Fuc_k You Bleacher Report

Call me crazy but.....

I think Duke comes back next year. With this new trend where kids are getting insurance to make sure they still get paid in the event of an injury, I think its a legit possibility, and the school can now assist in paying that premium....just a thought. If Duke stays, Kaaya in his second year, we would be something serious next year. If he doesn't graduate soon, and we have a sub-par season, I can see it happening.

Duke's apparently getting his degree in the Spring. He has no reason to come back.

Advertisement
Duke is a 3rd rounder at best.
I find it absurd that they don't have any Canes projected to go in the first round. No Duke, no Denzel, and in my opinion if Dorsett keeps this pace up he will skyrocket up the rounds. Pretty ridiculous. I don't know what Bleacher Report and ESPN have against Miami. In the words of the great Marshawn Lynch "Fuc_k 'em."

Bro if we won games these kids could cash in lol but from the looks of things canes are still having success in the nfl allen Hurns is looking pretty good

I must agree with BR somewhat. Perryman could go that high but like others have said it will depend on team needs, combine so on. If DP was 6'2" he would definitely go in the first IMO.

Dorsett is not a 1st rounder. He is too one dimensional. I think he would be a great fit for Philadelphia in Chip Kelly's offense. He could make defenses pay over the top. Philadelphia has so many weapons in the short and intermediate passing game to go along with their potent rushing attack. Dorsett would add a deadly new dimension.

The fact that Erick Flowers is not looked upon as a first rounder is a clear indictment of our staff specifically one Arthur Francis Kehoe.

I think NFL teams will look at Duke Johnson as more than a typical running back. He will be viewed as a deadly multifaceted offensive weapon. He can run the ball he can kill you in the passing game and return kicks and punts. Add to that the intangibles like leadership, work ethic, great attitude and coachability and his value really increases. Its possible he goes in the first because of that.

Duke could be everything that Reggie Bush was supposed to be. He could be a stronger bigger taller version of Darren Sproles with much better running skills.
A Jamal Charles type but better.

*****Duke could be fantasy football ppr gold lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
### ESPN’s Todd McShay envisions UM linebacker Denzel Perryman as a late first-rounder, but not everyone is convinced. “He’s a third-, fourth-round pick,” draft analyst Tony Pauline said. “He’s not [above] six feet, which will turn a lot of people off. How does he defend 6-5 tight ends?”…

Pauline calls junior Duke Johnson a top 40 pick, receiver Phillip Dorsett a second- or third-rounder, defensive end Anthony Chickillo a mid-to-late round pick, and center Shane McDermott and tight end Clive Walford late-round picks.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ayaum-chatter-heat-marlins.html#storylink=cpy

Flowers has the best chance. Tackles with a nasty attitude and who can pass protect shoot up the ranks. If he declares and aces the combine and individual workouts, he could easily move into the first round. Nobody thought Ju'Waun James was a first rounder last year but so far he has graded out very well.

Greg Robinson had penalty issues at Auburn yet was selected second. And it's hardly true that Flowers punked Gregory of Nebraska. They seldom lined up against each other. When they did, both guys had some standout plays. Gregory bent Flowers backwards on one pass rush early in the game and knocked off his helmet on another. Later in the game Flowers recovered and Gregory was not as aggressive.

I can't see Perryman before middle second round and more likely the third.

Canes used to be the default pick for most NFL teams -- if you didn't have a player you really wanted, pick the Cane playing that position. Our guys came out like 3rd year pros. Premiums were willing paid to get a Cane. Now were are clearance rank stuff, purchased at discount. DP and Flowers might have shot at 1st round but teams could pass on them hoping to get them later. RBs don't usually go first round anymore, so I would not expect Duke to. However, he is a good NFL package with blocking and pass catching skills so he will go fairly high. Gurley will go before Duke but the team that takes him will regret in in couple years --UGA is burning the tread off him big time, Bama style. Duke will have productive long career -- if he keeps his head away from knees. Flowers will go fairly high but is better to come back for 4th year.

### ESPN’s Todd McShay envisions UM linebacker Denzel Perryman as a late first-rounder, but not everyone is convinced. “He’s a third-, fourth-round pick,” draft analyst Tony Pauline said. “He’s not [above] six feet, which will turn a lot of people off. How does he defend 6-5 tight ends?”…

Pauline calls junior Duke Johnson a top 40 pick, receiver Phillip Dorsett a second- or third-rounder, defensive end Anthony Chickillo a mid-to-late round pick, and center Shane McDermott and tight end Clive Walford late-round picks.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ayaum-chatter-heat-marlins.html#storylink=cpy

I seem to remember this Tony Pauline guy insisting that Manziel was going to be a top 5 pick too. Not that any of these Draft prognosticators are all that great but I can see Perryman being in high demand early by several traditionally "smart" teams. Would make me sick but I keep envisioning him ending up in New England.

Advertisement

I love my canes but Pauline is a moron. Chick, Waldorf and McD won't get drafted. Jmo.

Walford has an outside shot

Other than Duke, all of the rest should come back. Right now Flowers is the only guy I would say has a shot at round 1. I think we have other Linebackers on this team right now with a higher ceiling than DP. Most of the first rounders on this squad are in years 1 or 2, or currently suspended.

BTW, If I'm an NFL guy grading our WRs I've got Coley on top, and I may have Waters second.

Advertisement
Call me crazy but.....

I think Duke comes back next year. With this new trend where kids are getting insurance to make sure they still get paid in the event of an injury, I think its a legit possibility, and the school can now assist in paying that premium....just a thought. If Duke stays, Kaaya in his second year, we would be something serious next year. If he doesn't graduate soon, and we have a sub-par season, I can see it happening.

you're crazy

I use to believe in the anti-Miami bias, but I no longer believe it is there. A few asshats here and there maybe, but not any sort of industry-wide conspiracy. We really are just irrelevant.

why all the prime time games

We are still a draw for television, but irrelevant in the sense that we aren't even worth having a negative bias over. We are irrelevant that if people aren't projecting some of our players to go 1st round it is probably because they are not legitimate first round picks.

Also, plenty of teams get prime time games. UNC vs Duke on a Thursday night later this year. They either have never been relevant or haven't for an extremely long time.

We're getting 6 games right?

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to make the argument that primetime games equates to relevance? Part of that equation for primetime slots is the other team too. A team can have name brand recognition while still not being relevant in terms of making waves during the seasons or in the media. Just look at Miami vs Nebraska. Both teams haven't been relevant for years, but we got the primetime slot because a Big Ten vs ACC matchup of two storied programs that use to decide National Titles. There was a lot of material to feature before leading up to the game that was better presented in the evening then at 11 am.

here's the thing:

if you don't like what you read at Bleacher report, go ahead and write your own articles there!!!

Advertisement

I seem to remember this Tony Pauline guy insisting that Manziel was going to be a top 5 pick too. Not that any of these Draft prognosticators are all that great but I can see Perryman being in high demand early by several traditionally "smart" teams. Would make me sick but I keep envisioning him ending up in New England.

Like when Vilma was picked by the Jets and Wilfork with the Pats. Made me puke....

I use to believe in the anti-Miami bias, but I no longer believe it is there. A few asshats here and there maybe, but not any sort of industry-wide conspiracy. We really are just irrelevant.

why all the prime time games

We are still a draw for television, but irrelevant in the sense that we aren't even worth having a negative bias over. We are irrelevant that if people aren't projecting some of our players to go 1st round it is probably because they are not legitimate first round picks.

Also, plenty of teams get prime time games. UNC vs Duke on a Thursday night later this year. They either have never been relevant or haven't for an extremely long time.

We're getting 6 games right?

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to make the argument that primetime games equates to relevance? Part of that equation for primetime slots is the other team too. A team can have name brand recognition while still not being relevant in terms of making waves during the seasons or in the media. Just look at Miami vs Nebraska. Both teams haven't been relevant for years, but we got the primetime slot because a Big Ten vs ACC matchup of two storied programs that use to decide National Titles. There was a lot of material to feature before leading up to the game that was better presented in the evening then at 11 am.

No argument we haven't been relevant in the win columns but the school still carries weight in between productive nfl players and college standouts this is the most talent rich part of the country in regards to football everyone wants to see Miami talent even if the coaching staff sucks scouts and everyone else around the country knows there's potential the Miami bias does exist especially in the next level not just the school the area South Florida doesn't get no love these guys get to league and ball.....

Chick will get drafted, and it wouldnt surprise me if he balled out in the league, duke is 2nd-5th rounder just based on the fact that he is a RB, same rounds for dorsett his speed is elite, DP is a first round talent but i can see him dropping, i can see some GM trickery in that regard, but whichever round he is drafted in he will ball in the league

Advertisement
Back