Official Fall PractiSe #14: Scrimmage 2

Advertisement
Couch looks alot bigger. Like a different person.
Scott Hall Sport GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
The more I see some of the things being said and done by some posters, the more I appreciate you as a source of stability here.
Hold on friend.......
Maybe it was a prediction on my part that the offense will be better. But the points I stated to support that were not really predictions.

It is a fact that TVD will be more experienced, not a prediction. He has to be a real bum not to improve from year 1 to year 2.

It is a fact that Mario is an OL player who coaches OL and takes pride in his OL play. This is not a prediction it is a fact. Yes I predicted that it will improve the OL hence improves the offense. But you seem to agree with that Bama fan who says it is wishful thinking LOL

Mallory is back and our TE's room is a better. A fact. My prediction is it will help the offense. Am I way off for saying that?

A Bama fan tells a Miami fan that it is wishful thinking to say all those facts will help the offense. That Bama fan's prediction, which many here (strangely enough) agree with that our offense will be worse than last year because we have the same players who will not get better under a HC who is 10 times better than the previous coach.
"some of the things being said by some posters" :)

Last edited:
That's fine, nobody bats 1000 in coaching, and people need to start acknowledging that Whittingham is a very good coach. Not like Mario got beat by a D2 squad or something.
Didn't Saban get got by Kevin Sumlin? Didn't tarnish Saban coaching accumen. Going undefeated is harder than people think. If 01' canes had to squeak one out against BC. Point is even the great coaches get got.

Didn't Saban get got by Kevin Sumlin? Didn't tarnish Saban coaching accumen. Going undefeated is harder than people think. If 01' canes had to squeak one out against BC. Point is even the great coaches get got.
You pretty much reiterated what I was saying

Advertisement
I feel like drops have been an issue as long as I could remember with the WR’s. Would love to see that not be an issue this year especially with this possibly being Van Dyke’s last year.
Is it possible the WR’s dropping passes are an issue in just about every football program? I would bet we would read the same criticism on almost every message board.

I don’t see Brian Balom in that picture. I think Malik Curtis is in the background.

Advertisement
Is it possible the WR’s dropping passes are an issue in just about every football program? I would bet we would read the same criticism on almost every message board.
Not with the elite programs. Didn’t see many drops from the 3 studs Osu had last year.

Hold on friend.......
Maybe it was a prediction on my part that the offense will be better. But the points I stated to support that were not really predictions.

It is a fact that DVD will be more experienced, not a prediction. He has to be a real bum not to improve from year 1 to year 2.

It is a fact that Mario is an OL player who coaches OL and takes pride in his OL play. This is not a prediction it is a fact. Yes I predicted that it will improve the OL hence improves the offense. But you seem to agree with that Bama fan who says it is wishful thinking LOL

Mallory is back and our TE's room is a better. A fact. My prediction is it will help the offense. Am I way off for saying that?

A Bama fan tells a Miami fan that it is wishful thinking to say all those facts will help the offense. That Bama fan's prediction, which many here (strangely enough) agree with that our offense will be worse than last year because we have the same players who will not get better under a HC who is 10 times better than the previous coach.
"some of the things being said by some posters" :)
Players don't always progress from year to year in college. Sometimes they take a step back or just stay the same. The facts are that our new scheme is a lot more difficult to run then our old one. Rhett lashlee masked a lot of our issues on offense and just simplied things and ran a very generic up tempo spread offense that helped out our offensive line and gave our QB easy reads.

We're not doing that this year unless Gattis and Mario completely alter their scheme. Yes we have better coaching this year but the sceme is a lot more difficult on everyone especially the OL and QB.

Interesting how no one mentioned Cristobal extending scrimmage and reporting that players were suffering from the heat.

I guess at the beginning things looked good and then slowly started to get worse as the heat worked on the players.

That's hard to imagine.

To do so, we'd have to assume Mario expects zero let-off - from start to finish . . . naaaaahhhh!

Advertisement
Not **** near the whole team and not every year like here

Advertisement
Back