Canes vs UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

He made a lot of dumb plays that we got lucky on some. Those two sacks he took on key downs were brutal. He has to improve his decision making … those plays add up…
Nobody is going to be perfect. I disagree on the blitz sack. Sometimes the defense just wins and you just have to eat it.

TVD played his best game of the year. Turnovers and goaline offense was the difference. Gattis and Mario opened it up between the 20's, but still the same basic run plays at the goaline. Obviously, we don't have the dudes to impose our will at the goaline yet they keep trying. Zero creativity at the goaline. You should be able to run it in even if the defense knows what's coming, but we can't. We're so predictable at the goaline. 3 runs and then a pass. Haven't seen a 1st & goal play action pass yet.

I expect they'll keep hitting their head on the wall trying be a power running team. We dont have the guys for that. It's obvious.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I got a Ring notification that somebody in my neighborhood with a UF Gator t-shirt is killing ibis'. I'm rounding up a possie to get him and bring'em to justice...
mqdefault.jpg

Can't blame defense...they showed up big time in second half..
The **** heels have scored no less than 33 pts on every team this season...
And we held them to a TD less...
Plus did stops to get us to win the game if we didn't beat ourselves

Bottom line is we could not score more than 27pts to win a game vs a poor defense. Credit to the defense for keeping it closer than expected and creating turnovers.

This O attempted to go for all of it, went for it on 4th several times, etc. It still was not good enough. You MUST be committed to SOMEthing AND WHEN Mario said "we are not fully committed to up tempo" that should have been a major red flag. In FB you can't be half asses in areas or approaches.
I said in the game thread that we threw well and had to win that way and **** have to eat antacids to process it. he admitted the same in his presser. he doesn't want to win that way and will never want to. its why you saw some success and some failures on O. we reverted back to what Mario wants in key spots (RZ play calling at the goal line), key third downs, etc. they need to scrap what they think they know about offense and let the OC handle it all w his philosophy. I have to apologize to gattis. it isnt all on him bc its obvious Mario is micromanaging him in terms of play calling

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back