2024 NFL Combine (list of participants) CANES start 2/29

That's not even what I was talking about.

He simply isn't that fast.

He's not that quick.

He's not that agile.

He's not that limber.

He's not that explosive.

Yes, he could improve to a degree on all of those things, but he's not an elite athlete to begin with. All of those things you're talking about could improve his play in the field, refine his game to some degree.

Still, the person I quoted said he was a first round athlete, he's not. Those guys can loaf and have elite athleticism. They can turn it in for testing even if they're just whatever come game day. That's where I was going with what I said.

I agree with what you said by and large, seen it myself many times. Will, work ethic, etc producing unexpected results. The raw parts though, they aren't first round talent though.
You seen many DT with elite athleticism? The ones that are quite often are considered generational. The factors I mentioned would easily make him a first round pick. That's what separates the good dts from the average ones. But I get what you're saying. I'd say he has first round potential. But his approach keeps him from meeting those expectations.

Advertisement
You seen many DT with elite athleticism? The ones that are quite often are considered generational. The factors I mentioned would easily make him a first round pick. That's what separates the good dts from the average ones. But I get what you're saying. I'd say he has first round potential. But his approach keeps him from meeting those expectations.

I'm just comparing base athleticism. He's not NFL 1st round athletic. Nothing wrong with that, but ****, he's not even average amongst his peers hoping to see a paycheck at the next level. He'd have to work a **** ton to test alright.

Mainly just talking testing as that's what this thread is mostly about. His testing numbers as a DT wouldn't ever be elite, that's what I'm seeing. Now if he worked his *** off, came to games to ball out, all that work ethic, desire, drive, etc then you could overlook the average testing if he attained that.

We're just lost in expression and wording here. I know you get it and I hear you. I also don't have an axe to grind against this young man like a lot of posters do, like he owes them something. Best thing that can come from this is recognition of self and if he gets a shot, he runs with it.

So did Jaquan Johnson who was much further advanced IQ and had hardly any blemishes on film in college and he was irrelevant in the league.

Makes me hesitant. Trying to overcome athleticism limitations at that level is more difficult than becoming a knowledgeable player. Almost anyone can learn a system if they're in it long enough.
He isnt jaquan Johnson.

He has better ball skills and covg ability.

Jaquan still lasted 4 years on a really good defense and probably plays again int he league this year.

Hopefully this is what it takes to humble these kids. LT doesn't have it between the ears and there was no chance of convincing him to stay regardless. He still thinks he's going 1st round. He's talking about being in attendance for the draft so he can go up on stage when his name is called...

Meanwhile I'd be surprised if he has NFL opportunities in 2026. Kinchens is going to have a similar career to Jaquan Johnson. He'll linger around for a few years but ultimately have miniscule production. He basically just tested the same as JJ - a little bit taller, heavier, longer arms, and bigger hands. Same 40, slower 10 yard split, much worse broad jump, similar vertical. The minute he tries to jump a route and gives up a TD and doesn't learn from it as was the case here... he'll be done for good. NFL doesn't tolerate that for someone that is advertising themselves as "high IQ" and doesn't offer good physical traits.
You raise good points here , I have no doubt that someone came to LT and said something about staying and becoming a beast.

I feel bad for him , now that everything LT needed to be successful is gone . To get it back means LT has to go through the dessert now and train like no other so he can be like no other the Restrepo way.
It’s so very hard LT will have to cut himself off from his entourage with there handout EVERYONE and find X type new friends LT needs a whole new change.

Get rid of LITTLE WAYNE agent PLEASE LOLOLOL this agent should of said SORRY I seen you film YOU ARE NIT NFL PERIOD , see you when you graduate.

LT will be in panic mode very soon

PRIDE BEFORE FALL

You also gotta realize it's their agents that handle all of this as far as where they go work out and attempt to prioritize what work outs to target. I'm not sure who kams agent is. Most people down here just go to bommarito OR they head to Dallas or Cali. But feld has absolutely been getting far better at what's required of him. Mainly due to some of the equipment and programs we've acquired. He's nowhere near the liability I was concerned he may be. To be honest as much as I ****ed with gus him and feeley were FAR worse than feld. Doesn't mean feld is great at all. But he's the best thing we've had since swase.
My guys in the industry like Feeley more than Feld, Gus was a joke. Feeley's true colors are latching on to Manny twice now, I have no faith in you as a human at that point.

Bryan Mann left for a reason but Renaghan is still around which should help Feld if he and Mario even listen. At least Mann/Renaghan convinced them to get 1080's

I'll believe Feld is getting better when Rutgers doesn't skullfk 'em, playerS are drafted higher than the 4th round, and the team isn't a crew of blue chips looking like 2* players

Advertisement
My guys in the industry like Feeley more than Feld, Gus was a joke. Feeley's true colors are latching on to Manny twice now, I have no faith in you as a human at that point.

Bryan Mann left for a reason but Renaghan is still around which should help Feld if he and Mario even listen. At least Mann/Renaghan convinced them to get 1080's

I'll believe Feld is getting better when Rutgers doesn't skullfk 'em, playerS are drafted higher than the 4th round, and the team isn't a crew of blue chips looking like 2* players
For me feeley is nothing but a cosplay, doo boy clown. The rest, no comment.

Advertisement
cant wait till the roster is cleaned out where we can send monsters to the combine that test like monsters. Look at Mario's Oregon kids is all you have to see. We almost back to that pretty soon IMO

Eh, & I apologize in advance for this long post, but narratives have been irking my nerves lately b/c chit is parroted w/o any research nowadays.

I hate to bust ur bubble, & this is going to ruffle some feathers, but Mario’s Oregon kids that are of note are K Thibs, Holland, & Sewell, if we’re talking about who he recruited. The reason I state this is b/c of ur statement, & now it becomes a catch-22 at Miami.

Draft Class of 2019:
-Amadi (4th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Hollins (5th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Mitchell (7th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Jelks (7th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario

Draft Class of 2020:
-Herbert (1st Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Dye (4th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Lemieux (4th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Hanson (6th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario

Draft Class of 2021:
-Sewell (1st Round): A Mario Recruit
-Holland (2nd Round): A Mario Recruit*
*Holland technically is a Mario recruit, but he actually committed to Taggart in mid 2017. The reason y I kept him as a Mario recruit is b/c one of his lead recruiters under Taggart’s staff remained on Mario’s staff (Keith Hayward)*
-Lenoir (5th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Breeze (6th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario
-Graham (6th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario

Draft Class of 2022:
-Thibs (1st Round): A Mario recruit

Draft Class of 2023:
-Gonzales (1st Round): A Lanning TP recruit
-D.J Johnson (3rd Round): A Mario TP recruit
*Johnson transferred from Miami to Oregon after the 2017-18 season. He had to sit out the 2018-19 season due to the old transfer rules. He played sparingly during the 2019-20 season. He played TE under Mario after the 2020 season, b4 Lanning switched him back to DE, the position he was drafted.
-N Sewell (5th Round): A Mario recruit
-Aumavae-Laulu (6th Round): A Mario recruit
-Riley (7th Round): A Lanning TP recruit
-Forsyth (7th Round): Committed to UO pre Mario

Out of the 20 UO draft picks since 2019, only 25% were directly recruited by Mario (or 30% if we include D.J Johnson). The 70-75% that were drafted were inherited. Now here’s the problem or the catch-22:

If u say: “Well Mario coached all these guys up, so therefore he should get credit”, then the question will become why couldn’t he coach up the guys he inherited here? Better yet, why are those players derogatorized as Manny’s players, but at Oregon, they’re not labeled as Helfrich/Taggart players?

If u say: “Well, they had a different standard at Oregon than Miami”, then the question will become how was he able take players that went 11-14 under the previous two coaches & turn it around, but not do the same with kids who went 15-8 under their previous coach?

If u say “Mario started winning at Oregon b/c he brought in his own players, then the questions will be:

1. Why are the majority of Oregon’s drafted players prior to him?
2. From the classes of 2018 - 2021, what happened to guys like:
Class of 2018:
-Shough
-Addison
-Crocker
-Stephens
-Jackson
-Jones
-Cunningham
-Hall
-McKinley
-Elliot
-A. Johnson
-J. Johnson
-Faoliu
-Woods
-Randazzo
-Tucker
-Hailassie
-Kava

Class of 2019:
-Tuaanu’u
-Pittman
-Funa
-Delgado
-Millan
-Williams
-Dollars
-Eaford
-Wilson
-Waters
-Ware-Hudson
-Poti
-Townsend
-Hill
-Wilhoite
-Matthis
-Sagapolu
-Bridges
-Ma’ae
-Johnson

Class of 2020:
-Flowe
-Benson
-Butterfield
-Afaese
-Hutson
-Jeffers
-Laduke
-Denis
-Swinson
-Greenfield
-Naverette
-Jones
-Ashford
-B. Williams
-Harper
-Smith
-Shipley
-D. Williams
-Happle

Class of 2021:
-Suamataia
-Walden
-Thompson
-Thornton Jr.
-Brown
-****erson
-Matavao
-Cardwell
-David
-McNeil
-Davies
-Miller
-K. Williams
-Jo. Flowe
-McGee
-Tilmon
-Barkins
-Buckner

The above list are Mario’s, personal, recruited players as a HC, & those players did absolutely chit while at UO leading to them becoming cap casulties.

The class of 2018 was ranked 13th w/ 25 commits.
72% was basura

The class of 2019 was ranked 8th w/ 26 commits.
77% was ordures

The class of 2020 was ranked 14th w/ 23 commits.
83% was trash, w/ Benson going on to FSU where he’ll most likely be a 2nd round draft pick.

The class of 2021 was ranked 7th w/ 24 commits.
75% of that class is a faded picture in a broken glass.

Fam, that is a horrible ratio, which is why the vast majority of the players that have been drafted out of Oregon under Mario’s watch were guys he inherited. He’ll have two more under his name like Franklin & Jackson-Powers. This is why I’ve cautioned this board not to get caught up in the recruiting wars; the recruiting war is not the problem & won’t be the problem.

Eh, & I apologize in advance for this long post, but narratives have been irking my nerves lately b/c chit is parroted w/o any research nowadays.

I hate to bust ur bubble, & this is going to ruffle some feathers, but Mario’s Oregon kids that are of note are K Thibs, Holland, & Sewell, if we’re talking about who he recruited. The reason I state this is b/c of ur statement, & now it becomes a catch-22 at Miami.

Draft Class of 2019:

Draft Class of 2020:

Draft Class of 2021:
*Holland technically is a Mario recruit, but he actually committed to Taggart in mid 2017. The reason y I kept him as a Mario recruit is b/c one of his lead recruiters under Taggart’s staff remained on Mario’s staff (Keith Hayward)*

Draft Class of 2022:

Draft Class of 2023:
*Johnson transferred from Miami to Oregon after the 2017-18 season. He had to sit out the 2018-19 season due to the old transfer rules. He played sparingly during the 2019-20 season. He played TE under Mario after the 2020 season, b4 Lanning switched him back to DE, the position he was drafted.

Out of the 20 UO draft picks since 2019, only 25% were directly recruited by Mario (or 30% if we include D.J Johnson). The 70-75% that were drafted were inherited. Now here’s the problem or the catch-22:

If u say: “Well Mario coached all these guys up, so therefore he should get credit”, then the question will become why couldn’t he coach up the guys he inherited here? Better yet, why are those players derogatorized as Manny’s players, but at Oregon, they’re not labeled as Helfrich/Taggart players?

If u say: “Well, they had a different standard at Oregon than Miami”, then the question will become how was he able take players that went 11-14 under the previous two coaches & turn it around, but not do the same with kids who went 15-8 under their previous coach?

If u say “Mario started winning at Oregon b/c he brought in his own players, then the questions will be:

Class of 2018:
-Shough
-Addison
-Crocker
-Stephens
-Jackson
-Jones
-Cunningham
-Hall
-McKinley
-Elliot
-A. Johnson
-J. Johnson
-Faoliu
-Woods
-Randazzo
-Tucker
-Hailassie
-Kava

Class of 2019:
-Tuaanu’u
-Pittman
-Funa
-Delgado
-Millan
-Williams
-Dollars
-Eaford
-Wilson
-Waters
-Ware-Hudson
-Poti
-Townsend
-Hill
-Wilhoite
-Matthis
-Sagapolu
-Bridges
-Ma’ae
-Johnson

Class of 2020:
-Flowe
-Benson
-Butterfield
-Afaese
-Hutson
-Jeffers
-Laduke
-Denis
-Swinson
-Greenfield
-Naverette
-Jones
-Ashford
-B. Williams
-Harper
-Smith
-Shipley
-D. Williams
-Happle

Class of 2021:
-Suamataia
-Walden
-Thompson
-Thornton Jr.
-Brown
-****erson
-Matavao
-Cardwell
-David
-McNeil
-Davies
-Miller
-K. Williams
-Jo. Flowe
-McGee
-Tilmon
-Barkins
-Buckner

The above list are Mario’s, personal, recruited players as a HC, & those players did absolutely chit while at UO leading to them becoming cap casulties.

72% was basura

77% was ordures

83% was trash, w/ Benson going on to FSU where he’ll most likely be a 2nd round draft pick.

Fam, that is a horrible ratio, which is why the vast majority of the players that have been drafted out of Oregon under Mario’s watch were guys he inherited. He’ll have two more under his name like Franklin & Jackson-Powers. This is why I’ve cautioned this board not to get caught up in the recruiting wars; the recruiting war is not the problem & won’t be the problem.
his players are still a **** of alot better than what we were putting in the league is my point. the talent has increased the most ever since Butch (logically) Thats my point, I agree 100 percent with Dmoney YT video. I know u have the statisticas but my boy Rell you going to see watch

Advertisement
his players are still a **** of alot better than what we were putting in the league is my point. the talent has increased the most ever since Butch (logically) Thats my point, I agree 100 percent with Dmoney YT video. I know u have the statisticas but my boy Rell you going to see watch

Like I said, I fully expect 10 wins this season, & there’s zero excuses left b/c on paper this is the most talented team we’ve had since the early 2000’s, & now we have Mario’s stamp of approval on 95% of this roster.

Like I said, I fully expect 10 wins this season, & there’s zero excuses left b/c on paper this is the most talented team we’ve had since the early 2000’s, & now we have Mario’s stamp of approval on 95% of this roster.
my only concern is that the legit DL guys we got are too light in the *** thats why I say 25 but 10 wins is highly possible, and I understand your view point I get it

Advertisement

If it's 9, it's not the end of the world in terms of Mario's credibility as a HC IMO. 8 in year 3 with the amount of institutional backing he's gotten is unacceptable. So we're off by 1 game.

At the same time, I think Miami programmatically cannot afford to miss out on this playoff expansions given the movement towards a P2. We MUST have a chair when the music stops, so we MUST be relevant again now. Whatever we have to do to win 10+ games and be one of those 12 teams that makes the playoff, Mario and Miami have to make it happen. Which is why I want us back in the portal again this spring trading up.

As far as your analysis on talent goes (vs. say D$'s assessment), my own eyes suggest he's bringing in a lot better talent than what I've seen in the past and what I see among ACC opponents. So while you may be right that Mario has a high bust rate, as long as he keeps bringing in the top guys, I think it will sort itself out.

If it's 9, it's not the end of the world in terms of Mario's credibility as a HC IMO. 8 in year 3 with the amount of institutional backing he's gotten is unacceptable. So we're off by 1 game.

At the same time, I think Miami programmatically cannot afford to miss out on this playoff expansions given the movement towards a P2. We MUST have a chair when the music stops, so we MUST be relevant again now. Whatever we have to do to win 10+ games and be one of those 12 teams that makes the playoff, Mario and Miami have to make it happen. Which is why I want us back in the portal again this spring trading up.

As far as your analysis on talent goes (vs. say D$'s assessment), my own eyes suggest he's bringing in a lot better talent than what I've seen in the past and what I see among ACC opponents. So while you may be right that Mario has a high bust rate, as long as he keeps bringing in the top guys, I think it will sort itself out.

Shannon: 5-7 yr 1 / 7-6 yr 2 / 9-4 yr 3
Golden: 6-6 yr 1 / 7-5 yr 2 / 9-4 yr 3
Mario: 5-7 yr 1 / 7-6 yr 2 / ?? yr 3

So friend, u’re saying it’s OK w/ that projection? I’m not, & nor will I be w/ this schedule. Even if Cam goes down, remember? CIS said Poff was QB1, & was the real deal. Also said that about Emory. So unless every QB goes down, I fully expect 10 wins w/ this schedule, & this roster.

Shannon: 5-7 yr 1 / 7-6 yr 2 / 9-4 yr 3
Golden: 6-6 yr 1 / 7-5 yr 2 / 9-4 yr 3
Mario: 5-7 yr 1 / 7-6 yr 2 / ?? yr 3

So friend, u’re saying it’s OK w/ that projection? I’m not, & nor will I be w/ this schedule. Even if Cam goes down, remember? CIS said Poff was QB1, & was the real deal. Also said that about Emory. So unless every QB goes down, I fully expect 10 wins w/ this schedule, & this roster.

Not Okay, just don’t think it will derail him. I think that will be enough to keep building with the institutional backing he has. I also think it’s a strategic blunder to miss out on the playoffs this year so even if he can live to fight another day it won’t help if we’re stuck in the Big 12 or a diminished ACC.

Draft Class of 2019:

Draft Class of 2020:

Draft Class of 2021:

Draft Class of 2022:

Draft Class of 2023:

Class of 2018:
-Shough
-Addison
-Crocker
-Stephens
-Jackson
-Jones
-Cunningham
-Hall
-McKinley
-Elliot
-A. Johnson
-J. Johnson
-Faoliu
-Woods
-Randazzo
-Tucker
-Hailassie
-Kava

Class of 2019:
-Tuaanu’u
-Pittman
-Funa
-Delgado
-Millan
-Williams
-Dollars
-Eaford
-Wilson
-Waters
-Ware-Hudson
-Poti
-Townsend
-Hill
-Wilhoite
-Matthis
-Sagapolu
-Bridges
-Ma’ae
-Johnson

Class of 2020:
-Flowe
-Benson
-Butterfield
-Afaese
-Hutson
-Jeffers
-Laduke
-Denis
-Swinson
-Greenfield
-Naverette
-Jones
-Ashford
-B. Williams
-Harper
-Smith
-Shipley
-D. Williams
-Happle

Class of 2021:
-Suamataia
-Walden
-Thompson
-Thornton Jr.
-Brown
-****erson
-Matavao
-Cardwell
-David
-McNeil
-Davies
-Miller
-K. Williams
-Jo. Flowe
-McGee
-Tilmon
-Barkins
-Buckner

72% was basura

77% was ordures

To the red bolded
didnt even have to type all that just like i told u b4 we got Mario...the pac 12 is a step above group of 5 football.

Advertisement
Back