Confirmed Hip-Drop Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Animated GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Listen; I’m all for player safety, but this is bull ****.

Running backs can run full speed, dropping their shoulder & helmet into a stationed defender looking to make a play, blow them up, concussing them, & it’s all good.

A hip drop tackle is a natural tackle. When someone is dragging u, u have to shift ur weight to slow them down, to bring them down.

This is f’ing tackle football; ppl get injured. It’s an unfortunate part of the game, but it appears that it’s only unfortunate when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Annnnnd, it’s amazing how these rules take place after a star player gets injured:

-Illegal to tackle a QB below the knees while in the pocket.
*Tom Brady gets injured vs. KC

-Illegal for horse collar tackle.
*Terrell Owens gets injured vs. Dallas

-Illegal to hip drop tackle.
*Mark Andrews gets injured vs. Bengals

Annnnnd, it’s amazing how these rules take place after a star player gets injured:

-Illegal to tackle a QB below the knees while in the pocket.
*Tom Brady gets injured vs. KC

-Illegal for horse collar tackle.
*Terrell Owens gets injured vs. Dallas

-Illegal to hip drop tackle.
*Mark Andrews gets injured vs. Bengals
True story. They only care about the players that make them the most money. Everyone is just another tragedy that gets forgotten in a few days.

Listen; I’m all for player safety, but this is bull ****.

Running backs can run full speed, dropping their shoulder & helmet into a stationed defender looking to make a play, blow them up, concussing them, & it’s all good.

A hip drop tackle is a natural tackle. When someone is dragging u, u have to shift ur weight to slow them down, to bring them down.

This is f’ing tackle football; ppl get injured. It’s an unfortunate part of the game, but it appears that it’s only unfortunate when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.
This is the same case I have been making with my group of friends about the targeting rule. How is it not targeting when the offensive player leads with their helmet and makes contact to the head and neck area of a defender? They are killing off any ability to play defense and tackle in the game.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back