2024 NFL Combine (list of participants) CANES start 2/29

Advertisement
NFL Combine takeaway: Disappointment

Leonard Taylor simply blended in with others near the bottom of those at his position at the combine and didn't help a draft stock that seems to be catering. He measured at 6-foot-3, 303 pounds and then ran a 5.12 in the 40, which finished in the bottom tier. He didn't move fluidly during the on-field workouts and his three-cone time of 7.81 was the second-worst among defensive tackles. According to Pro Football Focus via Inside The U, Taylor played 870 snaps during his Miami career and generated 53 pressures while playing in 31 games for the Hurricanes.

this tells you all you need to know.

One problem for some of these kids they’ve never experienced NO and have always been the best and told so.

LT said when signed he’ll be leaving to the NFL , how could a kid say that when they haven’t played a down in CFB ?

Then have a mediocre (2) seasons at best say I’M NFL who’s telling these kids yes your NFL , LT is flopping at combine and expect an NFL to waist time with these kids .

Well LT knows now he’s soon to be looking for a regular job and going back to mom to deal with LT decisions of young kid .

Who now knows he has no idea what’s best for anyone.

Some should have given LT tough love in finish college get your degree then after (4) years try for NFL .

Real world is closing in now

Yep. And those same folks crawling all over his johnson, who have been telling him he's mr. wonderful, .... will vanish faster than a crack ho' with a stolen wallet.

Sad. We haven't had a recruited player look, play, AND or test like a top prospect in years. Njoku was the last one that I can think of and that was almost 10 years ago.

Luckily, Mario is infusing the roster with more athletic players.
No no no… Everyone on this board has told us how much talent we have on this team and how terrible/inept are Bullheaded/Neanderthal coach is.

We have had by far the most talented team in the ACC aside from FSU/Clemson.

Said a bunch of posters on Canesinsight. - check receipts.

Advertisement
Yep. And those same folks crawling all over his johnson, who have been telling him he's mr. wonderful, .... will vanish faster than a crack ho' with a stolen wallet.
Just imagine if LT had the mindset of Restrepo and trained like X.

LT would have been an All American, LT never nurtured his gift and it showed during his short time and I’s glaringly clear now.

He flushed away everything that X embraced and now you see the (2) different directions there going.
X was never given anything he has to earn every step to greatness and the physical and mental pain of the road less traveled.
LT never embraced anything close to X in anyway.

I’m not pounding LT into the dirt just showing what he did to himself and soon he’ll fade away.
If LT wanted he could regroup and call X snd say I WANT WHAT YOU HAVE . He won’t though because he refuses to drink from his cup of the road less traveled .

LT was GIVEN EVERYTHING to be the BEST and turned his back and now FREE LUNCH IS OVER .

Welcome to our world that should have never happened

Someone’s going to get incredible value if they get him in the third or fourth round. Hopefully he lands in the right situation.

More like if he continues on this trajectory, he’ll be out of the league in a few years.

More like if he continues on this trajectory, he’ll be out of the league in a few years.
Probably won’t even make a roster if he continues down the path he’s going down. Teams don’t play with guys skipping workouts.

But if someone can get through to him and get him to try/care he can be a great contributor to a team. Chances of that happening?

Hopefully this is what it takes to humble these kids. LT doesn't have it between the ears and there was no chance of convincing him to stay regardless. He still thinks he's going 1st round. He's talking about being in attendance for the draft so he can go up on stage when his name is called...

Meanwhile I'd be surprised if he has NFL opportunities in 2026. Kinchens is going to have a similar career to Jaquan Johnson. He'll linger around for a few years but ultimately have miniscule production. He basically just tested the same as JJ - a little bit taller, heavier, longer arms, and bigger hands. Same 40, slower 10 yard split, much worse broad jump, similar vertical. The minute he tries to jump a route and gives up a TD and doesn't learn from it as was the case here... he'll be done for good. NFL doesn't tolerate that for someone that is advertising themselves as "high IQ" and doesn't offer good physical traits.

Advertisement
Hopefully this is what it takes to humble these kids. LT doesn't have it between the ears and there was no chance of convincing him to stay regardless. He still thinks he's going 1st round. He's talking about being in attendance for the draft so he can go up on stage when his name is called...

Meanwhile I'd be surprised if he has NFL opportunities in 2026. Kinchens is going to have a similar career to Jaquan Johnson. He'll linger around for a few years but ultimately have miniscule production. He basically just tested the same as JJ - a little bit taller, heavier, longer arms, and bigger hands. Same 40, slower 10 yard split, much worse broad jump, similar vertical. The minute he tries to jump a route and gives up a TD and doesn't learn from it as was the case here... he'll be done for good. NFL doesn't tolerate that for someone that is advertising themselves as "high IQ" and doesn't offer good physical traits.
Most of these kids were always the biggest fastest growing up so much they didn’t even have to learn a playbook because of there athleticism.
Let alone EVER experiencing failure of a NO , TILL CFB then they arrive and a slow short WR Restrepo type player blows there doors in.
For LT to make statement of leaving for the NFL before he even puts on his TARDS and practices tells you all you need to know.

LT considered himself better then anyone else well now LT has found out geNOT at the NFL combine and CANNOT measure up to his group

PRIDE ID S TERRIBLE THING

I said when u put on tape. Hes gonna have better tape than most of these guys..doesnt mean he will be graded that way..folks already put out thw rumors on him and his love for football, etc. **** be a mid roinder im sure of it.

Dont think he was gonna be a 1st rounder thouvh always thought a 2nd-3rd rounder type at best
I hate to say it but as much as he struggled in plenty of these drills,as stiff as he looked(pause) In & out of his breaks, he probably 4th or 5th rounder now. **** shame he didn't take his prep alot more serious.

I disagree on Kam. He embraces the work. (Although he didn't target the right work outs to prep him for the draft so well)I think in the right system he can do middle of the pack. I doubt he's a front line guy. But not many safeties are these days.

I disagree on Kam. He embraces the work. (Although he didn't target the right work outs to prep him for the draft so well)I think in the right system he can do middle of the pack. I doubt he's a front line guy. But not many safeties are these days.
Exactly, why would he switch from being a workout warrior, captain and leader of a chitty program and then quit on himself when it counts? I think he just got trained by an idiot and whoever guided him there is also an idiot. I wish players "knew better" but chit Feld is the S&CC where he plays ball so why would he know any better?

Advertisement
So did Jaquan Johnson who was much further advanced IQ and had hardly any blemishes on film in college and he was irrelevant in the league.

Makes me hesitant. Trying to overcome athleticism limitations at that level is more difficult than becoming a knowledgeable player. Almost anyone can learn a system if they're in it long enough.

He’s a first round talent when he wants to give a ****…obvious problem is that he hasn’t given a **** the vast majority of the time.

If the right situation with the right coach thinks they can get the right stuff out of him (pause) for 3-4 years then I would consider it definitely worth the risk in the third or fourth round and would see it as a high value yet risky pick. That’s just me

I disagreed because if he was a first round talent, he would've done so much better than he ever did at the combine. He was misevaluated and nowhere near the talent that was advertised, athksticallt speaking of course. Simply put, he could improve those results some, but he's just not a first round worthy athlete or player based on production.

Exactly, why would he switch from being a workout warrior, captain and leader of a chitty program and then quit on himself when it counts? I think he just got trained by an idiot and whoever guided him there is also an idiot. I wish players "knew better" but chit Feld is the S&CC where he plays ball so why would he know any better?
You also gotta realize it's their agents that handle all of this as far as where they go work out and attempt to prioritize what work outs to target. I'm not sure who kams agent is. Most people down here just go to bommarito OR they head to Dallas or Cali. But feld has absolutely been getting far better at what's required of him. Mainly due to some of the equipment and programs we've acquired. He's nowhere near the liability I was concerned he may be. To be honest as much as I ****ed with gus him and feeley were FAR worse than feld. Doesn't mean feld is great at all. But he's the best thing we've had since swase.

Advertisement
So did Jaquan Johnson who was much further advanced IQ and had hardly any blemishes on film in college and he was irrelevant in the league.

Makes me hesitant. Trying to overcome athleticism limitations at that level is more difficult than becoming a knowledgeable player. Almost anyone can learn a system if they're in it long enough.
But the difference is jaquan was exactly what he was advertised as. To be honest his upside was limited. HE GOT TO THE LEAGUE, because on paper and in the film room he was exactly what was advertised. He was a mental player. He did EVERYTHING by the book. But he had very little upside beyond that. Kam is no part of that. He has plenty of upside. He's not a physical freak obviously. But he's a ballhawk, he has range. He's a great teammate inside of certain schemes. He's a leader and just as importantly to the league now, off the field he's everything any team could ask for.

I disagreed because if he was a first round talent, he would've done so much better than he ever did at the combine. He was misevaluated and nowhere near the talent that was advertised, athksticallt speaking of course. Simply put, he could improve those results some, but he's just not a first round worthy athlete or player based on production.
But his problem is he flat out hasn't bought in. He's lazy & he's not the sharpest of tools in the shed. Kids like him it's frustrating as ****. He's absolutely got first round talent. But the light has never came on for him up to this point.
I've seen people with far less talent Excell simply because they have that will,that work ethic. Him that stuff hasn't kicked in for him. Honestly I know most of yall don't wanna hear it but I blame Mandy and feeley for him. If he would've came straight in and been told we're about work here and nothing else. I'm curious how that would've played itself out. Cause as he is now, it's all just a show. He's got a mean boo game.

But his problem is he flat out hasn't bought in. He's lazy & he's not the sharpest of tools in the shed. Kids like him it's frustrating as ****. He's absolutely got first round talent. But the light has never came on for him up to this point.
I've seen people with far less talent Excell simply because they have that will,that work ethic. Him that stuff hasn't kicked in for him. Honestly I know most of yall don't wanna hear it but I blame Mandy and feeley for him. If he would've came straight in and been told we're about work here and nothing else. I'm curious how that would've played itself out. Cause as he is now, it's all just a show. He's got a mean boo game.

That's not even what I was talking about.

He simply isn't that fast.

He's not that quick.

He's not that agile.

He's not that limber.

He's not that explosive.

Yes, he could improve to a degree on all of those things, but he's not an elite athlete to begin with. All of those things you're talking about could improve his play in the field, refine his game to some degree.

Still, the person I quoted said he was a first round athlete, he's not. Those guys can loaf and have elite athleticism. They can turn it in for testing even if they're just whatever come game day. That's where I was going with what I said.

I agree with what you said by and large, seen it myself many times. Will, work ethic, etc producing unexpected results. The raw parts though, they aren't first round talent though.

Advertisement
Back