Donna and her band of Nerds

So the University went out on the limb for Willie Williams as noted. The University also stood by Hester and Geathers as they struggled to get through the Clearinghouse.

So for a University who only wants to hire a babysitter they are overpaying. Golden makes approximately $2.1 million. That's pretty much market rate especially from where he came from in 2010. They didn't bump his pay on his extension and my understanding is they got pretty good buy out terms on the extension. Fisher got $1.9 million when he was promoted. He got a raise to $2.8 million after winning 10 games primarily because the SEC schools were making overtones to him. If Golden leaves or gets fired, I'd suspect Miami will pay the next guy in the $3 million range. Even when Shannon was elevated he started at $750k. That's about the same money that Swinney got when Clemson elevated him.

You have no idea what we pay our HCs. You certainly have no idea what we pay coordinators, assistants, and support staff, all of which have been disasters for years. We still dont have a full time nutritionist.

In addition, if they do pay Al 2.1 million, thats the contract he negotiated bc they wanted him BADLY. Al is an ideal Shalala candidate. Dan Mullen came in to the interview talking football and schemes, and that turned them off. Al came in touting pillars, APR results, and the Paterno way, and the bleeding hearts ate that **** up, and paid him accordingly to their values.

Actually, I do have a good idea. They offered Golden the mid-level market rate at the time. Golden makes almost the identical salary as Mike London, which is public here in the Commonwealth. I think Golden sits around 10th in pay in the ACC. And by the way, hindsight is 20/20. Nobody had a clue that Mullen would be this successful this year. Before this year they were an SEC West Division bottom feeder.

Again, how do you know??? Miami is a private school that does not share its financial data the way a public school like UVA is required to.

With people like you in the Pentagon, it's no wonder ISIS is out of control.

I'm sure a guy like you would ***** in his pants if he were ever placed in a combat situation. I'd suspect that it is guys like you who vote for politicians who develop rules of engagement for guys like me.

Advertisement
It's like clockwork that the Al Golden lovers are simultaneously the Donna Shalala lovers.

It's all these new era Miami kids who couldn't get into Northwestern so in their minds they have convinced themselves Miami = Northwestern.

Sebastian, Antwan, dk, ClanAlmighty: three of the least respected, consistently proven wrong posters and they all love Shalala. Says it all.

BTW, still waiting for you to produce on bit of evidence or even semi-logical argument that the administration is racist.

Sam fought an won, b/c Tad was beholden to the football money. He also understood its overall brand and economic value, despite personally hating it.

Donna is the exact opposite. In public she personally loves football, but in private took conscious efforts to de-emphasize it and neuter its potential.

And the reason Donna was able to do this where Tad was not, was bc of the ACC and its profit sharing system. In Tads day, the entire athletic departments financing was reliant on Miami football generating money. Today, we make money if we are 12-0 or if we are 7-5 b/c of profit sharing. It has destroyed any incentive the admin could have for having an elite football program.

And you know this how? The short answer is you don't. The move to the ACC was good business for the athletic department. The conferences were already starting to realign and the Big East was blowing up.

Look, I got it. Golden may turn out to be an awful hire.

BTW, they've upgraded Hecht. They've added the Schwartz. They've turfed Greentree. They're adding lights. They want to add an indoor practice facility. They built the BUC. They upgraded the Light.

It was good business for the athletic department b/c it meant they could generate money without having to be good at football. **** their business, that move killed any incentive they ever had for promoting an elite football team. Do you not understand this? There is ZERO INCENTIVE ANYMORE to be an elite program.

Follow the ******* money. Tad Foote would have loved nothing more than to see football go bye bye but he was beholden to the program to make money for his school. If we go 6-6 this season and 1-11 this year we make the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY as if we went 11-1. So what reason do they have to hire elite football guys? Do you think a single person in UM academia gives a rats *** about a ******* BCS trophy??????? They care about academic interests and money. When having an elite football team meant money, they tolerated. Since it no longer matters how good we are, they don't have to put up with it. They can hire unqualified babysitters who graduate players and kick out kids who smoke an L here and there. Get your head out of the sand and realize how the actual world works.

So the University went out on the limb for Willie Williams as noted. The University also stood by Hester and Geathers as they struggled to get through the Clearinghouse.

So for a University who only wants to hire a babysitter they are overpaying. Golden makes approximately $2.1 million. That's pretty much market rate especially from where he came from in 2010. They didn't bump his pay on his extension and my understanding is they got pretty good buy out terms on the extension. Fisher got $1.9 million when he was promoted. He got a raise to $2.8 million after winning 10 games primarily because the SEC schools were making overtones to him. If Golden leaves or gets fired, I'd suspect Miami will pay the next guy in the $3 million range. Even when Shannon was elevated he started at $750k. That's about the same money that Swinney got when Clemson elevated him.

You have no idea what we pay our HCs. You certainly have no idea what we pay coordinators, assistants, and support staff, all of which have been disasters for years. We still dont have a full time nutritionist.

In addition, if they do pay Al 2.1 million, thats the contract he negotiated bc they wanted him BADLY. Al is an ideal Shalala candidate. Dan Mullen came in to the interview talking football and schemes, and that turned them off. Al came in touting pillars, APR results, and the Paterno way, and the bleeding hearts ate that **** up, and paid him accordingly to their values.

Actually, I do have a good idea. They offered Golden the mid-level market rate at the time. Golden makes almost the identical salary as Mike London, which is public here in the Commonwealth. I think Golden sits around 10th in pay in the ACC. And by the way, hindsight is 20/20. Nobody had a clue that Mullen would be this successful this year. Before this year they were an SEC West Division bottom feeder.

Again, how do you know??? Miami is a private school that does not share its financial data the way a public school like UVA is required to.

Such a hypocrite. Asks "how do you know, Miami is a private school" whenever it suits your agenda. Meanwhile, you write long, idiotic rants about exactly what the Miami administration did and thought when hiring coaches, and even pretend to know exactly how the job interviews went. You're a joke.

Sam fought an won, b/c Tad was beholden to the football money. He also understood its overall brand and economic value, despite personally hating it.

Donna is the exact opposite. In public she personally loves football, but in private took conscious efforts to de-emphasize it and neuter its potential.

And the reason Donna was able to do this where Tad was not, was bc of the ACC and its profit sharing system. In Tads day, the entire athletic departments financing was reliant on Miami football generating money. Today, we make money if we are 12-0 or if we are 7-5 b/c of profit sharing. It has destroyed any incentive the admin could have for having an elite football program.

And you know this how? The short answer is you don't. The move to the ACC was good business for the athletic department. The conferences were already starting to realign and the Big East was blowing up.

BTW, they've upgraded Hecht. They've added the Schwartz. They've turfed Greentree. They're adding lights. They want to add an indoor practice facility. They built the BUC. They upgraded the Light.

It was good business for the athletic department b/c it meant they could generate money without having to be good at football. **** their business, that move killed any incentive they ever had for promoting an elite football team. Do you not understand this? There is ZERO INCENTIVE ANYMORE to be an elite program.

Follow the ******* money. Tad Foote would have loved nothing more than to see football go bye bye but he was beholden to the program to make money for his school. If we go 6-6 this season and 1-11 this year we make the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY as if we went 11-1. So what reason do they have to hire elite football guys? Do you think a single person in UM academia gives a rats *** about a ******* BCS trophy??????? They care about academic interests and money. When having an elite football team meant money, they tolerated. Since it no longer matters how good we are, they don't have to put up with it. They can hire unqualified babysitters who graduate players and kick out kids who smoke an L here and there. Get your head out of the sand and realize how the actual world works.

Nice. GoldenShowers is writing more fan fiction. Funny how you've got an in-depth scenario of how everything played out in the administration and athletic department, yet also claim no one else can know anything because Miami is a private institution.

Advertisement
It's like clockwork that the Al Golden lovers are simultaneously the Donna Shalala lovers.

It's all these new era Miami kids who couldn't get into Northwestern so in their minds they have convinced themselves Miami = Northwestern.

Sebastian, Antwan, dk, ClanAlmighty: three of the least respected, consistently proven wrong posters and they all love Shalala. Says it all.

Ah, the board racist speaks up. The one who equates black kids with gangbangers and thugs since apparently not accepting gangbangers and thugs equals "racist" in his mind. As for Golden, far from a Golden lover. I'm still willing to play out the season, but if he doesn't show improvement and we have a good coach ready to come here, I'm all for it. As for Shalala, yes, definitely like what she did. She did EXACTLY what a university president is supposed to do. Increase the standing and value of the university. I'm far from "new era" and far from a kid. I've been a fan for decades, ever since childhood, went to the school in the 90's, and didn't miss a single game while I lived in Miami.

Couldn't care less about "respect" when it comes from whiny little girls on the rag like you who make fake racism claims and thinks we should allow any thug, gangbanger, thief, and goon on the team just to win. Lack of respect from the likes of you is a badge of honor.

Fake racism? If Al goes 7-5 in year 4 and doesn't get canned, when the black guy got canned for that exact thing, that is racism to a tee. Miami prefers to recruit private school OOS kids these days over public school SoFla kids b/c we have become elitist, despite still being a middle of the road academic school.

You are one of these people who thinks bc Donna moved our academic ranking a whole 12 spots in 14 years that it somehow validates you as a man. It doesn't, you are still a raging ***** who thinks people give a **** bout your worthless degree b/c the US News rated it a whole 12 spots higher now. Congrats.

I'm sure a guy like you would ***** in his pants if he were ever placed in a combat situation. I'd suspect that it is guys like you who vote for politicians who develop rules of engagement for guys like me.

Ur a FINE GENTLEMAN WHO I DISAGREE WITH.

Who swears the oath then cries about the politicians? As if you didn't know what you were signing up for.

I love how you try and put yourself above the voting public at large. You reek of vinegar water.

Here's a pro tip: Every single person who votes, votes for politicians.

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow the ****ing money. Tad Foote would have loved nothing more than to see football go bye bye but he was beholden to the program to make money for his school. If we go 6-6 this season and 1-11 this year we make the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY as if we went 11-1. So what reason do they have to hire elite football guys? Do you think a single person in UM academia gives a rats *** about a ****ing BCS trophy??????? They care about academic interests and money. When having an elite football team meant money, they tolerated. Since it no longer matters how good we are, they don't have to put up with it. They can hire unqualified babysitters who graduate players and kick out kids who smoke an L here and there. Get your head out of the sand and realize how the actual world works.

You truly are clueless. The Big East was blowing up. And by the way, you don't think the University of Miami doesn't generate revenue via season tickets, gate receipts, sports clothing sales, etc.? South Florida is the worst sport metropolitan in the country. You don't win and win big they don't come. And a diminished product means smaller revenues. And that the athletic department cares about.

Advertisement
Fact: UM fired Randy for 7-5........Fact: UM has distanced itself from a large part of its local base. Fact: UM will not fire AG for 7-5. Fact: Shalala supporters refer to South Florida recruits as thugs and gangbangers.

Follow the ****ing money. Tad Foote would have loved nothing more than to see football go bye bye but he was beholden to the program to make money for his school. If we go 6-6 this season and 1-11 this year we make the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY as if we went 11-1. So what reason do they have to hire elite football guys? Do you think a single person in UM academia gives a rats *** about a ****ing BCS trophy??????? They care about academic interests and money. When having an elite football team meant money, they tolerated. Since it no longer matters how good we are, they don't have to put up with it. They can hire unqualified babysitters who graduate players and kick out kids who smoke an L here and there. Get your head out of the sand and realize how the actual world works.

You truly are clueless. The Big East was blowing up. And by the way, you don't think the University of Miami doesn't generate revenue via season tickets, gate receipts, sports clothing sales, etc.? South Florida is the worst sport metropolitan in the country. You don't win and win big they don't come. And a diminished product means smaller revenues. And that the athletic department cares about.

The gate money and clothes sales is pennies compared to the 18 million dollar a year guaranteed TV money payout. Have you people never taken a second to understand how it works now? Just by being in the ACC we get handed 18 million a year, and don't have to win a single game. In 1987, we had to schedule insane matchups, bowl wins, championship wins, etc to get that stream of revenue. It was the biggest incentive for having the teams we did. That incentive is completely gone now.

Ur a pompus ****.

Who swears the oath then cries about the politicians? As if you didn't know what you were signing up for.

I love how you try and put yourself above the voting public at large. You reek of vinegar water.

Here's a pro tip: Every single person who votes, votes for politicians.

What, you done PMing me with your vulgar messaging and now you're more public? Every politician is pro military? LoL. Since you have a beek with me, how do we settle this internet tough guy?

You know our military has gone soft when cats are praising bleeding heart Shalala for killing our football program via socialism (and yes, the ACC is a socialist organization, monetarily speaking: everything is split evenly)

Advertisement

Ah, the board racist speaks up. The one who equates black kids with gangbangers and thugs since apparently not accepting gangbangers and thugs equals "racist" in his mind. As for Golden, far from a Golden lover. I'm still willing to play out the season, but if he doesn't show improvement and we have a good coach ready to come here, I'm all for it. As for Shalala, yes, definitely like what she did. She did EXACTLY what a university president is supposed to do. Increase the standing and value of the university. I'm far from "new era" and far from a kid. I've been a fan for decades, ever since childhood, went to the school in the 90's, and didn't miss a single game while I lived in Miami.

Couldn't care less about "respect" when it comes from whiny little girls on the rag like you who make fake racism claims and thinks we should allow any thug, gangbanger, thief, and goon on the team just to win. Lack of respect from the likes of you is a badge of honor.

Fake racism? If Al goes 7-5 in year 4 and doesn't get canned, when the black guy got canned for that exact thing, that is racism to a tee. Miami prefers to recruit private school OOS kids these days over public school SoFla kids b/c we have become elitist, despite still being a middle of the road academic school.

You are one of these people who thinks bc Donna moved our academic ranking a whole 12 spots in 14 years that it somehow validates you as a man. It doesn't, you are still a raging ***** who thinks people give a **** bout your worthless degree b/c the US News rated it a whole 12 spots higher now. Congrats.

Absolutely fake racism. That you think Shannon's situation is anything similar to Golden's is laughable. Shannon came in to a program that had recent success and HE created many of the problems. Golden came into a program in a tailspin along with the NCAA mess which you pretend didn't matter. The UM that Shannon inherited was still UM, the UM that Golden inherited was not. Your idiotic nonsense about recruiting is pure BS as well, and not supported by the facts. As for the degree, you sound like some MDCC reject who really, really wants UM to be nothing more than an expensive community college with a professional football team. Sorry, not gonna happen, so you can go find a new team.

dk72 referring to south florida recruits as "thugs" and "gangbangers". But I'm the racist?

Nice attempt at twisting it. We have MANY SFL recruits on the team, and we are recruiting MANY others. But you are the one whining about not "winning at all costs" even if that means accepting those who can't even read or who are thugs and gangbangers. Somehow that makes the school "racist" because I guess they are what represents black people in your mind.

Fact: UM fired Randy for 7-5........Fact: UM has distanced itself from a large part of its local base. Fact: UM will not fire AG for 7-5. Fact: Shalala supporters refer to South Florida recruits as thugs and gangbangers.

Your first one is a fact, and he deserved it as he presided over the decline of the team, inheriting a team not long removed from a national championship.

Your second one is pure BS.

Your third one is not yet known, but even if they don't, the circumstances are completely different than with Shannon. Golden inherited a team in a death spiral. Shannon did not, he contributed greatly to that death spiral.

Your fourth one is again, pure BS. You are the one who is whining because we don't accept academic non-qualifiers and bad kids, because we should "win at any cost." There are many good kids playing in South Florida who can read and actually qualify to get in. You want us to have the acceptance standards of Marshall, that's not going to happen, and that's not racist.

Advertisement
You know our military has gone soft when cats are praising bleeding heart Shalala for killing our football program via socialism (and yes, the ACC is a socialist organization, monetarily speaking: everything is split evenly)

You're a funny guy. As for her politics, can't stand them. As for you, you would have lasted about 2 weeks in my squadron so keep coming at me buddy.

keep thinking everyone learned about the U watching some ESPN documentary. *** Foote

Keep thinking that Sam Jankovich somehow made decisions over Foote's head. Foote just didn't publicly slurp the program or even privately coddle it the way it could have very easily deserved and many wanted. But if you think for a second that Foote couldn't have really shut things down the way that many people perceive that he wanted so bad to do then you really must be getting your info from a moviemaker almost as short as Donna.

yeah he couldn't have considering at that time UM football was the biggest money making thing UM had going for it back then, but keep on w/ the ESPN doc stories it's clear as day who actually is getting their info from some shoddy movie maker and it ain't me. LMAO at praising a guy bec he wasn't he didn't completely shutdown UM football like Donna, eventhough he didn't help it all that much either. Foote was an *** and the fact you keep defending him is all I need to know about you.

Defending? Praising? Hardly. We've never had a president or an administration that fully embraced athletics the way they deserve in relation to the actual benefit in reputation and $$$ they could provide. But you know what? I'll take Canes football under a guy that is always portrayed as having wished we didn't play it versus it under this supposed little superfan that likes to give pep talks on charter flights and assess QB play but only truly gets moist in her pant suit when it comes to medical school fundraising and on-campus q&a's with Hillary. Sure, Foote absolutely didn't do all the things the program deserved but at least he didn't try to fool the fans and students into thinking we had the same dedication to winning as the big time programs even as we were kicking their asses at the time.

The causal relationship to Miami success on the football field goes to Sam Jankovich, period. So give Foote the credit for hiring Sam but Foote also rood the day after he hired him. Sam had to fight that a-hole every step of the way. Why do you think Sam left for New England? Then Foote hired that Dave Maggard who was a bad AD.

I won't deny that Jankovich and Foote had a contentious relationship as Sam obviously (and rightly so) thought the program deserved more. That said, a guy leaving a college AD job for a CEO position in the NFL is on par with Jimmy leaving for the Cowboys. Both of them weren't exaclty departing to equivalent or lesser jobs due to philosophical differences. Not exactly like leaving for Lubbock.

I don't have an issue with what the OP has to say.
I share his pain.
Which is why I think the plane campaign is kind of a waste of money if the banners are
directed at Golden and his coaches.
I think the outrage needs to be directed at the Athletic Director and, more so, the BOT and
Shalala.
They need to be called on national TV, embarassed.
Look at the Michigan backers and how they are going after their AD.

Advertisement
Back