Golden On ESPN

We were undefeated until our best player got hurt and missed the rest of the season while only a year over a NCAA investigation. I think most want to be optimistic rather than focusing on the past.

Anyone who believes that **** either doesn't know a thing about football or didn't watch a single Canes game last year.

We were undefeated because we played St Brendans 7 times. The line above is the typical crap that Golden spews in his perpetual line of excuses.

Sedano or one of these kiss asses needs to hammer him with real questions about the defense, or lack thereof. These softball tossing interviews are nothing more than glorified cheerleading sessions that the Don Bailey Jr disciples on this board love to eat up.

Over/under on number of times I get called a mope now....

I see a lot of posters who are against Golden say he makes all these excuses. Help me out here because after the FSU game he said there wasn't an excuse. When questioned about the defense he said it's "all on me". So is Golden really making excuses?

What exactly does that mean though...its all on me? when people are blaming him for the defensive ineptitude all i hear is crying. Just face the truth you will never get many Miami fans to be cool and think our defensive atrocity is a process. When Ponder ran for it felt like 300 yards in 08 and then GT ran for nearly 500....i never thought id seen worse defense....and we have. I remember the outrage after those performances. Now we have people saying its ok or trying to explain away.

Advertisement
I love Duke. He is one **** of a football player but hes never gone off vs Elite teams

6 for 19 vs KSU
8 for 22 vs ND
9 for 27 vs FSU
21 for 59 vs UF

He was having a decent game vs FSU 23 for 97 but we were losing anyway

I also semi-blame Golden for Duke's injury. 4th and 2 he lined up in the most predictable run formation ever and Duke gets killed. And what I mean by most predictable he had Malcolm in the game and last year whenever he was in that meant run.

If I know that Lewis is in means run or that Kendall Thompkins in 2012 means run you better believe that FSU and our opponents know also

And for the we were undefeated before Duke got hurt crowd. FSU was up 3 TDs with Duke healthy
Crawford was great vs UNC another Duke injury game. Our D still sucked. He was also 19 for 115 vs Duke a game which our D gave up 48

Anyone who believes losing your best player has big a influence on your teams success doesn't know a thing?

492.gif

Relatively speaking in context of the outcomes of the remaining games?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Are you attempting to insinuate that simply adding Duke to our lineup means we magically beat Louisville in that last game?

Unless Duke can play defense, or at least coordinate a defense.....the result would have been similar.

I mean, it would have been hella nice to have Duke and his 6.3 y/a. Would have done wonders for our O. Maybe sustain a few drives longer, let the defense rest up.

Would of helped if he had a big punt return and flip the field position.

Would have been nice.

A couple of sustained drives and a punt return would not even have come close to curtailing the *** whooping that Bridgewater put on Onfrio's God forsaken excuse for a defense.

Unless you can convince me Duke would have taken Onfrio's job....I simply can't buy your argument. At least not from a material standpoint in relation to the impact on the final score.

I'm in no way knocking Duke....I'm simply saying that even if you inserted Marcus Allen into last year's team...that defense is still an abomination and keeps us from beating any team with a pulse.

In my opinion, our troubles last year came from a few things:

1.) Guys on defense not knowing where to line up, not knowing their assignments.......... For this you can blame the coaches, or you can blame the lack of leaders on the defense. Remains to be seen if they can get that fixed this year. If you want to be an optimist, you can say well they've got Denzel in the middle and they've got Dallas at safety, between those two guys they should have some on-the-field leadership next year and players should know their ******* job. If you want to be a pessimist - it's all the same coaches as last year so...

2.) Not getting the right personnel packages in.... been discussed, they need to do a better job point blank of getting the right sub packages in more quickly.

3.) Lack of talent, especially at the safety position. Highsmith and Rodgers were just awful. And safety is a very important position in football. In this case we're trending up.

Now on offense...

1.) Duke was hurt, Dallas was not a good RB.. Now we've got Duke back, and we've got Yearby, and Gus has a college offseason under his belt. Much happier about the RB position this year.

2.) Morris was the most overrated QB ever in the history of the world. God bless the young man, but holy **** was he a bad QB. Go watch the North Carolina or Louisville games if you want to see how a QB can single handedly lose you a game. Cannon for an arm, couldn't make one read on the field. Just dumb as a sack of potatoes. Hopefully the new guy does a better job, whoever he is.

3.) Too many drops by Clive Walford. I like Clive Walford. He could play in the NFL one day, I believe that. Needs to work on those hands, though. I would have benched him last year, but Al Golden is more patient than I am I reckon.

Last edited:
Offense was too predictable they also never threw the ball in the middle of the field. On defense everything needed to be simplified. If Deon Bush healthy coach D should make him play closer to the line of scrimmage and get physical with wide receivers.

Advertisement
Anyone who believes losing your best player has big a influence on your teams success doesn't know a thing?

492.gif

Relatively speaking in context of the outcomes of the remaining games?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Are you attempting to insinuate that simply adding Duke to our lineup means we magically beat Louisville in that last game?

Unless Duke can play defense, or at least coordinate a defense.....the result would have been similar.

I mean, it would have been hella nice to have Duke and his 6.3 y/a. Would have done wonders for our O. Maybe sustain a few drives longer, let the defense rest up.

Would of helped if he had a big punt return and flip the field position.

Would have been nice.

A couple of sustained drives and a punt return would not even have come close to curtailing the *** whooping that Bridgewater put on Onfrio's God forsaken excuse for a defense.

Unless you can convince me Duke would have taken Onfrio's job....I simply can't buy your argument. At least not from a material standpoint in relation to the impact on the final score.

I'm in no way knocking Duke....I'm simply saying that even if you inserted Marcus Allen into last year's team...that defense is still an abomination and keeps us from beating any team with a pulse.

If it has to be explained in detail how a player like DJ has an affect on a game, I can't help you.

no sense in continuing.

Can't wait for Sep 1st.

Go Canes

We were undefeated until our best player got hurt and missed the rest of the season while only a year over a NCAA investigation. I think most want to be optimistic rather than focusing on the past.

Anyone who believes that **** either doesn't know a thing about football or didn't watch a single Canes game last year.

We were undefeated because we played St Brendans 7 times. The line above is the typical crap that Golden spews in his perpetual line of excuses.

Sedano or one of these kiss asses needs to hammer him with real questions about the defense, or lack thereof. These softball tossing interviews are nothing more than glorified cheerleading sessions that the Don Bailey Jr disciples on this board love to eat up.

Over/under on number of times I get called a mope now....

I see a lot of posters who are against Golden say he makes all these excuses. Help me out here because after the FSU game he said there wasn't an excuse. When questioned about the defense he said it's "all on me". So is Golden really making excuses?

What exactly does that mean though...its all on me? when people are blaming him for the defensive ineptitude all i hear is crying. Just face the truth you will never get many Miami fans to be cool and think our defensive atrocity is a process. When Ponder ran for it felt like 300 yards in 08 and then GT ran for nearly 500....i never thought id seen worse defense....and we have. I remember the outrage after those performances. Now we have people saying its ok or trying to explain away.

"It's all on me" generally means it's my fault or I have to step up and fix this. Both of which are the opposite of excuse making...

Advertisement
ICYMI earlier, here's @GoldenAl chatting with @SedanoESPN on "The Herd": http://gocan.es/1n0oFN0

[video=youtube;ZHKeHt8PMZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKeHt8PMZg[/video]

Wouldn't trade this Coach for anybody in the country.
He tried to trade your *** for Pedo St tho lol.
Doubly lucky to have him.
Man's world-class, you can see what's in front of you now, or wait two years for NCs and an ESPN-led bandwagon of fake fans to tell you so. DOn't matter to me. This dude, there's no better.

Going into last season there was 1 player we knew we could not lose and still be successful. We lost that player mid season.

Duke wasn't the one that allowed Dook to rush for 300 yards against us.

He wasn't the one that couldn't stop VT when we needed to.

He wasn't the one that was baffled by Louisville's "amoeba" front and allowed Bridgewater to throw for a career single-game passing yard record.

Having Duke may have made those games look less pathetic, but we still would have lost to those teams.

Dismissing the Duke injury to further the defense sucks discussion is why there is such a division on this board.

So he may have helped the team, but we definitely would have still lost all those games. Not so sure about that.

Offense, defense and special teams impact each other. You also have to score more points than the opponent to win the game. Without our best offensive players it is harder to do that.

When your QB can't complete more than 58% of his passes, losing your most explosive play-making WR and arguably the most dynamic running back in the nation is a big deal. Should it be used as major excuse? Aaaaaaaale nah.

Advertisement
Man's world-class, you can see what's in front of you now, or wait two years for NCs and an ESPN-led bandwagon of fake fans to tell you so. DOn't matter to me. This dude, there's no better.

Ok Al, just make sure you have them boys jacked and ready to play come Labor Day.

Advertisement
ICYMI earlier, here's @GoldenAl chatting with @SedanoESPN on "The Herd": http://gocan.es/1n0oFN0

[video=youtube;ZHKeHt8PMZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKeHt8PMZg[/video]

Wouldn't trade this Coach for anybody in the country.
He tried to trade your *** for Pedo St tho lol.

509.gif

how does that ******* go on TV and pretend to be a football coach? takes a lot of ******* nerve to go on national TV and pull off that fraud. especially when you know that he knows that the interviewers know that he is straight garbage and are likely mocking him off camera

Advertisement
Back