Olsen suspended for failed drug test SMH

According to WQAM host and NBC 6 anchor Adam Kuperstein, Miami Hurricanes quarterback Kevin Olsen will be suspended for at least one game this season for failing a drug test. The report has not been confirmed by the University of Miami and comes amid an intense battle for the starting quarterback job.

Olsen, a highly touted freshman out of New Jersey, is the brother of former Hurricane great Greg Olsen, now a tight end for the Panthers. He did not register any playing time last season and was redshirted to preserve eligibility.

ESPN rated him as the No. 4 high school quarterback in the 2012

Advertisement
Advertisement
This really sucks. I was really pulling for this kid to be our QB of the future. I just hope Heaps is for real and can grasp this play book because he is head and shoulders a better QB prospect than RW 11.

well that means Kayaa is not redshirting and Heaps pretty much has won the job. he made that real easy

That doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Depends on Williams and if the staff has completely lost faith in Olsen.

Advertisement
Unless there is something I'm missing 850 I think we should let things play out more before we burn Kaaya's shirt and crown Heaps. We haven't even started Fall camp yet. Let's see where Ryan is and how the different QBs play when there is a pass rush during our Fall scrimmages.

According to WQAM host and NBC 6 anchor Adam Kuperstein, Miami Hurricanes quarterback Kevin Olsen will be suspended for at least one game this season for failing a drug test. The report has not been confirmed by the University of Miami and comes amid an intense battle for the starting quarterback job.

Olsen, a highly touted freshman out of New Jersey, is the brother of former Hurricane great Greg Olsen, now a tight end for the Panthers. He did not register any playing time last season and was redshirted to preserve eligibility.

ESPN rated him as the No. 4 high school quarterback in the 2012

1.gif

Advertisement
Ehh, kid is still immature and looked like garbage in the spring game. If Williams is healthy, he's the starter. If he's not, sadly it's Heaps. Kaaya has more talent than all the QBs put together on the team but don't see Golden pulling the trigger letting a freshman QB start.

Advertisement
I think Olsen has no shot a starter this year. We're already looking at a transition at QB (hopefully not) when Williams comes back so you won't put Heaps in for game one then Olsen for a few games until Williams returns. Hopefully whoever starts week one holds it down for the whole season. I'd love it to be Kaaya but I think it's just too soon. He hasn't went through an official practice yet. Really hoping Heaps pulls it off now.

Geo305 gave us a heads up yesterday.

Why is everything going to **** on the eve of camp?

We'll miami brought heaps to acc interviews (did four of em) and had heaps do photo shoots so it looks like this was just released now but known internally beforehand.

Advertisement
Back