Confirmed ECU PF Brandon Johnson Commits

His HC at ECU was an assistant at UM under Frank Haith. Former Cane guard Jake Morton on same staff as well.

Advertisement
Seems like a very good add, especially since him and Kidd have games that should complement each other well.

There's a lot of work to do still but with Pack returning and landing two immediate starters it's a promising start to portal season for Coach L.

If anyone is interested here are a couple of full games against some of their better competition from a body type standpoint, Houston last year and Florida this year. He actually started and played a decent number of minutes at the 5 in the Houston game. He's a matchup nightmare as a small 5, but obviously he's not as sturdy as Omier so it's not something I think we'll see much but it is a nice wrinkle to have, he has the length and the rebounding chops to mix it in in certain matchups. He held his own down low with Roberts when they were matched up, who isn't a small dude by any stretch. He also seems to have some fight to him, he didn’t have many rebounds against Houston but he was boxing out like crazy and mixing it up pretty good, Houston has been a great offensive rebound team for a while now and he was holding his position well.

Stock also had an interview with an ECU writer where he echoed some of my concerns about his athleticism translating to the ACC, especially if we play him at the 3 spot. Did say he was a guy that's always in the gym and took well to being told he needed to develop his outside game, seems like someone the coaches will like.

Advertisement
Tbh his game doesn’t compare to either but he does have a pretty good back to the basket game like Omier but has a much better set shot / range.

I tend to agree. The first time I saw Miller play in-person, I was amazed, and it's hard to replace a guy like that. But Johnson definitely doesn't have the thickness to pound like Omier does.

Advertisement
Liked this possible add from the getgo and very happy to see it happen. Still would love even more a tested vet PG from portal... as of now looks like could be Pack if we don't get (or grow) someone else.
Pack is not a PG. I think this season showed that. Not strong enough to penetrate and his mindset (correctly), regardless of what his nba eval told him, remains to shoot the ball.

Seemed to do just fine 2 years ago
Just need another creator with him like wong was, someone who can get to the rim and force the defense to collapse. Just take some off of pack’s plate and let him be a secondary creator that can get hot and change the game

Advertisement
Just need another creator with him like wong was, someone who can get to the rim and force the defense to collapse. Just take some off of pack’s plate and let him be a secondary creator that can get hot and change the game
That's going to be Bethea and potentially Cleveland if he comes back. Kidd's presence down low will help as well. I'm more concerned about having another ball handler in the Bensley role that can spell either of our guards.

That's going to be Bethea and potentially Cleveland if he comes back. Kidd's presence down low will help as well. I'm more concerned about having another ball handler in the Bensley role that can spell either of our guards.
Im high on bethea, idk if he can carry that load as a freshman and i dont think Cleveland is that but i do like his game in a smaller role than lead creator. Need a guy who can get downhill consistently , drive and kicks, freethrows etc that raises our ceiling

Advertisement
Jake the Snake! Excellent.
wrestlemania vi wrestling GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Back