Donna and her band of Nerds

I don't have an issue with what the OP has to say.
I share his pain.
Which is why I think the plane campaign is kind of a waste of money if the banners are
directed at Golden and his coaches.
I think the outrage needs to be directed at the Athletic Director and, more so, the BOT and
Shalala.
They need to be called on national TV, embarassed.
Look at the Michigan backers and how they are going after their AD.

My thoughts exactly. Any banners flying over son life stadium should have the words "donna" and/or "board of Trustees" on them, for they are the ones who should be publicly shamed. Guys like Randy and Golden are just dudes who are/were doing their best but are out-matched by the job. Its the people who staff that job that are to blame.

Advertisement
Keep thinking that Sam Jankovich somehow made decisions over Foote's head. Foote just didn't publicly slurp the program or even privately coddle it the way it could have very easily deserved and many wanted. But if you think for a second that Foote couldn't have really shut things down the way that many people perceive that he wanted so bad to do then you really must be getting your info from a moviemaker almost as short as Donna.

yeah he couldn't have considering at that time UM football was the biggest money making thing UM had going for it back then, but keep on w/ the ESPN doc stories it's clear as day who actually is getting their info from some shoddy movie maker and it ain't me. LMAO at praising a guy bec he wasn't he didn't completely shutdown UM football like Donna, eventhough he didn't help it all that much either. Foote was an *** and the fact you keep defending him is all I need to know about you.

Defending? Praising? Hardly. We've never had a president or an administration that fully embraced athletics the way they deserve in relation to the actual benefit in reputation and $$$ they could provide. But you know what? I'll take Canes football under a guy that is always portrayed as having wished we didn't play it versus it under this supposed little superfan that likes to give pep talks on charter flights and assess QB play but only truly gets moist in her pant suit when it comes to medical school fundraising and on-campus q&a's with Hillary. Sure, Foote absolutely didn't do all the things the program deserved but at least he didn't try to fool the fans and students into thinking we had the same dedication to winning as the big time programs even as we were kicking their asses at the time.

The causal relationship to Miami success on the football field goes to Sam Jankovich, period. So give Foote the credit for hiring Sam but Foote also rood the day after he hired him. Sam had to fight that a-hole every step of the way. Why do you think Sam left for New England? Then Foote hired that Dave Maggard who was a bad AD.

I won't deny that Jankovich and Foote had a contentious relationship as Sam obviously (and rightly so) thought the program deserved more. That said, a guy leaving a college AD job for a CEO position in the NFL is on par with Jimmy leaving for the Cowboys. Both of them weren't exaclty departing to equivalent or lesser jobs due to philosophical differences. Not exactly like leaving for Lubbock.

But Sam left because it was untenable. Nobody, I mean, nobody was more vocal about fixing the Orange Bowl then Sam. Foote just absolutely hated Sam. What Sam could have done if he had gotten any real support. Trust me I'm a huge Sam fan.

Jimmy left because his friend gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. Even Jimmy had enough of that a-hole in Dallas and quit.

Oh yeah cause our all white football team just shows how racist the school is.

Moderator Statement:

This is a touchy subject. If you cannot discuss this without attacking other posters, please avoid this thread.

Thanks,

CanesInsight.com

If you could field a D1 football team with all private school, upper class white kids, Donna would be the first to sign up. Her model team is Wisconsin or Penn State, which is the whitest of the whitebread college teams. She loathes urban black culture, which is why she has hired baby sitters to prevent those kind of players from acting in a way that would embarrass her and her Nerd Minions like Antwan, dk, et all.

And Pentagon, I apologize for going there: the military is something I support and you guys deserve our thanks. Just think you are not seeing the light on the real issue which is Donna and her elitist agenda.

Advertisement

If you could field a D1 football team with all private school, upper class white kids, Donna would be the first to sign up. Her model team is Wisconsin or Penn State, which is the whitest of the whitebread college teams. She loathes urban black culture, which is why she has hired baby sitters to prevent those kind of players from acting in a way that would embarrass her and her Nerd Minions like Antwan, dk, et all.

And Pentagon, I apologize for going there: the military is something I support and you guys deserve our thanks. Just think you are not seeing the light on the real issue which is Donna and her elitist agenda.

Man sized post right here.

Im bolding so others can see it. We all get fired up from time to time and say something we wish we would have worded differently. This is all that one needs to do to maintain solid discourse here. Good stuff, GoldenShowers.

No worries. If you want to argue that she's made some questionable decisions regarding ADs (i.e., Kirby and Shawn) then I have no issue. I think we finally have stability under James. We'll see how his regime pans out.

It would be more honest of you just said you don't like white people instead of trying to project this whole "racism" thing onto the university.

yeah he couldn't have considering at that time UM football was the biggest money making thing UM had going for it back then, but keep on w/ the ESPN doc stories it's clear as day who actually is getting their info from some shoddy movie maker and it ain't me. LMAO at praising a guy bec he wasn't he didn't completely shutdown UM football like Donna, eventhough he didn't help it all that much either. Foote was an *** and the fact you keep defending him is all I need to know about you.

Defending? Praising? Hardly. We've never had a president or an administration that fully embraced athletics the way they deserve in relation to the actual benefit in reputation and $$$ they could provide. But you know what? I'll take Canes football under a guy that is always portrayed as having wished we didn't play it versus it under this supposed little superfan that likes to give pep talks on charter flights and assess QB play but only truly gets moist in her pant suit when it comes to medical school fundraising and on-campus q&a's with Hillary. Sure, Foote absolutely didn't do all the things the program deserved but at least he didn't try to fool the fans and students into thinking we had the same dedication to winning as the big time programs even as we were kicking their asses at the time.

The causal relationship to Miami success on the football field goes to Sam Jankovich, period. So give Foote the credit for hiring Sam but Foote also rood the day after he hired him. Sam had to fight that a-hole every step of the way. Why do you think Sam left for New England? Then Foote hired that Dave Maggard who was a bad AD.

I won't deny that Jankovich and Foote had a contentious relationship as Sam obviously (and rightly so) thought the program deserved more. That said, a guy leaving a college AD job for a CEO position in the NFL is on par with Jimmy leaving for the Cowboys. Both of them weren't exaclty departing to equivalent or lesser jobs due to philosophical differences. Not exactly like leaving for Lubbock.

But Sam left because it was untenable. Nobody, I mean, nobody was more vocal about fixing the Orange Bowl then Sam. Foote just absolutely hated Sam. What Sam could have done if he had gotten any real support. Trust me I'm a huge Sam fan.

Jimmy left because his friend gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. Even Jimmy had enough of that a-hole in Dallas and quit.

Agreed. As I've always said, the athletic program has deserved better. I just think Foote, for all his faults in relation to this, got more out of it than Shalala. Neither managed it to anywhere near its full potential obviously. I pray our next president has the public demeanor of Foote, the political/fundraising abilities of Lil Don BUT the intelligence to realize what they could possibly have on hand here.

As for the crowd that throws out the LONG overdue improvements under Shalala- yes, they're great but put it in perspective both in time they took to achieve and in relation to the current standard of other schools along with a referencing of not only the totality of her overall fundraising as president but that $100 million Hurricane Club figure they're throwing out. More should have been done and it should have been done quicker and we shouldn't ever have to buy into the ridiculous narrative of "we don't have the money for -insert anything here-".

Advertisement

Man sized post right here.

Im bolding so others can see it. We all get fired up from time to time and say something we wish we would have worded differently. This is all that one needs to do to maintain solid discourse here. Good stuff, GoldenShowers.

The problem is leveling a racism claim against the administration, and then using such ridiculous "logic" and "evidence" as he has is far from "solid discourse" it is straight up libel.

I share his pain.
Which is why I think the plane campaign is kind of a waste of money if the banners are
I think the outrage needs to be directed at the Athletic Director and, more so, the BOT and
Shalala.

My thoughts exactly. Any banners flying over son life stadium should have the words "donna" and/or "board of Trustees" on them, for they are the ones who should be publicly shamed. Guys like Randy and Golden are just dudes who are/were doing their best but are out-matched by the job. Its the people who staff that job that are to blame.

It's been such a long string of poor decisions by the athletic department and not just on the football side.
We had a rising basketball program 14 years ago and it was seriously derailed by the incompetent hiring of poor coaches in
Clark and Haith.
Fourteen years ago we had very strong football, basketball and baseball teams.
Where are we now?
Compare with Louisville, for example.
Then we have a mass exodus within the Athletic Department.
It wouldn't surprise me if that turnover was a root cause as to why Nevin Shapiro
was able to run around and get away with his shenanigans.
Total clusterphk in Coral Gables.

Last edited:
I'm not a reporter. Im making an opinion. In my opinion, Shalala cringes at our black urban athletes, our tradition, and our community. Read my post on the common link between Golden, Edsall and Randy. This school has a stipulation for its coaches that we be an elite APR school first. They are abusing the fan bases trust, and shunning many of the type of players that built this school. It makes me sick. And if Al isn't fired after the inevitable 5 losses this year, that will only solidify the case that this school is no friend to urban african americans.

disclaimer, these are the opinions of a message board poster who loves the U more than some carpetbagging fish eater

Actually, I do have a good idea. They offered Golden the mid-level market rate at the time. Golden makes almost the identical salary as Mike London, which is public here in the Commonwealth. I think Golden sits around 10th in pay in the ACC. And by the way, hindsight is 20/20. Nobody had a clue that Mullen would be this successful this year. Before this year they were an SEC West Division bottom feeder.

Again, how do you know??? Miami is a private school that does not share its financial data the way a public school like UVA is required to.

With people like you in the Pentagon, it's no wonder ISIS is out of control.

I'm sure a guy like you would ***** in his pants if he were ever placed in a combat situation. I'd suspect that it is guys like you who vote for politicians who develop rules of engagement for guys like me.

Ur a pompus ****.

Who swears the oath then cries about the politicians? As if you didn't know what you were signing up for.

I love how you try and put yourself above the voting public at large. You reek of vinegar water.

Here's a pro tip: Every single person who votes, votes for politicians.

What, you done PMing me with your vulgar messaging and now you're more public? Every politician is pro military? LoL. Since you have a beek with me, how do we settle this internet tough guy?

I don't PM you kunty. It's a neg message.

You love yourself some you huh?

Advertisement
I share his pain.
Shalala.

It's been such a long string of poor decisions by the athletic department and not just on the football side.
We had a rising basketball program 14 years ago and it was seriously derailed by the incompetent hiring of poor coaches in
Clark and Haith.
Where are we no?
It wouldn't surprise me if that turnover was a root cause as to why Nevin Shapiro

Trying to compare Louisville and Miami is a bit skewed. Louisville is a glorified community college, large public school, with one of the largest athletic budgets in the nation.

I'm not a reporter. Im making an opinion. In my opinion, Shalala cringes at our black urban athletes, our tradition, and our community. Read my post on the common link between Golden, Edsall and Randy. This school has a stipulation for its coaches that we be an elite APR school first. They are abusing the fan bases trust, and shunning many of the type of players that built this school. It makes me sick. And if Al isn't fired after the inevitable 5 losses this year, that will only solidify the case that this school is no friend to urban african americans.

disclaimer, these are the opinions of a message board poster who loves the U more than some carpetbagging fish eater

So "Whitebread", "carpetbagger" & "fisheater" but the universities the racist one...ok then.

I share his pain.
Shalala.

Clark and Haith.
Where are we no?

Trying to compare Louisville and Miami is a bit skewed. Louisville is a glorified community college, large public school, with one of the largest athletic budgets in the nation.

There's a reason that L'ville has about 6 or 7 "transfers" on their current roster.

Advertisement
lmao at this ignorant group of people blaming forces that doesn't exist.

you are probably the conservative types that think the "man" is putting you down and that big pharma own is profiting off cancer and that Obama is here to force all you to submit.

miami football program is bad because the coaches have been bad. period.

lmao at this ignorant group of people blaming forces that doesn't exist.

you are probably the conservative types that think the "man" is putting you down and that big pharma own is profiting off cancer and that Obama is here to force all you to submit.

Number 1, bad idea to drag politics on to this board.
Number 2, even worse when you are fkn clueless, especially accusing "conservative types" of being paranoid about big pharma and the "man", when you
lefties constantly rail about those two bogey-men.
Stick to jerking off to Rachel MadCow and Special Ed Shultz on MSDNC.

There are so many legit reasons to criticize things, I'm not sure why people feel the need to make up **** as if it were fact. It devalues every legit argument you have. On either side.

some of the opinions in this thread masquerading as fact are laughable, especially when people who have no insider access regurgitate "private" conversations that have been passed down to them but which they did not hear and the person they heard from was not present.

arguments on facts vs spin. Stop mimicking congressional bull ****.

Advertisement
Back