2016 Miami Norland 5* PF Dewan Huell is a Cane!

Advertisement
**** of a day to be a Miami fan. Coach L is taking this team places they've never thought possible. Let's get it!!!

Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has any body seen the 7 footer 2017 Zach Brown play.

Yea. Not an amazing athlete but an absolute mountain of a human being. Weak lower body. He does a phenomenal job of keeping the ball high. Most of his point are dunks and layups. His left handed and his only true go to move besides dunking and layups is an over the right shoulder left hook.

He is an excellent shot blocker and rebounds well in his zone. Still very raw but he is just huge.

He has a ton of off the court issues

Advertisement
Canes recruiting class ranked #8 in the nation by Scout. Here's the crazy stat of the day. #8 in the nation.....#4 in the ACC. This conference is sick.

Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has any body seen the 7 footer 2017 Zach Brown play.

Yea. Not an amazing athlete but an absolute mountain of a human being. Weak lower body. He does a phenomenal job of keeping the ball high. Most of his point are dunks and layups. His left handed and his only true go to move besides dunking and layups is an over the right shoulder left hook.

He is an excellent shot blocker and rebounds well in his zone. Still very raw but he is just huge.

I heard he punched a ref at an AAU tourney

Thanks Lex!

Advertisement

I heard he punched a ref at an AAU tourney

I don't know how we stand with Brown (Maybe UConn leads according to the last article I saw?) but we would be pretty tough to match up with in 2017 we parlayed this class and a great tournament run this year to and land him. We're talking about the possibility of having a 6'11 and 7'0 5 with Huell as a legit 4 at 6'9. That's a nightmare to match up with. That would be incredible

Coach L will just have to walk into his house and show him a 2016 national championship ring, and say, "son, do you want to be the next lottery pick from Miami following Dewan Huell? Do you want to play in the ACC or the AAC?" Really not that tough of a sell.

Coach L will just have to walk into his house and show him a 2016 national championship ring, and say, "son, do you want to be the next lottery pick from Miami following Dewan Huell? Do you want to play in the ACC or the AAC?" Really not that tough of a sell.

God wouldn't that be wonderful. Unfortunately Kevin Ollie could come right in and match that ring and throw another 3 in the school's history in the mix as well. We face some uphill competition for sure. The ACC thing is a sell. But on the other hand it is a much easier path to the tourney every year for Uconn, which is attractive in its own sense. However if Huell pans out well and is able to be a 1 and done lottery pick then I think we have as good a shot as any on this kid. Just have to lead by example.

Advertisement
I really like this guys game. He will give us instant impact next season for sure. Definitely a next level athlete with incredible length and a lot a lot of talent to go with it, no surprise he is a 5 star recruit.

In all honesty I know people are joking about Zach but people dont understand how much influence the shoe brands have in basketball recruiting

Advertisement
In all honesty I know people are joking about Zach but people dont understand how much influence the shoe brands have in basketball recruiting

Do you know about his adopted father?

Do you know what team he supports?

Yes, he's a Miami fan, but not a HUGE fan. As I said in the other thread, my father is friends with him. I'll ask.

Update: What I got, was he cares more about his business (ticket broker) than rooting for sports teams.

Last edited:

Do you know about his adopted father?

Do you know what team he supports?

Yea I know Michael Lipman

He was vigorously pursuing a Nike contract for years and finally got one last year as Zach played for his organization Nike South Beach. They will play in the eybl again this season under the same brand.

He is ALL ABOUT NIKE. Honestly I am not just making **** up. I have seen and talked to the guy several times and same with Zach. There is even a chance Zach skips college and plays overseas

Advertisement
Back