Official Fall PractiSe #14: Scrimmage 2

Players don't always progress from year to year in college. Sometimes they take a step back or just stay the same. The facts are that our new scheme is a lot more difficult to run then our old one. Rhett lashlee masked a lot of our issues on offense and just simplied things and ran a very generic up tempo spread offense that helped out our offensive line and gave our QB easy reads.

We're not doing that this year unless Gattis and Mario completely alter their scheme. Yes we have better coaching this year but the sceme is a lot more difficult on everyone especially the OL and QB.
So your prediction, Sir, that TVD will not improve, the OL will not be better with Mario coaching and our TE's room is not better than last year.
Ok, no more discussion from me, Sir. You won the argument.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mesidor is 20 +pounds bigger than last year. He’ll play inside on a lot of passing downs. Which will allow Harvey , Agude , Kelly , Chantz , ER and others to rush the passer. JL will be used the same as Messidor and had played that role well at SC. We have a roster of hybrid guys to play inside and out which is perfect for defending todays offenses. Elijah is another one that fits that hybrid role. The DL will be used in waves and we have the depth to play a lot of guys by situations.
Who would you say is the best pass rusher on the roster (and why is it N Kelly)? Do you think there is anyone capable of getting >8 sacks?

Some guys performed. Some guys did not. Coaches pushed them long and hard and the fit guys showed their fitness. The guys who did not prepare got shown up. There were big plays and there were drops. Spots are not settled and can still be won or lost.
The only question I had was whether Mario wrote that summary before or after the scrimmage. Important skill to feed reporters and not actually say anything.

Is it possible the WR’s dropping passes are an issue in just about every football program? I would bet we would read the same criticism on almost every message board.
Good point. All receivers on all teams drop passes. No idea if we dropped more in our practices than other teams.

Best though are the fans who argue our wrs can't get open and if they somehow do get open they drop the pass.

Advertisement
Mesidor is 20 +pounds bigger than last year. He’ll play inside on a lot of passing downs. Which will allow Harvey , Agude , Kelly , Chantz , ER and others to rush the passer. JL will be used the same as Messidor and had played that role well at SC. We have a roster of hybrid guys to play inside and out which is perfect for defending todays offenses. Elijah is another one that fits that hybrid role. The DL will be used in waves and we have the depth to play a lot of guys by situations.
Hey 🐐 @Cribby . Don’t leave out LT56! I’ll hang up & listen

Advertisement
Wife is a buckeye fan so I watch the games usually. Wilson was the real deal, dropped 6 passes total in his career there. Olave had some struggles.
JSN might be the best of them all. My brother is a die hard Buckeye fan. Think they win it this year. Hope they hang 60 on Golden and Manny’s defenses.

His HS tape in case anyone is interested...played mostly safety and wr at a pretty good hs in NC.

Ok im kind of STAR ***** to a degree. I just watched his tape and you guys tell me this kid just doesn't have that random no star talent that we all know so well. I know im being a bit silly but doesn't he resemble another nobody 2* from way back in the day from that other state. Yes I know he's a walk on, but fck you dont know what you got till you know what you got.

Oregon had over half their starters out against Utah including their entire skill positions- RB, WR, TE.

They were depleted along the lines and LB last year also. Mirabal was shuffling the line all year. Even when they rolled Ohio State in Columbus they had a ton of injuries.
Facts. That's a big part of what made that road win so impressive. The 2021 Oregon team was a walking mash unit from the beginning of the season to the end. By the time they got to the Utah game/games the Ducks were beat up and completely exhausted and knew that their beloved HC was gonzo. All this in addition to one greatly overlooked fact. Utah was the better football team hands down end of story.

Advertisement
Mario said both Balom and Blades working well at safety,

Also, It appears coach Addae prefers more mirror press coverage on the island and moving bigger DB's inside to Safety, nickel and even star.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back