL prototype QB to win it all. Mario is also not a mule, he will adjust and adapt more you fans will give him credit for.

Advertisement
Mario went 12-2 at Oregon. If he can pull 12-2 off at Oregon then he sure as **** can go 13-1 at Miami. Once you get into that 12-2/13-1 territory consistently, you have to hit on one NFL prototype QB to win it all. Mario is also not a mule, he will adjust and adapt more you fans will give him credit for.
He went 12-2 w someone else’s qb who was a top 10 pick. He had a great Oregon record. No doubt. His offense left a lot to be desired

Yall guys are crazy. Gattis held our team to 14 points today. A truly elite defensive mind!
I have a feeling that you voted “Yes” because you feel like he’s just running the scheme that Mario prefers, which is exactly what I believe has gone down.

Gattis and Mario are a match made in heaven for those that love caveman offense, with no creativity or pace.

Facts:

Gattis is running what Mario wants. Why do you think he is here.? He runs the style that .Mario wants. That's why he was selected as OC.

I don't believe any OC has complete autonomy. Whatever Gattis runs, Mario is signing off on. He doesn't have to tell Gattis which plays to run. He just needs to say I want to run the ball more this game and reduce our turnovers. Gattis says, "Great. Here's my plan."

Advertisement
Back