Confirmed Hip-Drop Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen; I’m all for player safety, but this is bull ****.

Running backs can run full speed, dropping their shoulder & helmet into a stationed defender looking to make a play, blow them up, concussing them, & it’s all good.

A hip drop tackle is a natural tackle. When someone is dragging u, u have to shift ur weight to slow them down, to bring them down.

This is f’ing tackle football; ppl get injured. It’s an unfortunate part of the game, but it appears that it’s only unfortunate when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.
Facts

You cant tackle anyone from behind (pause) running full speed unless u trip them or drop your weight. Dudes are too big and fast now in this day and age of football....pause pause pause. Sh is crazy they put a rule for everything if someone gets hurt alot. Tell the ball carrier go down then and stop fighting for yards or run out of bounds. No defender wants to look stupid getting dragged 10 yards so they drop their weight.

Advertisement
Not only was andrews hurt. OBJ was hurt by same tackle in the same game by the SAME player. Lamar was tackled the same way by the SAME player, SAME game luckily he didn’t get injured at least publicly.

3 of the more popular players in the league. The discussion to outlaw started when Mahomes got his ankle busted up by it a couple years back but Andrews was the last straw for sure. Get that **** out the game.

R u a Ravens’ fan?

South Park nailed this one already. While CTE is a very real concern that may have long term effects on young players we are only a few steps away from sarcastball. We are a decade out from two hand touch being the official NCAA platform.

Advertisement
Just puts the flags on and declare tackle football dead. There will still be plenty of scoring.

Yet another rule helping offenses to artificially inflate the excitement in games, essentially high scoring shootouts since it's **** hard to stop offenses these days.

I can't think of one rule that had been put in place in a long *** time to help defenders. In contrast, rule after rule has nearly outlawed touching a QB and is now on the way to removing tackling.

Sport is becoming a joke. I'm 100 percent for player safety and I've never enjoyed seeing someone get injured. Having said that, as @Rellyrell pointed out earlier, you can't protect players from everything. You want to play this game, bad **** can happen. You're going to sustain some injuries. You may kill your brain.

You just can't protect against everything, had to say it again.. At some point, it's all going to end and truth be told, the game is looking less and less like itself as time goes on.

Last edited:
Listen; I’m all for player safety, but this is bull ****.

Running backs can run full speed, dropping their shoulder & helmet into a stationed defender looking to make a play, blow them up, concussing them, & it’s all good.

A hip drop tackle is a natural tackle. When someone is dragging u, u have to shift ur weight to slow them down, to bring them down.

This is f’ing tackle football; ppl get injured. It’s an unfortunate part of the game, but it appears that it’s only unfortunate when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.
This!

Exactly; they got these dudes complaining about the type of turf the NFL is using, tearing ACLs & MCLs at an astronomical rate, yet the NFL says naw. Then u have players complaining playing on Sundays & then again on a Thursday, & the NFL says naw. Then u have players not too thrilled traveling well out of time zones to play in countries where their fields are not in harmony with NFL standards & the NFL is like naw.

Spare me the NFL safety bull ****; these rules have become & more slanted towards the O b/c of Vegas & FFB. The moment the NFL & NBA became comfortable aligning itself w/ Betting companies, all of a sudden u saw an influx of rules catering to the O.
1711507386762.gif

How exactly do you prevent defensive players from doing that? Better question, how do you make a tackle when your body is in that position without getting a flag? Best question, when are they going to put flag belts on the skill players?
It’s getting ridiculous, it really is. I would hate to be a defensive player in this era. People that have never played football try to make it sound so easy for a defender to make these split-second decisions when they’re running full speed trying to make a tackle. Football is hard enough, but now they got defensive guys constantly worried about, “Can I do this…Can I do that…is that a flag or not a flag..etc”…It’s just absurd IMO. Plus, whenever you do speak up about this stuff people try to label you as someone who doesn’t care about player safety.

Advertisement
It’s getting ridiculous, it really is. I would hate to be a defensive player in this era. People that have never played football try to make it sound so easy for a defender to make these split-second decisions when they’re running full speed trying to make a tackle. Football is hard enough, but now they got defensive guys constantly worried about, “Can I do this…Can I do that…is that a flag or not a flag..etc”…It’s just absurd IMO. Plus, whenever you do speak up about this stuff people try to label you as someone who doesn’t care about player safety.
Same group of people who continue to try to sweep the concussion cover ups under the carpet. The NFL is littered with hypocrisy everywhere.

How does a 290 lb man running at full steam literally trying to destroy the ball carrier decide in a split second to use a different technique to tackle or aim higher to avoid the knees but lower to avoid the head?

Good luck with that-Never want anybody to get hurt but, the game is becoming impossible to officiate just play flag football at this point.

& this is how injuries occur on the other side. I’ve literally seen defenders stuck, worrying about tackling, get absolutely trucked.

Again, the vast majority of these rule changes are geared towards offensive players. It’s almost impossible to play defense. How many QBs have escaped sacks b/c guys are worried about slanging them to the ground, going too high, going too low, landing on top of them?! WRs are **** near able to do 7 v. 7 moves in game b/c everything is either a P.I or Def. Holding. Now guys have to worry about bringing running ball carriers to the ground, something they’ve been doing since Pop Warner??

That’s tough, & I don’t envy these guys on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
Some of the hitting getting taken out of the game has ****ed me off but what they’re banning now is literally the softest possible way to tackle and goes against every tackling technique that coaches teach. You’re supposed to wrap up and drive through the player with your legs. Not grab them and kick your legs up to try to drag them down from behind.

Advertisement
Facts

You cant tackle anyone from behind (pause) running full speed unless u trip them or drop your weight. Dudes are too big and fast now in this day and age of football....pause pause pause. Sh is crazy they put a rule for everything if someone gets hurt alot. Tell the ball carrier go down then and stop fighting for yards or run out of bounds. No defender wants to look stupid getting dragged 10 yards so they drop their weight.
Not unlike this....

The nfl wants to encourage rugby tackles. Fall on your front not land your *** on legs

Hip Drop tackles cause long term injuries 20 to 25 times more than any other tackle...

and for all of you that say the game just wont be the same. They have increased in their usage 65% in the last year alone.

They've never been a big part of the game until the last few years and they're dirty ask move that little biatches use. FSU loves em... Its why seeing their season end last year because of them was glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back