2016 Miami Norland 5* PF Dewan Huell is a Cane!

In all honesty I know people are joking about Zach but people dont understand how much influence the shoe brands have in basketball recruiting

Do you know about his adopted father?

Do you know what team he supports?

Yea I know Michael Lipman

He was vigorously pursuing a Nike contract for years and finally got one last year as Zach played for his organization Nike South Beach. They will play in the eybl again this season under the same brand.

He is ALL ABOUT NIKE. Honestly I am not just making **** up. I have seen and talked to the guy several times and same with Zach. There is even a chance Zach skips college and plays overseas

WHAT TEAM DOES HE SUPPORT?

Advertisement
In all honesty I know people are joking about Zach but people dont understand how much influence the shoe brands have in basketball recruiting

Yes, he's a Miami fan, but not a HUGE fan. As I said in the other thread, my father is friends with him. I'll ask.

Update: What I got, was he cares more about his business (ticket broker) than rooting for sports teams.

Supposedly he is a Canes fan. That doesn't hurt.

Yes, he's a Miami fan, but not a HUGE fan. As I said in the other thread, my father is friends with him. I'll ask.

Update: What I got, was he cares more about his business (ticket broker) than rooting for sports teams.

He went to school up north, I think Boston U or something like that, so he has no ties to UM, but...

He went to school up north, I think Boston U or something like that, so he has no ties to UM, but...

Zach will not end up at Miami. Lex is 100% correct that AAU/Shoe contracts play an enormous part in what schools these kids go to. The new coach for Nike South Beach is the former E1T1 handler/coach Boobie Francis. Boobie is very involved in where these kids go and money talks. Boobie recruited Antonio Blakeny *Stud freshman LSU* and Alex Owens (Didn't qualify at Providence so he at TCC) from Sarasota to Oakridge High in Orlando.

Antonio was first commited to Louisville *Yes we all know about the prostitutes and his advisor Reece whom is the head coach for the top level E1T1 team/ he also is an assistant coach for Oakridge! BTW Boobie got in trouble by the FHSAA for recruiting/handling the recruitments of Blakeney and Owens to Oakridge from Sarasota. Louisville was never going to stick on for Antonio because they are an Adidas school.

*Sidenote * A UCF coach told me that Antonio and Boobie were given $100k cash to sign with LSU - again that is from a D1 Coach

Boobie also took Michael Devoe from another local school (Timber Creek) his freshman year (Coach L offered Devoe but he plays for Nike E1T1). Anyways long story short if you play for Nike EYBL then you will sign with a Nike school (95% chance) . If you play for an Adidas school its 95% chance you stay with an Adidas affiliated school. Boobie is a known handler and since he is now with Nike South Beach, it is a foregone conclusion that we aren't getting Brown.

But hey I hope I am wrong!

Go Canes

Advertisement
This guy loves the skyhook and is good at it laugh but similar to Kareem Abdul Jabbar. He should be getting the ball more. Coach L sometimes gets too much of a pass on this board. It seems he lacks a way to get our bigs the ball. Too guard oriented.

Last edited:
Nice improvement by Coach L. Newton for once did a nice job of feeding Huell multiple times. On another note Chris Lykes is becoming the popular choice among Cane fans. Cheers were loudest when he made a pass or shot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back