Fuc_k You Bleacher Report

Advertisement
You're thinking Butch Davis is our coach.

He's the one who loads up the NFL with first rounders. And second. And so on.

Miami players really won't receive respect until Miami starts winning again. It's obvious that we have talent when you see former canes playing in the NFL. Denzell is probably the best MLB, Duke one of the best rbs, Flowers a major O-lineman and Dorsett possibly the faster player in the draft. If we were playing at a high level, not one of those players would last pass the second round. Hurns is proof that talented Miami players get drafted lower than they should have because we're not winning. Dude broke a record for the U but the NFL acting like he came out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Erick Flowers has only played 1 penalty free game this season.

He punkd Gregory from the Cornholes and punks pretty much everyone that lines up in front of him but....

1st round LT's don't get penalized basically every single game like he does.

If Flowers stays a year he'll be a first rounder. But **** at this point I'd be happy with a second rounder. I mean our best young pro prospect went undrafted. Any second day pick is an improvement.

I use to believe in the anti-Miami bias, but I no longer believe it is there. A few asshats here and there maybe, but not any sort of industry-wide conspiracy. We really are just irrelevant.

why all the prime time games

We are still a draw for television, but irrelevant in the sense that we aren't even worth having a negative bias over. We are irrelevant that if people aren't projecting some of our players to go 1st round it is probably because they are not legitimate first round picks.

Also, plenty of teams get prime time games. UNC vs Duke on a Thursday night later this year. They either have never been relevant or haven't for an extremely long time.

Perryman is the only 1st-2nd rounder we have on the team. physically he is NFL ready. he can tackle,run, come downhill. his height, pass coverage and awareness only because he looks lost at times no matter who the coach is, its going to be a negative on film and it will hurt him and drop him to the 2nd round IMO. I would not be suprise to see him go to the seattle seahawks.

Advertisement
I use to believe in the anti-Miami bias, but I no longer believe it is there. A few asshats here and there maybe, but not any sort of industry-wide conspiracy. We really are just irrelevant.

why all the prime time games

We are still a draw for television, but irrelevant in the sense that we aren't even worth having a negative bias over. We are irrelevant that if people aren't projecting some of our players to go 1st round it is probably because they are not legitimate first round picks.

Also, plenty of teams get prime time games. UNC vs Duke on a Thursday night later this year. They either have never been relevant or haven't for an extremely long time.

We're getting 6 games right?

1. Running backs in the first round are a dying species. The NFL is primarily a passing league, so unless you're getting a franchise specimen like Adrian Peterson or some such, it's maybe 50/50 Duke goes that high. I can see a team in the 20's taking him, but Top 15 is out of the question. Also, Gurley will go before Duke, as a point of comparison.

2. What exactly has Dorsett shown that merits first round ability? He can run a 9 route like nobody else in college, but is slight of build, hasn't shown a propensity for running other routes other than the aforementioned, and doesn't show a tremendous amount of "wiggle" in his physical traits. Doesn't get in and out of breaks anywhere near as well as Allen Hurns, and he had over 1000 yards last season and wasn't even drafted. Granted, running a 4.2something at the combine will do a lot for him, and there's a chance someone at the end of the 1st takes a looooooong shot, but again, Dorsett doesn't scream "1st round lock!" to me. He's like Ted Ginn minus the return ability, so unless the Dolphins or the Raiders do something stupid, he likely won't go that early.

3. Perryman is the most likely to go in the 1st, because athletic, hard hitting LBs with good size and instincts don't grow on trees. I agree that he should be somewhere up there, but a lot will ride on his combine and how the rest of this season plays out. Unless he bombs the combine, I can't see somebody like San Francisco or Pittsburgh not taking him if he's available in the bottom half of the first round. He should be starting next year, someone will stick him on the outside and he'll be a terror.

Exactly. RBs aren't exactly valued commodities, and unless there is a dearth of talent at other positions, you won't likely see a lot go in Rd 1. Duke is a likely Rd 2 candidate, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Dorsett, he's probably a rd 3 pick, a la Mike Wallace. If he were better in the return game, his stock would be higher.

Perryman is the only hope.

1. Running backs in the first round are a dying species. The NFL is primarily a passing league, so unless you're getting a franchise specimen like Adrian Peterson or some such, it's maybe 50/50 Duke goes that high. I can see a team in the 20's taking him, but Top 15 is out of the question. Also, Gurley will go before Duke, as a point of comparison.

2. What exactly has Dorsett shown that merits first round ability? He can run a 9 route like nobody else in college, but is slight of build, hasn't shown a propensity for running other routes other than the aforementioned, and doesn't show a tremendous amount of "wiggle" in his physical traits. Doesn't get in and out of breaks anywhere near as well as Allen Hurns, and he had over 1000 yards last season and wasn't even drafted. Granted, running a 4.2something at the combine will do a lot for him, and there's a chance someone at the end of the 1st takes a looooooong shot, but again, Dorsett doesn't scream "1st round lock!" to me. He's like Ted Ginn minus the return ability, so unless the Dolphins or the Raiders do something stupid, he likely won't go that early.

3. Perryman is the most likely to go in the 1st, because athletic, hard hitting LBs with good size and instincts don't grow on trees. I agree that he should be somewhere up there, but a lot will ride on his combine and how the rest of this season plays out. Unless he bombs the combine, I can't see somebody like San Francisco or Pittsburgh not taking him if he's available in the bottom half of the first round. He should be starting next year, someone will stick him on the outside and he'll be a terror.

Exactly. RBs aren't exactly valued commodities, and unless there is a dearth of talent at other positions, you won't likely see a lot go in Rd 1. Duke is a likely Rd 2 candidate, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Dorsett, he's probably a rd 3 pick, a la Mike Wallace. If he were better in the return game, his stock would be higher.

Perryman is the only hope.

2nd Round is the new 1st for running backs it seems.

Phillips? Meh. 4 catches for a bajillion yards against Ark. St is about the only time he has done much. Fast. But not fast enough to manage a reception against Duke (though arguably he did have one that was overturned by officials).

Agree on Perryman being the only potential 1st Rounder and I think, like others have indicated, it will come down to how he performs at the combine.

Duke , Flowers Perryman and maybe Walford will be top 2 round picks . I don't see how Perryman is a late first rounder though.

Advertisement
I love everything about Duke but if the Draft were held tomorrow he's a 3rd rounder and even that might be a stretch. The kid has A LOT left to prove this season to a league that is devaluing his position by the minute.

Advertisement
Call me crazy but.....

I think Duke comes back next year. With this new trend where kids are getting insurance to make sure they still get paid in the event of an injury, I think its a legit possibility, and the school can now assist in paying that premium....just a thought. If Duke stays, Kaaya in his second year, we would be something serious next year. If he doesn't graduate soon, and we have a sub-par season, I can see it happening.

I find it absurd that they don't have any Canes projected to go in the first round. No Duke, no Denzel, and in my opinion if Dorsett keeps this pace up he will skyrocket up the rounds. Pretty ridiculous. I don't know what Bleacher Report and ESPN have against Miami. In the words of the great Marshawn Lynch "Fuc_k 'em."

That's because they probably aren't first rounders.

Agree with thus. Perryman a 2nd rounder. Duke 2nd - 3rd. Dorsett later maybe 4th - 5th. Perryman will be a big time contributor. Duke ??? needs to get on right team. Dorsett, not sure about. Has to improve his cuts, or be more physical to get off the line. Hurns was a better NFL prospect on my opinion. Would love to see Perryman on the Eagles. They could a big time run stopper like him at LBer.

Miami players really won't receive respect until Miami starts winning again. It's obvious that we have talent when you see former canes playing in the NFL. Denzell is probably the best MLB, Duke one of the best rbs, Flowers a major O-lineman and Dorsett possibly the faster player in the draft. If we were playing at a high level, not one of those players would last pass the second round. Hurns is proof that talented Miami players get drafted lower than they should have because we're not winning. Dude broke a record for the U but the NFL acting like he came out of nowhere.

This right here. Its really absurd to me. But its true. If we were winning none of those talents would make it past the 2nd round.

Ah how about bcuz nobody deserves to be? Duke isnt a second rounder IMO. perryman is too short. & idk about flowers. I think Dorsett is gonna be that WOW guy at the combine bcuz of he's 40 & he'll be taken higher then we think.

Advertisement
Back