Chris Curry

if Burns gets hurt this year I say get another one in this class . If he's reliable than we don't need 3 rbs

Yup it's not a need, but when a player as good as Curry **** near a lock, and you have room (which we do)...You just take him. JMO. Again like what we have, and I don't trust Burns. His act is wearing thin.

Advertisement
We aren't getting a 3rd RB. Maybe a fullback that is local who could be a 4 year starter. If we are offering a kicker to be on Scholarship then a Fullback would serve us well also.

Curry > or full back when we have kids who will get beat out in positions like lb , Te, de who could be moved.

We aren't getting a 3rd RB. Maybe a fullback that is local who could be a 4 year starter. If we are offering a kicker to be on Scholarship then a Fullback would serve us well also.

Curry > or full back when we have kids who will get beat out in positions like lb , Te, de who could be moved.

Agree and I don't mind the 2 fullback options that have been mentioned either. Alce and the pahokee kid. But Curry an animal.

Add Edgerrin to that group....he's got the Immokalee connection.

Richt needs to get Portis, McGahee, Gore, Payton, and Davenport all on campus one day. Then he makes sure Lingard, Davis, and RB3 (whether Curry, Cook, or other) all OV that same day. Then sit them all across from each other at a table and say "this is what we want to do again, and every one of these guys played in the NFL." I can't think of a much better pitch to convince 3 ultra-talented running backs to commit to the same school.

wouldn't be surprised if ej isn't involved with the offer to that new rb.

Advertisement
if Burns gets hurt this year I say get another one in this class . If he's reliable than we don't need 3 rbs

I'd take Curry regardless. He can always redshirt, and then the odds are good one of the other backs goes into the draft early. I don't like turning away a talent like Curry this year, not knowing what may happen with injuries, or in recruiting next year. Stack the chips while you can. If he was an average talent, sure, pass on him. I don't see him as an average talent. I see him bringing something unique to the table that Richt can use in his O. He runs with aggression, and I like that. How many times have we seen speedy backs get tackled by grass? Curry has the size and power I'd rather see playing FOR UM than against UM.

He's the kind of back that can blow up and have us all wishing we had taken him, if we don't.

i want this kid to be in a Canes jersey!!! i dont care what anyone says, u cant pass up on a kid like this!!! look at that power!! hes only gonna get stronger as well, just savage!!!

Brooklyndee said back in February that Curry could commit to us at Paradise Camp.

Looks like the staff changed their minds and they are only taking 2 RBs this cycle according to Tweed.

Brooklyndee said back in February that Curry could commit to us at Paradise Camp.

Looks like the staff changed their minds and they are only taking 2 RBs this cycle according to Tweed.

We two very good backs committed already and in potential for another great rb class in 2019 next year. We straight and don't need him

Advertisement

Not sure with Burns if it's a matter of if he gets hurt but if he actually plays WHEN he gets hurt.Kid is made out of Popsicle sticks.

I've been saying since they signed Burns that the staff screwed up counting on him and he won't play a down here.

I'll be waiting to be wrong but I'm afraid I won't be.Swap this kid for Burns ..this kid will add to the team success.Burns...not so much..jmo

I'm with the take Curty crowd. He runs angry. Kinda kid who just crushes a defenses soul late in the game. Plus I think there is big upside to him once Coach Felder gets him in the S&C program. I can see Curry get leaner and picking up a step while maintaining the ferocious running style. Love his film.

Go Canes!

Anyone saying save a spot for 19 is ducking crazy. We haven't played near 85 since Shannon was HC. Sign a full class or GTFO! There will be departures post NSD.

We should have signed 1-2 more each of the last two classes. Now we likely will be playing 55-60 kids, shirting 5-10 and 5-10 injured.

Anyone saying save a spot for 19 is ducking crazy. We haven't played near 85 since Shannon was HC. Sign a full class or GTFO! There will be departures post NSD.

We should have signed 1-2 more each of the last two classes. Now we likely will be playing 55-60 kids, shirting 5-10 and 5-10 injured.

Its not about saving a spot for 19, its about using this years scholarships for other positions of need. For example, we need 1-2 LB's, 2-3 DT's, 1 FB, 1-2 DB's, etc.

Advertisement
I would risk losing either one of our two RB's currently commited for anyone else. Save the spot for next year.

Advertisement
[HUDL]video/3/4089255/584ed687dfd8b814040d2f2c[/HUDL]

Monster...And the video below that simply titled "2016 highlights" is even better, has all of his long runs grouped at the beginning.

But I like what we got too.

Last edited:

We two very good backs committed already and in potential for another great rb class in 2019 next year. We straight and don't need him

Yeah, until one of the two backs gets hurt, Walton goes pro, and the recruits next year snub us. College backs go pro early at a fairly high clip. Why the **** not take him and redshirt him? That gives him a year in the system that a 2019 guy won't have. I swear, we don't need him... until something happens, then we do.

I still say take him as a FB. That way you can tell the other two backs he's coming in to play FB. It would allow Richt to get pretty **** creative. Oh wait, let's not do that. We've got this kid coming in 2020 that would take his spot anyway. Right?

Advertisement
Back