Donna and her band of Nerds

And again Tad Foote is an example of why looks can be deceiving. That guy HATED football in general. He certainly hated our image, jock culture, and the game in general. He was not a fan of Miami football. However, he signed off on back to back to back FOOTBALL FIRST coaches, and let them run the program as they saw fit in order to win games.

Do you people think that Foote, had he wanted to, couldn't have said no to hiring JJ or Dennis? Do you think he didn't have to power to enforce higher than NCAA standards? Or that he didnt have the power to demand class over filmroom??? He had all that power, but he didn't get in the way. He hated every minute of it, but he let the football program be a football program. Tad Foote is case and point as to why Donna's cheerleading tells us nothing about her actual football support.

Exactly. It's such revisionist history to think the football program was what it was in spite of Foote. It was what it was because Foote allowed it to be. Sure, Jankovich was an advocate for the team but this isn't a school where the AD would ever have any real power that would supercede the president- especially then when Foote truly was transforming the academic image of Suntan U. The guy knew how to put forth the academics first/I'm at war with the football program image to the public (which was in everybody's best interest for a long time) while actually letting the program almost run itself. That's lost on a lot of people due to Cohen's over-simplificated portrayal and the fact that Lil' Donna did her cheerleader routine for so long.

keep thinking everyone learned about the U watching some ESPN documentary. *** Foote

Keep thinking that Sam Jankovich somehow made decisions over Foote's head. Foote just didn't publicly slurp the program or even privately coddle it the way it could have very easily deserved and many wanted. But if you think for a second that Foote couldn't have really shut things down the way that many people perceive that he wanted so bad to do then you really must be getting your info from a moviemaker almost as short as Donna.

yeah he couldn't have considering at that time UM football was the biggest money making thing UM had going for it back then, but keep on w/ the ESPN doc stories it's clear as day who actually is getting their info from some shoddy movie maker and it ain't me. LMAO at praising a guy bec he wasn't he didn't completely shutdown UM football like Donna, eventhough he didn't help it all that much either. Foote was an *** and the fact you keep defending him is all I need to know about you.

Defending? Praising? Hardly. We've never had a president or an administration that fully embraced athletics the way they deserve in relation to the actual benefit in reputation and $$$ they could provide. But you know what? I'll take Canes football under a guy that is always portrayed as having wished we didn't play it versus it under this supposed little superfan that likes to give pep talks on charter flights and assess QB play but only truly gets moist in her pant suit when it comes to medical school fundraising and on-campus q&a's with Hillary. Sure, Foote absolutely didn't do all the things the program deserved but at least he didn't try to fool the fans and students into thinking we had the same dedication to winning as the big time programs even as we were kicking their asses at the time.

Advertisement
Man Golden F'd this up all on his lonesome. Rudolph to db? Burgess to small?

Donna had no effect on Cook, Northrup or Six.

Golden fugged the recruiting on Kilby Lane.

Shannon had to get fired and that pretty much stock piled Louisville.

Mr. PSU gets the rest of the blame from me.

Have officially destroyed Miami football.

Just watched a game in which a ton of should-be-Canes showed the world why SoFla talent is was and always will be the greatest in the land.

But our president and administration hates the local community and its culture. She has hired coaches designed to manage and neuter a select group of these locals that she allows attend her precious 50th in the nation school. Her primary aim has never EVER been about winning. It has been about good behavior, and good grades. It's why she hired Randy, and why she hired Al.

We are the only school in the Big 3 who has yet to adopt NCAA academics entrance standards.

We have won more titles and played in more than the other two schools in state, yet pay half of what they do, b/c we have no interest in hiring capable football men. We want baby sitters, and GPA hawks. Al is undeniably skilled at both.

We turn away COUNTLESS NCAA eligible players bc they don't meet our outdated elitist standards. Don't believe me? Email the AD, and ask if they use the sliding scale only. They don't. They use that as a baseline, and then case by case the Head Coach has to request waivers. This does not happen at the other 2 schools in state.

They of course will NEVER admit this, b/c they aren't just playing the UM fanbase, it's alum, and former players. They played the ACC too. The ACC wanted Miami for it's football brand and market. But once Miami signed on the dotted line, we were guaranteed a piece of the pie. And while we definitely could care less about being the old Miami, our president has to feign like we are trying to win bc she pulled the wool over Tobacco Road's eyes.

Now I want to get the Donna supporters arguments out of the way:

"she stood up to the NCAA"......not really. She sat and took it in the *** for two years of bowl bans, self imposed penalties and suspensions, and signed a **** coach to an extension he didn't deserve. Only when the NCAA monumentally ****ed up in a way that could result in a legal battle did she step up.

"she goes to games and hangs out with students".......Of course she does. She's the president of the University. Cheering for the team and building an elite program can be mutually exclusive things. Case and point: Tad Foote.

You think the local community hasn't felt miami's new found elitist ways to be a huge turnoff? Ask Uncle Luke what he thinks about Miami's relationship with the community. Now you might say, he's a clown, and he is. But he's only a clown for expressing his feelings. The reason his feelings are such is b/c he like many others in the community feel that the Miami program looks down on South Florida schools, coaches, parents, and players. This school was built on embracing them, and now Donna and her band of Nerds look down on them.

This school will never come CLOSE to a national title, and probably won't win an ACC title, until the entire administrative philosophy towards the program changes. Until then, enjoy being Wisconsin South.

Well, that was a long, boring, steaming pile of ignorance and laughable whining.

What a shock that two of the biggest pro UM admin ***s of all time, CA and Sebastian, are in this thread.

Sebastian was pro Randy till the very end. He's pro anything that this racist UM administration does.

They HATE our history, our tradition, our local non-alumni fanbase, and most of all hate the local football coaches and players. The proof is in 15 years of actions.

Once again, you have to be pointed out for the idiot you are. You throw the racist term around because you are moody, whiny, and butt hurt like some ******* girl on her first rag, but have zero to support such a disgusting allegation. The only possible way you could equate the administration with "racist" is if you equate "black" with "thieving, raping, gangbanging dirtbags who can't read" because that seems to be the type of player you think we should be making exceptions for so we can win. Which makes YOU the racist, since you think so lowly of black kids. Meanwhile, kids like Duke, Yearby, Kaaya, in fact the vast majority of the team, would tell you to go f*** yourself for being such an anti-UM idiot.

Last edited:
UM does have disdain for the locals. And Donna's admin completely destroyed the atmosphere at home games--it used to be an mistakably Miami thing. Now its catered towards northeastern frat boys.

Random comments but never any actual basis or examples. Pure BS.

Advertisement
You can also add that they are a racist institution

I find the ppl who feel the need to bring up race when It doesn't need to be are really the most racist of the bunch

He's totally the biggest racist. He apparently thinks black kids can't be more than wannabe gangbanger thugs who can't read since in his mind our exclusion of such kids from the team means we are racist against black kids. I guess in his mind talented players who are also good people and decent students such as Duke aren't "black enough".

It's like clockwork that the Al Golden lovers are simultaneously the Donna Shalala lovers.

It's all these new era Miami kids who couldn't get into Northwestern so in their minds they have convinced themselves Miami = Northwestern.

Sebastian, Antwan, dk, ClanAlmighty: three of the least respected, consistently proven wrong posters and they all love Shalala. Says it all.

Amazing how some folks project their fantasy of being a petty criminal on the championship potential of a football team.

I don't much care for the hobbit, Al Golden has exceeded my capacity for good will, and it's pure nonsense, and revealing of the soft bigotry of low expectations to think that loading a team with goons will have good results.

Tad sucked. Man almost made me punch him the mouth. He did hate our football team but I think it was because it embarrassed his fellow Presidents so badly. I think Donna hates it because was not a creation of the administration but rather of the players. Notice how quickly she banned former players from the sideline to placate the ncaa. Given her massive guilt in the Nevin deal shouldn't she have been banded instead of them? To a person like her, underclass people are not supposed to help themselves. They must need their betters and the institutions they control. Truthfully, those SEC presidents might feel the same way if their programs were self creations like THE U. But those teams are pure products of the institutions, usually bought and paid for in hard cash. Saban got gets waterfalls and paid off home; Randy had the same desk the JJ used I think. Bama football would die in two years without the administration. It took 15 years to kill THE U. But take heart. All it takes is one mistaken coaching hire. Just one head coach who is better than administration thinks. One HC that lies about wanting to go to nfl. Just ONE HC who if facts wants very badly to get to NFL. Then we will be back in flash. We only need a coach. That is all we ever needed.

Advertisement
So the University went out on the limb for Willie Williams as noted. The University also stood by Hester and Geathers as they struggled to get through the Clearinghouse.

So for a University who only wants to hire a babysitter they are overpaying. Golden makes approximately $2.1 million. That's pretty much market rate especially from where he came from in 2010. They didn't bump his pay on his extension and my understanding is they got pretty good buy out terms on the extension. Fisher got $1.9 million when he was promoted. He got a raise to $2.8 million after winning 10 games primarily because the SEC schools were making overtones to him. If Golden leaves or gets fired, I'd suspect Miami will pay the next guy in the $3 million range. Even when Shannon was elevated he started at $800k. That's about the same money that Swinney got when Clemson elevated him. Randy's extension was in the neighborhood of $1.5 million after having a 9-win season. Swinney got $2.2 million per year extension after winning the ACC.

Last edited:
So the University went out on the limb for Willie Williams as noted. The University also stood by Hester and Geathers as they struggled to get through the Clearinghouse.

So for a University who only wants to hire a babysitter they are overpaying. Golden makes approximately $2.1 million. That's pretty much market rate especially from where he came from in 2010. They didn't bump his pay on his extension and my understanding is they got pretty good buy out terms on the extension. Fisher got $1.9 million when he was promoted. He got a raise to $2.8 million after winning 10 games primarily because the SEC schools were making overtones to him. If Golden leaves or gets fired, I'd suspect Miami will pay the next guy in the $3 million range. Even when Shannon was elevated he started at $750k. That's about the same money that Swinney got when Clemson elevated him.

You have no idea what we pay our HCs. You certainly have no idea what we pay coordinators, assistants, and support staff, all of which have been disasters for years. We still dont have a full time nutritionist.

In addition, if they do pay Al 2.1 million, thats the contract he negotiated bc they wanted him BADLY. Al is an ideal Shalala candidate. Dan Mullen came in to the interview talking football and schemes, and that turned them off. Al came in touting pillars, APR results, and the Paterno way, and the bleeding hearts ate that **** up, and paid him accordingly to their values.

Exactly. It's such revisionist history to think the football program was what it was in spite of Foote. It was what it was because Foote allowed it to be. Sure, Jankovich was an advocate for the team but this isn't a school where the AD would ever have any real power that would supercede the president- especially then when Foote truly was transforming the academic image of Suntan U. The guy knew how to put forth the academics first/I'm at war with the football program image to the public (which was in everybody's best interest for a long time) while actually letting the program almost run itself. That's lost on a lot of people due to Cohen's over-simplificated portrayal and the fact that Lil' Donna did her cheerleader routine for so long.

keep thinking everyone learned about the U watching some ESPN documentary. *** Foote

Keep thinking that Sam Jankovich somehow made decisions over Foote's head. Foote just didn't publicly slurp the program or even privately coddle it the way it could have very easily deserved and many wanted. But if you think for a second that Foote couldn't have really shut things down the way that many people perceive that he wanted so bad to do then you really must be getting your info from a moviemaker almost as short as Donna.

yeah he couldn't have considering at that time UM football was the biggest money making thing UM had going for it back then, but keep on w/ the ESPN doc stories it's clear as day who actually is getting their info from some shoddy movie maker and it ain't me. LMAO at praising a guy bec he wasn't he didn't completely shutdown UM football like Donna, eventhough he didn't help it all that much either. Foote was an *** and the fact you keep defending him is all I need to know about you.

Defending? Praising? Hardly. We've never had a president or an administration that fully embraced athletics the way they deserve in relation to the actual benefit in reputation and $$$ they could provide. But you know what? I'll take Canes football under a guy that is always portrayed as having wished we didn't play it versus it under this supposed little superfan that likes to give pep talks on charter flights and assess QB play but only truly gets moist in her pant suit when it comes to medical school fundraising and on-campus q&a's with Hillary. Sure, Foote absolutely didn't do all the things the program deserved but at least he didn't try to fool the fans and students into thinking we had the same dedication to winning as the big time programs even as we were kicking their asses at the time.

The causal relationship to Miami success on the football field goes to Sam Jankovich, period. So give Foote the credit for hiring Sam but Foote also rood the day after he hired him. Sam had to fight that a-hole every step of the way. Why do you think Sam left for New England? Then Foote hired that Dave Maggard who was a bad AD.

The causal relationship to Miami success on the football field goes to Sam Jankovich, period. So give Foote the credit for hiring Sam but Foote also rood the day after he hired him. Sam had to fight that a-hole every step of the way. Why do you think Sam left for New England? Then Foote hired that Dave Maggard who was a bad AD.

don't you get it. He wasn't as bad as Donna so we should be proud to have a president like Foote. Maybe we should be happy with a coach like Coker also.

Advertisement
Sam fought an won, b/c Tad was beholden to the football money. He also understood its overall brand and economic value, despite personally hating it.

Donna is the exact opposite. In public she personally loves football, but in private took conscious efforts to de-emphasize it and neuter its potential.

And the reason Donna was able to do this where Tad was not, was bc of the ACC and its profit sharing system. In Tads day, the entire athletic departments financing was reliant on Miami football generating money. Today, we make money if we are 12-0 or if we are 7-5 b/c of profit sharing. It has destroyed any incentive the admin could have for having an elite football program.

Last edited:

So for a University who only wants to hire a babysitter they are overpaying. Golden makes approximately $2.1 million. That's pretty much market rate especially from where he came from in 2010. They didn't bump his pay on his extension and my understanding is they got pretty good buy out terms on the extension. Fisher got $1.9 million when he was promoted. He got a raise to $2.8 million after winning 10 games primarily because the SEC schools were making overtones to him. If Golden leaves or gets fired, I'd suspect Miami will pay the next guy in the $3 million range. Even when Shannon was elevated he started at $750k. That's about the same money that Swinney got when Clemson elevated him.

You have no idea what we pay our HCs. You certainly have no idea what we pay coordinators, assistants, and support staff, all of which have been disasters for years. We still dont have a full time nutritionist.

In addition, if they do pay Al 2.1 million, thats the contract he negotiated bc they wanted him BADLY. Al is an ideal Shalala candidate. Dan Mullen came in to the interview talking football and schemes, and that turned them off. Al came in touting pillars, APR results, and the Paterno way, and the bleeding hearts ate that **** up, and paid him accordingly to their values.

Actually, I do have a good idea. They offered Golden the mid-level market rate at the time. Golden makes almost the identical salary as Mike London, which is public here in the Commonwealth. I think Golden sits around 10th in pay in the ACC. And by the way, hindsight is 20/20. Nobody had a clue that Mullen would be this successful this year. Before this year they were an SEC West Division bottom feeder.

Advertisement

Actually, I do have a good idea. They offered Golden the mid-level market rate at the time. Golden makes almost the identical salary as Mike London, which is public here in the Commonwealth. I think Golden sits around 10th in pay in the ACC. And by the way, hindsight is 20/20. Nobody had a clue that Mullen would be this successful this year. Before this year they were an SEC West Division bottom feeder.

Again, how do you know??? Miami is a private school that does not share its financial data the way a public school like UVA is required to.

With people like you in the Pentagon, it's no wonder ISIS is out of control.

Sam fought an won, b/c Tad was beholden to the football money. He also understood its overall brand and economic value, despite personally hating it.

Donna is the exact opposite. In public she personally loves football, but in private took conscious efforts to de-emphasize it and neuter its potential.

And the reason Donna was able to do this where Tad was not, was bc of the ACC and its profit sharing system. In Tads day, the entire athletic departments financing was reliant on Miami football generating money. Today, we make money if we are 12-0 or if we are 7-5 b/c of profit sharing. It has destroyed any incentive the admin could have for having an elite football program.

And you know this how? The short answer is you don't. The move to the ACC was good business for the athletic department. The conferences were already starting to realign and the Big East was blowing up.

Look, I got it. Golden may turn out to be an awful hire.

BTW, they've upgraded Hecht. They've added the Schwartz. They've turfed Greentree. They're adding lights. They want to add an indoor practice facility. They built the BUC. They upgraded the Light.

It's like clockwork that the Al Golden lovers are simultaneously the Donna Shalala lovers.

It's all these new era Miami kids who couldn't get into Northwestern so in their minds they have convinced themselves Miami = Northwestern.

Sebastian, Antwan, dk, ClanAlmighty: three of the least respected, consistently proven wrong posters and they all love Shalala. Says it all.

Ah, the board racist speaks up. The one who equates black kids with gangbangers and thugs since apparently not accepting gangbangers and thugs equals "racist" in his mind. As for Golden, far from a Golden lover. I'm still willing to play out the season, but if he doesn't show improvement and we have a good coach ready to come here, I'm all for it. As for Shalala, yes, definitely like what she did. She did EXACTLY what a university president is supposed to do. Increase the standing and value of the university. I'm far from "new era" and far from a kid. I've been a fan for decades, ever since childhood, went to the school in the 90's, and didn't miss a single game while I lived in Miami.

Couldn't care less about "respect" when it comes from whiny little girls on the rag like you who make fake racism claims and thinks we should allow any thug, gangbanger, thief, and goon on the team just to win. Lack of respect from the likes of you is a badge of honor.

Who do u think goes to um?? Same north eastern frat boys that were there during the home streak and for all the national champs. Without us north eastern frat boys there would be no attendance--they don't let u illegals in with your raft

UM does have disdain for the locals. And Donna's admin completely destroyed the atmosphere at home games--it used to be an mistakably Miami thing. Now its catered towards northeastern frat boys.

Advertisement
Back