Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Steele must be suffering from some sort of early onset dementia if he was cognizant of the Pruitt dynamic and still went to Tuscaloosy. Good riddance if so.
I think it is pretty simple, Mario was ready to move in another direction. This solves that and may make Steele eligible for AL state employee retirement. I bet Mario encouraged him to take the position with Steele knowing it was likely a short term position

If Campanile brings those Flores blitz packages with him, we gonna be in business.

Mario getting old tho.

He played on the Rutgers squad when Mario was coaching there.

Advertisement
I think it is pretty simple, Mario was ready to move in another direction. This solves that and may make Steele eligible for AL state employee retirement. I bet Mario encouraged him to take the position with Steele knowing it was likely a short term position
I agree with this

It’s a savvy little move by Steele and fits in with Mario’s history of wanting his guys to find other jobs before he fires them. Steele is competent and will bridge the gap to Pruitt but Pruitt will have his hands all over this most likely

Could be completely wrong but it’s logical

This skinny dip incident is not uncommon. One of my most epic, thorough beat downs came at the expense of a guy who skinny dipped in my ex’s complex community pools. I was upstairs cooking for her, waiting for her to come home & I heard her scream at the top of her lungs as this dude got out & tried to hug her. Mind u, this is PRE-homeless crisis. The expeditious nature of how quickly I got to him was literally comic book worthy, & LAPD thanked me b/c that was bro’s 3rd incident in 2 months. (Broke his arm & jawline)

Called her mom & said she’s gotta move now, & that’s exactly what she did, moving to the nicer Westside of L.A b4 finishing up. It’s a f’ing mess around SC, but again, where do we hear of parents sending their kids away from there? Never. So when I hear of the excuses of either parents or potential coach’s wives use that not to come to f’ing Coral Gables, color me jaded & suspicious.
Fam, I'm from the parts of Miami that parallel the surrounding areas of USC. I find the crime-ridden stigma extremely laughable. Gables is the POLAR OPPOSITE of those areas. People acting like the campus is across the street from the Pork N' Beans or smack in the middle of Overtown or something. Gables is perennially among Dade County's safest and well-to-do areas and that's a rock solid fact...

Advertisement
Campanile makes sense because it would be an opportunity for him to be a full time DC & build his resume while staying in Miami.

He was Co-DC at BC on Addazio’s staff but he didn’t call plays, Jim Reid did.

Question to the Phins fans on the board, what did you guys feel about Flores & Josh Boyer’s Defense?
(Pro/Cons)
The D was legit when Flores was there. But in order to run the defense that they run and the packages they utilize -- which are pretty disruptive --you have to have a legit defensive backfield.

it's why Boyer lost his job this season (among other things). Howard regressed, and tho Holland is a dog, he can't do it all himself. Also doesn't help that the D Line was soft as baby ****.

But if you have even serviceable DB's, their brand of defense is disruptive af.

I agree with this

It’s a savvy little move by Steele and fits in with Mario’s history of wanting his guys to find other jobs before he fires them. Steele is competent and will bridge the gap to Pruitt but Pruitt will have his hands all over this most likely

Could be completely wrong but it’s logical
i get waiting on guys to find gigs before formally firing them but were a few weeks from spring. these should be done with the new DC lined up and ready to eb announced (if thats what happened w steele tho getting a better gig isnt usually the landing spot for a fired guy haha) . the same goes for the OC stuff. its inexcusable why the OC hasnt been named the moment gattis was formally fiired

The D was legit when Flores was there. But in order to run the defense that they run and the packages they utilize -- which are pretty disruptive --you have to have a legit defensive backfield.

it's why Boyer lost his job this season (among other things). Howard regressed, and tho Holland is a dog, he can't do it all himself. Also doesn't help that the D Line was soft as baby ****.

But if you have even serviceable DB's, their brand of defense is disruptive af.
howard was hurt/may be washed and jones was hurt/absent/weird situation along with every DB getting hurt down the stretch but boyer wasnt good at all. not even close. some of his calls were pathetic.

Advertisement
i get waiting on guys to find gigs before formally firing them but were a few weeks from spring. these should be done with the new DC lined up and ready to eb announced (if thats what happened w steele tho getting a better gig isnt usually the landing spot for a fired guy haha) . the same goes for the OC stuff. its inexcusable why the OC hasnt been named the moment gattis was formally fiired
We are talking about two different things

I am in no way shape or form defending Mario’s process

100%.

I will say at $2M/yr in LA you can live very, very well on the beach in South Bay or Pasadena/San Marino. Now traffic? Hmmmmm

People want to compare Miami and USC, because both are private, but UCLA may be a better, less inaccurate comparison.
Gables and Westwood are very comparable. You can spit over SC's campus borders and it'll land on Blood territory. You can't spit on nothing gang related from Westwood...

We are talking about two different things

I am in no way shape or form defending Mario’s process
true. yes youre right on steele. i think he is what he is - a familiar stop gap for nick while his main guy can accept or will accept the role.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back