Will the D give up over or under 500 yards vs VT?

BALLHAWKU

All-ACC
Thoughts My guess if VT can just run the ball the entire game they will not get 500 yards they will be closer to 400.

Advertisement
"Yards don't matter"... I don't see 500 yards from this VT offense, even on our D. It won't matter in terms of the outcome of the game. I don't think VT needs 500 yards of offense to win the game.

yard matter when you play GOOD teams so keep thinking that. We will never see a championship if we give up 500 yards a game,

While i have 0 confidence in our defense right now, if we give up 500 yards to this VT offense i don't think i'll watch another game this season. They only gained 357 yards on UNC's D which is one of the worst (119 in total defense) in the NCAA right now.

Advertisement
We will give up 500+ IMO, but as long as we win that's all I care about right now.

Don't be to hard on yourself after the game because you're setting yourself up for a huge let down. I use to think we was going to win a few games after losing my Temper at the Duke game last year I just now in brace the fact we will be below average with these coaches. As I was leaving the Duke game it took everything I had not to punch those fans taunting my 13 year ole kid

While i have 0 confidence in our defense right now, if we give up 500 yards to this VT offense i don't think i'll watch another game this season. They only gained 357 yards on UNC's D which is one of the worst (119 in total defense) in the NCAA right now.

Dude I wouldn't be shocked if gave up 500 yards to a mac team who has a good qb

I say 450+ Doritos D is designed to give up yards and TOP. This will be GT replay.

Advertisement
If we are talking 500 against a bad a VT team than FSU and UNC are going to rack up 650+ this is going to get ugly.

As bad as we are on defense, we as porsters have to stop making ourselves look collectively stupid. 500 yards? Cincinnati threw the ball literally the entire game and finished with 422 yards. GT had 371. Duke had 264.

Before the sht show starts with the mongoloids, this is not a defense of D'Onofrio. He is an idiot who needs to be coaching high school football in Montana. But we look as stupid as he does when we start threads like this.

We will give up 500+ IMO, but as long as we win that's all I care about right now.

Don't be to hard on yourself after the game because you're setting yourself up for a huge let down. I use to think we was going to win a few games after losing my Temper at the Duke game last year I just now in brace the fact we will be below average with these coaches. As I was leaving the Duke game it took everything I had not to punch those fans taunting my 13 year ole kid

Apparently AQM could have used your restraint.

Advertisement
They won't get to 350. They're a horrific offense. And without Marshawn Williams they have zero running game. With no running game and limited weapons in the passing game, they are dead in the water.

They won't get to 350. They're a horrific offense. And without Marshawn Williams they have zero running game. With no running game and limited weapons in the passing game, they are dead in the water.

Although I do expect to see some tight end running wide *** open a few times during the game.

Total yardage? So far this season we have held every opponent to under their average total yardage. I know no one wants to hear that, but that's what it is as of 10/21/2014.

If VT gets 500 yards, the whole coaching staff should be exiled to Bolivia.

Advertisement

Although I do expect to see some tight end running wide *** open a few times during the game.

I'm sure that'll happen, but they're missing the big dude who gave us fits, Kalvin Cline. The other issue for them will be if Brewer will see the open receiver and then be able to hit him because he's regressed terribly since his big moment at Ohio Taint.

I see 350 - 425 being the easy answer but also think its possible for the to get 500 or more depending on the score of the game.

Advertisement
Back