Official Fall PractiSe #14: Scrimmage 2

I don’t think the German has the strength to be productive inside. I thought all his work was on the outside at SC? Mesidor needs to stay outside, he will be a difference maker there. The tape shows he also got pushed around inside at WV although he was solid there. Let’s see what happens. Also, I should have further clarified when I mentioned College Station in my first post, all my comparisons and thoughts are related to how we look against teams like 8-4 and Clemson. There is no doubt in my mind that we have the talent to beat and perform well against anyone in the ACC Coastal.

Come on Bobby!! Get it together! You’re better than this bro!

Advertisement

Come on Bobby!! Get it together!

This type of **** gets posted every off season til the games start and we find that the fans that were labeled soft and such were right the whole time. Can’t wait for Mario to prove me wrong and I think he will in time but I have major concerns we struggle against 8-4 and Clemson his first year til he really upgrades the talent here.

This type of **** gets posted every off season til the games start and we find that the fans that were labeled soft and such were right the whole time. Can’t wait for Mario to prove me wrong and I think he will in time but I have major concerns we struggle against 8-4 and Clemson his first year til he really upgrades the talent here.
And this should be where the coaching upgrades come into play. We haven't had a staff like this in a long time and that will likely factor heavily when we play teams with equal or greater talent.

And this should be where the coaching upgrades come into play. We haven't had a staff like this in a long time and that will likely factor heavily when we play teams with equal or greater talent.
Until we lose a game then everyone will bring up Utah and how Mario is more of a recruiter than coach.

Advertisement
It’s all good. I’m just messin with ya! I hear what you’re saying about the talent though. But do not for one second discount the upgrade we have here in regards to coaching. This staff is night and day compared to the recent staphs we’ve had to endure and a lil football ptsd has set in amongst a lot of Canes fans. Coaching is where we will see the biggest improvement right away and that in itself should even the playing field when we strap up for TAMU. We have the talent. We finally have a competent coaching staff to coach ‘em up. We gonna be fine bro!!

Oregon had over half their starters out against Utah including their entire skill positions- RB, WR, TE.

They were depleted along the lines and LB last year also. Mirabal was shuffling the line all year. Even when they rolled Ohio State in Columbus they had a ton of injuries.

Advertisement
Soooooo

We know Flagg is not the fastest most athletic guy

Is it crazy to think he can contribute with better coaching and a better feel for a system?

One thing that certainly doesn’t help a limited speed LB is not being entirely sure where he’s supposed to be going
I can see him improving greatly in this scheme, the manny diaz TFL or die scheme is a linebacker killer; shaq and pick did well in it because they were really good but also when they had a bunch of NFL dudes in front of them..

DL is the strongest unit on the team. With multiple guys who can play inside or out. Defense as a whole is the least of our worries. It’ll be a good group.
Their starting Oline averages 325 and their left tackle is 6-8. Tamu will try to establish the run. Who ever wins this battle will win the game. This is all super obvious and applies to most football games but nevertheless will be true on the 17th

This part is very true and it’s the part that makes me wonder just how good can we be? Our coaching has been laughable for too long, so I expect improvement I’m just not sure how much in the first year. In terms of DT, I don’t see it as a strength right now. JHH and LT are potential and just that. D Jackson is that dude by all accounts but still young. After that we have some bodies and that’s it. I like what we have at DE right now though.

Give me talented freshmen who play with their hair on fire and good coaching. You need that energy to push everyone else and raise the ceiling, but not realize the moment is too big for them.

This new coaching staff and the mindset their instilling? It's just different.

I'm more worried about what we/'ll do to each other than what other teams will do to us...

Their starting Oline averages 325 and their left tackle is 6-8. Tamu will try to establish the run. Who ever wins this battle will win the game. This is all super obvious and applies to most football games but nevertheless will be true on the 17th
Mario took THE DUCKS to the horseshoe and beat OSU. That's the guy we got running the show with a bunch of Saban guys.

He'll have us as prepared, and our elite QB will give us a chance to win each week.

Advertisement
There is no excuse someone can make for WR dropping the ball its their primary job. But I really believe most of it is mental alot of these players were in a lackadaisical environment, doing what they want and not being held accountable. Now that has change I think they are feeling the pressure of competition and the hard coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back