Chris Curry

I would risk losing either one of our two RB's currently commited for anyone else. Save the spot for next year.

Why, when you can redshirt him? If this kid wants in, you do not turn him away. He's too **** good, and has a skillset that we can use. If it scares off one of the two, what does that tell you about them? Man, I don't think either one of them are scared of competition. Especially if you bring him in as a FB. Dude is big, strong, and plenty fast. No way I'd tell him to kick rocks.

Advertisement
He obv doesn't want to come as Fullback. Has major RB offers.

I'm not talking about a blocking only FB. I'm talking an Alonzo Highsmith, Stephen McGuire, Franco Harris, Jim Brown, Larry Csonka. Guys that could dominate games from the FB position by running the ball. Fullback does not mean fulltime blocker for the HB. I'm telling you all now, Curry could be brought in as a FB to do SOME blocking for HBs, but to also run the **** ball. He would give us a weapon the other teams would HAVE to account for. For the life of me, I don't know why that's seen as such a bad thing. The bad thing is taking a position like FB and turning it into a non-productive position.

I'm not talking about a blocking only FB. I'm talking an Alonzo Highsmith, Stephen McGuire, Franco Harris, Jim Brown, Larry Csonka. Guys that could dominate games from the FB position by running the ball. Fullback does not mean fulltime blocker for the HB. I'm telling you all now, Curry could be brought in as a FB to do SOME blocking for HBs, but to also run the **** ball. He would give us a weapon the other teams would HAVE to account for. For the life of me, I don't know why that's seen as such a bad thing. The bad thing is taking a position like FB and turning it into a non-productive position.

No one has run the FB regularly since 1975.

Just saying, if you have a FB that can get 10 carries a game, not just be a blocker, it will help the O. Why put a guy out there that everyone knows is no threat to run it? I'm sick of seeing a FB motion left, then the run to the left is stopped because everyone knew where the lead blocker was going. If you have a FB that is not just a blocker.... Whatever. Tired of beating this dead horse. Not long ago the TE position was a block first, production never position. When teams figured out they could create mismatches from the position, they started catching far more passes. I can see a guy like Curry bringing production to a dead position, and that would help the HBs because the FB would have to be viewed as more than just a blocker. The more weapons you put on the field, the more the D has to struggle to stop. You get the D worrying about every position, it makes it easier for every position.

Advertisement

Just saying, if you have a FB that can get 10 carries a game, not just be a blocker, it will help the O. Why put a guy out there that everyone knows is no threat to run it? I'm sick of seeing a FB motion left, then the run to the left is stopped because everyone knew where the lead blocker was going. If you have a FB that is not just a blocker.... Whatever. Tired of beating this dead horse. Not long ago the TE position was a block first, production never position. When teams figured out they could create mismatches from the position, they started catching far more passes. I can see a guy like Curry bringing production to a dead position, and that would help the HBs because the FB would have to be viewed as more than just a blocker. The more weapons you put on the field, the more the D has to struggle to stop. You get the D worrying about every position, it makes it easier for every position.

Give it a break. TL;DR

Burns out for season opener? Might want to take 3

When Walton leaves after this season we will want 3. No way the two we have committed are afraid of competition. If Curry wants in, you have to take him. The RB situation will look far different in 2 years if we miss on a couple guys next cycle, or have injuries.

Honestly, you shouldn't take more than 2 RBs a year especially when some of the best in the country are only within a 4 hour radius.

2019 class have some of the best in the country within that radius and the same for 2020 and 2021. Stick with what we have, if Alce or Curry wants to play fullback fine bring 1 in but we don't need another RB in this class.

Advertisement
This kid should be and hopefully is a take. You bring this young man in on goal line and late in 3rd-4th quarter to pound the tired defense. I dont care how many RB's we have .......we are only 1 injury away of being one short and this board having a melt down at any given time. Can you imagine Lo and Cam doing work quarters 1-3 and then bring the hammer in for the fourth quarter. Game over. It would remind me of Tampa Bay's WD-40. Warrick Dunn in the first half and Alstott in the second half.

I see he just jumped into transfer portal (from Utah). Do we need to add another back and would he be a good pickup?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back