Confirmed ECU PF Brandon Johnson Commits

And Walker only started 18 of 32 games. He played a lot of minutes early and he wasn't all that great. Took some time to getting his footing.
Didn’t he miss basically every practice before the season started because of a meniscus tear? Not disagreeing with your point, but I think Walker was much more college ready when he stepped on campus pre-injury than Bethea may be and probably doesn’t start out that way.

Advertisement
If Wooga isn't in the gym working on his dribbling and ball control all during the off season he will lose any sniff at the NBA.
My guess is he's going to going to go through the process in order to get feedback and ultimately portal to another school

Tbh his game doesn’t compare to either but he does have a pretty good back to the basket game like Omier but has a much better set shot / range.
I see a slightly less athletic version of Duke-era Cam Reddish

I'm seeing flashes of a young Robert Horry. Maybe it's the ECU purple/gold he's in that reminds me of Big Shot Rob, and the fact I'm a Lakers fan, but still - his stroke from outside reminds me a lot of Horry.

Advertisement
Kidd allows Chad to move to the 4 which allows Cleveland (if he's back) to share the 3 with Johnson, the 1 & 2 are likely to be a trio sharing minutes, Pack, Bethea and Kyshawn or Wooga if only one is back. Kidd and Johnson take a ton of pressure off Chad and Cleveland.

Didn’t he miss basically every practice before the season started because of a meniscus tear? Not disagreeing with your point, but I think Walker was much more college ready when he stepped on campus pre-injury than Bethea may be and probably doesn’t start out that way.
Yes. Not disagreeing. Bethea may be one and done potentially, but he is going to have to learn to adjust to college bodies.

Personally, Walker probably needed another year. NIL now allows that for a guy like Bethea.

Nice pick up. Welcome to the U..

CIS shade on Wooga and L in a thread... board balance...

Advertisement
Kidd allows Chad to move to the 4 which allows Cleveland (if he's back) to share the 3 with Johnson, the 1 & 2 are likely to be a trio sharing minutes, Pack, Bethea and Kyshawn or Wooga if only one is back. Kidd and Johnson take a ton of pressure off Chad and Cleveland.
I wouldn't expect Kyshawn or Wooga back and think only one of Norchad/Cleveland return

Advertisement
He didn't look like a day 1 starter last night
It's an all star game, with zero structure. I just don't think it a fair evaluation of any player, much less someone that only took 5 shots and played 15 minutes. Bethea is going to get a ton of opportunity to play at Miami, it's likely he gets starters minutes from day one, even if he isn't a starter.

Advertisement
College Basketball Dancing GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Liked this possible add from the getgo and very happy to see it happen. Still would love even more a tested vet PG from portal... as of now looks like could be Pack if we don't get (or grow) someone else.

Advertisement
Back