Henderson, Porter & Linder to Hold Press Conference Monday

View as article
LOL at late rounders holding a press conference as if anyone would care.

If they ARE leaving, they would certainly need the Padre's prayers.

Advertisement
not sure late rounders are we want to move fwd anyway....yes Porter is a loss but is he really?? Has HE EVER taken over a game like sapp or jerome or Vince..ever have multiple sacks NO...I still think we need to purge guys that are well okay and fill voids...Linder will be hardest to replace, henderson is a gifted athlete but again you never hear his name for killing someone or making a huge play...if they stay great if they go I wish em well...we need animals on both sides of the ball,,,

not sure late rounders are we want to move fwd anyway....yes Porter is a loss but is he really?? Has HE EVER taken over a game like sapp or jerome or Vince..ever have multiple sacks NO...I still think we need to purge guys that are well okay and fill voids...Linder will be hardest to replace, henderson is a gifted athlete but again you never hear his name for killing someone or making a huge play...if they stay great if they go I wish em well...we need animals on both sides of the ball,,,

Porter would return as our most talented DT. I would say that is pretty vital for a unit ranked 120th last year and that is trying to make vast improvements this upcoming year. Once Henderson got into shape/rhythm, he was also extremely effective and it also allows Flowers to stay as a swing tackle. It would be devastating if they were all to leave.

I don't think we have to worry about that though.

Saw the headline on the home page didn't even think about them declaring..... Confident

/The first thing I thought was Golden trying to build 3 main senior leaders for this team in the next upcoming season
//FYI I talked to someone about a month ago and they said they were confident Seantrel and Porter were staying.
///Also having Linder in the three just ruins any shot at them turning pro. Also I doubt his family is in dire need of money usually a factor to push a not completely ready prospect to enter the draft.

Porter would return as our most talented DT. I would say that is pretty vital for a unit ranked 120th last year and that is trying to make vast improvements this upcoming year. Once Henderson got into shape/rhythm, he was also extremely effective and it also allows Flowers to stay as a swing tackle. It would be devastating if they were all to leave.

I don't think we have to worry about that though.

I agree Porter was our most talented guy upfront...yet he does nothing to change the game,,,something has to give. I want them all to stay for sure but when he has no stats to back up his play, I dont see the HUGE loss I see just a loss, We agree on Henderson and Linder...we need depth on the line.

In Dec I swear I read where these guys were staying..I think they announce they are staying to win the ACC and get to a BCS bowl game..IMO

Advertisement
this could be just that Golden and Publicity for recruits.....strong reinforcement for guys wanting change and staying thru think and thin...recruits eat that up...lets hope so

this could be just that Golden and Publicity for recruits.....strong reinforcement for guys wanting change and staying thru think and thin...recruits eat that up...lets hope so

Would be a great PR tool. Optimistic thinking Game. Lets hope this is true.

Also hasn't there been rumblings of Henderson staying for his final year.

Linder always seemed like a 4 year kid.

porter. Who knows

Advertisement
This is like a Jedi mind trick on everyone by Al Golden turning people no one was waiting on their NFL Draft status (LOL at that for people who would be third day/FA to begin with) into good PR.

"These are not the droids you are looking for"...

Haven't seen this mentioned yet - does anyone else think this is just a ploy, by Golden, to build positive energy on the eve of NSD?

Advertisement
Haven't seen this mentioned yet - does anyone else think this is just a ploy, by Golden, to build positive energy on the eve of NSD?

Did you read any of this thread? Been mentioned repeatedly as a ploy, a good PR spin.

...I hope they are just announcing that they are staying. Don't know why you need a press conference for that though. We've been waiting for official word on guys like Henderson and Porter since the season ended. None of them should leave and hopefully this is just a PR opportunity for the program where they can re-affirm their commitment to the program.
What I was thinking..

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
i'm sure NFL GMS will be tuned in. LOL...

I think they'll stay. I see a united we believe Al is special and we will have a big 2013.

Did you read any of this thread? Been mentioned repeatedly as a ploy, a good PR spin.

Sarcasm. I'm sure the guy was using it here....

Yes, now that I have had some coffee, believe you are right. My bad. Hard to separate from the inane posts that arent being sarcastic.

We skate.

matt Barkley held a press conference last year to announce he was staying. I think this is the same idea. Cant remember a press conference to announce people were leaving early, much less a three way joint press conference to announce leaving early. I'm confident they stay.

If they hold a conference to announce they're leaving they should have rotten fruit thrown at them and get booed off the stage.

Advertisement
Back