Zone read

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Is Rosier even running the read? Or just pulling , when he thinks they aren't expecting ?

I ask because he makes the wrong read a lot , I've seen him keep when he should've gave and vice versa a lot. Just today there was 3-4 he misread. One would've been a huge hole and run to Homer.

Not bashing the kid , just seems like the zone read isn't natural with him. More guessing or going off a feel.

Advertisement
He missed a really big one on the last drive, but I can't say almost anything negative about a guy who flashes so much balls (or lunacy).

Noticed the same thing the drive before the game winning drive, Homer blasted through a huge hole but he kept it, then the very next play he should have kept it but he gave it to Homer who got stuffed.

He missed a really big one on the last drive, but I can't say almost anything negative about a guy who flashes so much balls (or lunacy).

I'm not even going negative , it's his first year starting and he's not a natural zone read guy. It's seriously an art.

I just see him make the wrong read a lot , like it's more him guessing what the d will do. Rather than reading the de, dt , lb or whoever he's supposed to be easing by the d alignment

Advertisement
Is Rosier even running the read? Or just pulling , when he thinks they aren't expecting ?

I ask because he makes the wrong read a lot , I've seen him keep when he should've gave and vice versa a lot. Just today there was 3-4 he misread. One would've been a huge hole and run to Homer.

Not bashing the kid , just seems like the zone read isn't natural with him. More guessing or going off a feel.

The big one was on the second to last drive right after Homer picked up 13 on first down. I thought that was gonna be a stinger. Very happy it didnt turn out that way. I hope he improves that part of his game. Great college ball game and great win for the Canes.

Go Canes!

Noticed the same thing the drive before the game winning drive, Homer blasted through a huge hole but he kept it, then the very next play he should have kept it but he gave it to Homer who got stuffed.

Yep. That's the one that real sticks out, that could've been a home run

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back